Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Finley to the Suns?

Go get 'em 'ape. Let 'em fly.

I see no way to justify paying finley to play somewhere else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #42
KennyDirk

KennyDirk is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Finley to the Suns?

you know what im with ape too, if we cut fin, i hope he does go to phx and he and nash really dallas what we're missing!! cuban's great dont get me wrong....but on numerous occasions when he did not get the job done, have you noticed the timely excuses?

1. Mourning......"he said yes to us, but then he went to NJ"
2. Shaq trade " We tried but they were not interested"

3. Kobe trial " if u heard the whole convo u'd know what i was talking about"

4. Nash " He left for money"

he'll make up some excuse later when fin is gone that finley actually wanted to leave. If he was to win dallas a championship we would have done so already. The excuse of saying the spurs are spurs is stupid because they will always be the spurs until really one of them leaves.

Fin is our heart and soul, he poured it out everyday even if his game has evolved he still can do it for us. He stands up for everyone on this team...so if he becomes the missing piece for phx to win i will be very happy for him, because we treated him bad enough.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM   #43
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: KennyDirk

1. Mourning......"he said yes to us, but then he went to NJ"
2. Shaq trade " We tried but they were not interested"

3. Kobe trial " if u heard the whole convo u'd know what i was talking about"

4. Nash " He left for money"

Fin is our heart and soul, he poured it out everyday even if his game has evolved he still can do it for us. He stands up for everyone on this team...so if he becomes the missing piece for phx to win i will be very happy for him, because we treated him bad enough.
And Cuban made these things up? Mourning did say yes and then did sign with NJ. The Lakers were NOT interested in sending Shaq to a conference rival. F*ck Kobe Bryant... And Nash did leave because Phoenix offered him more...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Finley is an aging, overpriced role player. Stop dwelling in the past ape.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to hear this a lot around here lately. Nash gone (quit living in the past), finley (paid to play for someone else) quit living in the past.

Hell finley hasn't even been waived yet and 'apes being told to quit living in the past.

Don't criticise any mavs movs...quit living in the past.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #46
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

?

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #47
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Finley may be an aging, overpriced role player, but he plays a very important role IMO. If Fin is waived, I think we'll win fewer games next season. I want Finley to stay, and I am not living in the past.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #48
alby
Guru

IMO, we would be better built for the playoffs where points come at a premium, where fouls and freethrows are important, where rebounding and defense is key.

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

IMO, getting the first seed is a pre-requisite for winning a championship. Right now unless the mavs are passed by houston, they will continue to have the toughest path to the finals. They'll play the number 4, number 1, then number2.

Versus number 8, number 4, number 2(?).

So we can poo-poo regular season games all we want, but winning the division and top seed is even MORE important now than when it was two divisions.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #50
TheFlyingGooseman

TheFlyingGooseman is on a distinguished road

Comon guys don't fight. Lets looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooove each other. Ok?
TheFlyingGooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #51
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Phil Helmuth
I'm glad my views are directly opposite of madapes as most MFFL's are. Go root for the spurs you fair-weathered, clueless bum.
Phil, I still love the Mavericks just like I always have. But the moves made over the past two years have turned me against the owner. The way we treat our players is disgusting. Our player personell moves have been horrible. We can't sign free agents. We give below average players ridiculous multi year contracts.

People say that Cuban is the reason we became an elite team. I say HORSE SHIT.

The reason we became an elite team is DON FUCKING NELSON. That piece of shit Mark Cuban decided that he was smarter than the 2nd all time winningest coach in NBA history and basically FIRED the man who took us from laughing stock to class of the league. He's going to fall flat on his smug little face and I'm going to be there to ridicule him... along with MVP and (future) world champion Steve Nash, along with former team capain Mike Finley, along with Van Exel, Tim Hardaway, Shawn Bradley, Gary Trent, Raef LaFrentz, and all the other REAL DALLAS MAVERICKS that have been fucked in the ass by this clown.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this brings up a question: what is a fan?

fan2 Audio pronunciation of "fan" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
n.

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.
====================================

You hate what the mavericks have become, you hate their decisions, you hate their owner, the players you loved are no longer on the team, the coach you loved is long gone, and you have nothing good to say about the team.

Are you still a fan?

I don't see it.

A fan is someone that is ardent, someone who is solid in their hope, their dreams, their optimism.

Think about any other type of fanhood: bands or actors, and it would be obvious that if you threw the same temper tantrum and said the same things ape said here, you wouldnt be viewed as a fan.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:51 PM   #53
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

Finley was bad two years ago in the playoffs (when he was healthy), his play has declined considerably for the last 3 seasons. I understand some people really dislike Erick Dampier but your hatred to him makes you look petty. With a core of Harris/Quis/Terry/Howard/Dirk no matter how much you hate Cuban we will continue to win 50 years a game. I would also like to see Avery get a full season or 2 before we decide to commit mass suicide.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #54
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape

The reason we became an elite team is DON FUCKING NELSON. That piece of shit Mark Cuban decided that he was smarter than the 2nd all time winningest coach in NBA history and basically FIRED the man who took us from laughing stock to class of the league.
Madape, I agree that Nellie deserves most of the credit for making this a winning team, but Cuban certainly helped. He is the one I would credit for bringing the fans back, and shedding the image of perpetual bottom-feeders. But your logic that Cuban "fired" Nellie is absolutely absurd. If you recall, before Cuban, Nellie wanted to step down as coach and let Donnie take over. It was Cuban who wanted him to stay in the first place. Not to mention the fact that Cuban signed him to a three year contract extension after the 03 season. Maybe you couldn't tell, but Nellie was absolutely tired of coaching, totally out of gas. Sure, they haven't always got along, but Cuban certainly doesn't have to pay Nellie to do NOTHING. Seriously man, your rants about Cuban are ridiculous. How many other owners do you think would keep Nellie in the organization, and pay him millions to do... nothing? I doubt many owners would.

Quote:
He's going to fall flat on his smug little face and I'm going to be there to ridicule him... along with MVP and (future) world champion Steve Nash, along with former team capain Mike Finley, along with Van Exel, Tim Hardaway, Shawn Bradley, Gary Trent, Raef LaFrentz, and all the other REAL DALLAS MAVERICKS that have been fucked in the ass by this clown.
So Raef LaFrentz is a real Dallas Maverick, but Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse and the rest aren't? Look man, players get traded... That's how things work in the world of professional sports. Mark Cuban may be a clown (not sure about the ass), but he certainly hasn't fucked any player in the ass moreso than any other NBA owner does theirs. Chris Webber made the laughable Kings into contenders, much moreso than Nash, Finley, or Nowitzki did for the Mavericks single-handedly. But he was traded to Philly... Hakeem Olajuwan ended his career with the Toronto Raptors... Derek Harper, and Ro Blackman didn't end their careers in Dallas... Shit happens man... That's the way the business works. Stop making Mark Cuban out to be some kind of idiotic sadist, when he's following the same standard as everyone else.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

And furthermore, Madape, I don't care how stupid or disloyal you think Cuban is... There's NO WAY he was comfortable with letting the 2nd winningest coach in NBA history step down, and letting an un-tested rookie coach, less than a year removed from his playing career take over, while keeping Nellie on the payroll as a "consultant" if he's so disloyal. No way that was his idea. Nellie wanted to step down, and I bet it took some convincing for Cuban to go along with that plan.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #56
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I guess this brings up a question: what is a fan?

fan2 Audio pronunciation of "fan" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
n.

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.
====================================

You hate what the mavericks have become, you hate their decisions, you hate their owner, the players you loved are no longer on the team, the coach you loved is long gone, and you have nothing good to say about the team.

Are you still a fan?

I don't see it.

A fan is someone that is ardent, someone who is solid in their hope, their dreams, their optimism.

Think about any other type of fanhood: bands or actors, and it would be obvious that if you threw the same temper tantrum and said the same things ape said here, you wouldnt be viewed as a fan.
Great post, Erica. Couldn't have said it any better.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:37 AM   #57
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: DNNF
Losing Finley won't be a big deal at all. This guy is a no show in playoff, overpaid whinner. I had a lot of confidence in Marquis and Stack in replacing him. We don't need anything in return for his sorry ass
Whinner and sorry ass? Wow. I wonder why so many contenders would love to have his sorry ass on their team. Good to see there aren't many fans that think the same as you. You probably made the post for shock value but if not i'd love to know what Michael Finley you have been follwoing.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 AM   #58
echo

echo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Finley has done more for this team in the playoffs than just about any Maverick ever has. We know he was injured last year. We know he's capable of ripping bitches up at any time.
Are you a misogynist or just incredibly immature? I'm personally offended by your last sentence. Even though you may have intended for this to be a 'basketball reference' it's in extremely poor taste.

Quote:
This franchise.. this owner... deserve nothing but scorn. Fuck Mark Cuban.
Oh really? Without Cuban's willingness to spend this club would be nowhere. Just because he made a mistake with Finley's contract and is now willing to admit this and dump him Cuban deserves nothing but scorn? Hilarious!

Quote:
The reason we became an elite team is DON FUCKING NELSON. That piece of shit Mark Cuban decided that he was smarter than the 2nd all time winningest coach in NBA history and basically FIRED the man who took us from laughing stock to class of the league. He's going to fall flat on his smug little face and I'm going to be there to ridicule him... along with MVP and (future) world champion Steve Nash, along with former team capain Mike Finley, along with Van Exel, Tim Hardaway, Shawn Bradley, Gary Trent, Raef LaFrentz, and all the other REAL DALLAS MAVERICKS that have been fucked in the ass by this clown.
Okay you're homophobic too. And what is up with the clown hatred? Anyway your posts are not only offensive, but incredibly naive. Van Exel, Hardaway, Trent, etc didn't do much after they left. Bradley didn't do much while he was here. Finley HAS been a great Mav, but he's not the player he used to be. Like Blackmon and Harper (also great Mavs who helped this team for many years) he will spend his less productive years elsewhere. I suggest you either join the Suns board or discontinue your juvenile tirades. Or at the very least curb your language as it does nothing to illustrate your points. Honestly it just makes you look really pathetic.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:05 AM   #59
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I don't think he's homophobic, just crazy. The "f*cked in the ass" comment, while vulgar, isn't necessarily something that's aimed at homosexuals in any way. Honestly, the guy's nuts and I completely disagree with 90% of the things he says, but I love arguing with him. His rants and raves are his schtick. I gotta admit, the board is more fun and lively with him around. I'm not saying you don't have a right to abhor that kind of talk, I'm just sticking up for him because I don't think that particular comment was in any way aimed at gays.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #60
alby
Guru

For the last few years, no matter how hard we try, we will never win the division cause of the Spurs. Even in our 60-win season, we lost to them because of the tiebreaker.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2005, 02:15 AM   #61
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Ok...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:17 AM   #62
alby
Guru

Which means, i rather build a team more suited for the playoffs as opposed to the regular season.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #63
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
I don't think he's homophobic, just crazy. The "f*cked in the ass" comment, while vulgar, isn't necessarily something that's aimed at homosexuals in any way. Honestly, the guy's nuts and I completely disagree with 90% of the things he says, but I love arguing with him. His rants and raves are his schtick. I gotta admit, the board is more fun and lively with him around. I'm not saying you don't have a right to abhor that kind of talk, I'm just sticking up for him because I don't think that particular comment was in any way aimed at gays.
I've lurked here for a couple of years but have not posted much. Lots of good info here and most of the debates are interesting. I'm not going to tell madape how to speak, but yes I find some of his language offensive. The first comment I highlighted was highly derogatory, perhaps because I'm a woman. I've known women who have been raped, so I find no humor in his statement. The second comment was typical "junior high" humor that was also questionable IMO. Since he's obviously looking for attention with such statements, I'm basically calling him out. There are women, gay men and other minorities who are probably Mavs fans, so unless this board is exclusively for white males, perhaps he should use better judgement before posting.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:30 AM   #64
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

No doubt. I was just referring to that one particular comment.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:30 AM   #65
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Losing Finley won't be a big deal at all. This guy is a no show in playoff, overpaid whinner. I had a lot of confidence in Marquis and Stack in replacing him. We don't need anything in return for his sorry ass
Whinner and sorry ass? Wow. I wonder why so many contenders would love to have his sorry ass on their team. Good to see there aren't many fans that think the same as you. You probably made the post for shock value but if not i'd love to know what Michael Finley you have been follwoing.

Are u reading any posts in this thread??? There are a bunch of fans on and off this boards feel the same way as I am. Finley's game has been declined the past 3 years. He does not make a conscious effort to go to the basket. He has become a pure perimeter player and his defense is average at best. Only way that other teams want finley is becaused they can sign him for vet minimum or MLE. That's the only attractive part. Even if he goes to phoenix, phoenix will not go anywhere far. The Spurs will stomp them again and again. Defense wins championship like it always have been proving for many years. However, I rather let his ass go, saved cuban some money and let daniels develop caused he played defense and playing with his back to the basket. This team needs to shift toward defense oriented. Cutting Finley will only help that cause.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #66
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: echo
Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
I've lurked here for a couple of years but have not posted much. Lots of good info here and most of the debates are interesting. I'm not going to tell madape how to speak, but yes I find some of his language offensive. The first comment I highlighted was highly derogatory, perhaps because I'm a woman. I've known women who have been raped, so I find no humor in his statement. The second comment was typical "junior high" humor that was also questionable IMO. Since he's obviously looking for attention with such statements, I'm basically calling him out. There are women, gay men and other minorities who are probably Mavs fans, so unless this board is exclusively for white males, perhaps he should use better judgement before posting.

Madape is a 12 years old kid who desperate for attentions
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #67
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

yeah this board is a lot less enjoyable with madape's inane comments.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #68
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: echo
Quote:
Finley has done more for this team in the playoffs than just about any Maverick ever has. We know he was injured last year. We know he's capable of ripping bitches up at any time.
Are you a misogynist or just incredibly immature? I'm personally offended by your last sentence. Even though you may have intended for this to be a 'basketball reference' it's in extremely poor taste.

Quote:
This franchise.. this owner... deserve nothing but scorn. Fuck Mark Cuban.
Oh really? Without Cuban's willingness to spend this club would be nowhere. Just because he made a mistake with Finley's contract and is now willing to admit this and dump him Cuban deserves nothing but scorn? Hilarious!

Quote:
Okay you're homophobic too. And what is up with the clown hatred? Anyway your posts are not only offensive, but incredibly naive. Van Exel, Hardaway, Trent, etc didn't do much after they left. Bradley didn't do much while he was here. Finley HAS been a great Mav, but he's not the player he used to be. Like Blackmon and Harper (also great Mavs who helped this team for many years) he will spend his less productive years elsewhere. I suggest you either join the Suns board or discontinue your juvenile tirades. Or at the very least curb your language as it does nothing to illustrate your points. Honestly it just makes you look really pathetic.

Oh please. "Ripping up bitches" is mysoginistic? You lost credibility right of the bat. You may not like what I have to say. I'm sure a lot of Maverick fans don't. But don't pretend to be offended by an innocent statement like "Finley rips up bitches". It's just a half-ass effort to get me in trouble with the moderators. It's so transparent.

If you don't like what I have to say, address what I have to say. Don't take fucking personal shots at me. Don't call me names. Don't label me racist, misoginistic, homophobic, pathetic, imature, etc...

What would you think if someone called you something like... a dumb fucking two-dollar cunt? I'm sure if someone did call you that, you'd have a whole slew of new names to call them. Probably starting with "Juvenile" (which you called me, even though I never called you a name, or labeled you a homophobe and a mysiginist).

I don't argue like that. I talk basketball. If you can't keep on the subject of basketball, keep your fourth grade shit inside your fucking two-dollar mouth.

If you can't, then there's no reason to talk to you at all.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #69
madape
Diamond Member

edit
Old 07-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #70
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
You have to sacrifice some things for other things. The loss of Finley may push a guy like Marquis to be someone very good.
The likelyhood that Marquis would develop into a good player if and only if Finley goes is extremely small. That's a sucker bet. Who knows Josh Howard might develop into the next Michael Jordan if we cut Dirk, or DJ might become the next Hakeem if we cut Damp, or if we cut Terry and Harris and go get some 3rd string college player who just graduated then maybe he could develop into the next Jason Kidd.

In this case the Mavs don't have to sacrifice Fin for anything except saving Cuban, who's already richer than snot, some money.
the most important thing, real game minutes would be sacrificed.
What an inane and incomprehensible response. No game minutes real or otherwise will be sacrificed if Fin stays. There will be the same amount, 48 plus 5 minutes for each overtime period when necessary. As for as Marquis or Stack or anyone else playing in those minutes, it would depend on whether their play merited it in comparison to other players like Fin. Most likely Fin's PT would be reduced to somewhere around 30 minutes to make sure he stayed healthy. Now if Marquis can prove that he's better on the court than Fin he could further eat into those minutes, but last year Fin's play was clearly superior to Marquis by almost any comprehensive statistical analysis and by the subjective analysis of 2 different head coaches. Fin didn't keep getting the lion's share of minutes over Stack and Daniels just because of his senority, he got it because he produced better results on the scoreboard which is clear backed up by facts. But all this aside, just by keeping Fin in no way means that the Mavs have no flexibility in playing a better player in front of him. But I doubt that they would play one who wasn't as good more minutes just because some fans thought he was more stylish.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #71
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Finley is done..The whole ironman gig is up. His body has taken a pounding from playing 42 mins/game under Don Nelson.

It is not worth keeping a guy who won't accept a reduced role(20-25 minutes off the bench) and who you know is going to miss 20 games/season.

The mavs should cut their losses and move on.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #72
echo

Quote:

Oh please. "Ripping up bitches" is mysoginistic? You lost credibility right of the bat. You may not like what I have to say. I'm sure a lot of Maverick fans don't. But don't pretend to be offended by an innocent statement like "Finley rips up bitches". It's just a half-ass effort to get me in trouble with the moderators. It's so transparent.

If you don't like what I have to say, address what I have to say. Don't take fucking personal shots at me. Don't call me names. Don't label me racist, misoginistic, homophobic, pathetic, imature, etc...

What would you think if someone called you something like... a dumb fucking two-dollar cunt? I'm sure if someone did call you that, you'd have a whole slew of new names to call them. Probably starting with "Juvenile" (which you called me, even though I never called you a name, or labeled you a homophobe and a mysiginist).

I don't argue like that. I talk basketball. If you can't keep on the subject of basketball, keep your fourth grade shit inside your fucking two-dollar mouth.

If you can't, then there's no reason to talk to you at all.
Wow what a mature response. I simply said that your language offended me and did nothing to further your point. This is a basketball board, so what are you trying to prove by talking like this? Are you trying to prove your 'basketball point' or simply get attention? Can you not make a basketball point without using this language?

If someone called me a dumb effing two dollar-c*nt I would'nt like it. Which is basically what you just called me. Feel better?

BTW I've been talking basketball here. I simply saw a post that offended me and called you out on it. Obviously you are going to say what you want. And yes I think it's pathetic and immature.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #73
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:

Are u reading any posts in this thread??? There are a bunch of fans on and off this boards feel the same way as I am. Finley's game has been declined the past 3 years. He does not make a conscious effort to go to the basket. He has become a pure perimeter player and his defense is average at best. Only way that other teams want finley is becaused they can sign him for vet minimum or MLE. That's the only attractive part. Even if he goes to phoenix, phoenix will not go anywhere far. The Spurs will stomp them again and again. Defense wins championship like it always have been proving for many years. However, I rather let his ass go, saved cuban some money and let daniels develop caused he played defense and playing with his back to the basket. This team needs to shift toward defense oriented. Cutting Finley will only help that cause.

Actually I have been reading this thread and i've yet to see anyone call him a whinner or a sorry ass. I'll have to check again. We've been through this over and over again. Finley doesn't have handles. Guess what that means? No driving to the basket. He's never had any handles in this league.

Its funny how everyone is worrying about Cuban's pockets now. Where were you guys at last year? Wanting Finley gone is fine. Posting your disinterest in him is also fine but don't sit here and look ignorant. Don't call him things like whinner and sorry ass which doesn't describe Michael Finley. Those titles belong to guys like Ron Artest. I recommend you stay out of Finley's appreciation post once its official. We don't need shit like that in the thread.

Quote:
his defense is average at best.
No shit? That's about the story for every single player on this team.

Quote:
However, I rather let his ass go, saved cuban some money and let daniels develop caused he played defense and playing with his back to the basket.

True but just one problem. The guy can't shoot to save his life. Can't be a shooting guard without a shot.

Quote:
He has become a pure perimeter player and his defense is average at best. Only way that other teams want finley is becaused they can sign him for vet minimum or MLE.
Wow. Such praise for a sorry ass and a whinner.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #74
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Finley is done..The whole ironman gig is up. His body has taken a pounding from playing 42 mins/game under Don Nelson.

It is not worth keeping a guy who won't accept a reduced role(20-25 minutes off the bench) and who you know is going to miss 20 games/season.

The mavs should cut their losses and move on.
1st of all there is no reason for Fin to come of the bench when he's the best shooting guard on the team, and he is unless we acquire a better one.

2nd of all Finley has never missed 20 games in a season and only missed more than 10 once, last season, for a injury that was more freak than anything and is unlikely to repeat. So saying he is going to miss 20 games a season is just unfounded BS.

Thirdly, Fin deserves a more than 20-25 minutes per game, probably around 27 to 32 minutes per game as long as he's the best 2 guard on the team. The Mavs play better with Fin on the court than they do off the court. And cutting Fin is just as likely to add to our losses if not more so.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Do you trust this man?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #76
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Do you trust this man?

That is one scary photo....lol!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #77
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Let the offseason take its couse and then you can rip the mavs.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #78
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Let the offseason take its couse and then you can rip the mavs.
Why wait when they're about to make a boneheaded move now. Even if they make some good moves, our off season could have been better without the boneheaded move. No need to stick your head in the sand and pretend that everything is OK when you feel it is definitely not.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

One note about Finley's past injuries LRB is that he takes too long to come back from them. Dirk has some horrible ankle injuries where you think his season is over, then suddenly comes back the next 2-3 games no problem. I feel like each injury takes a severe toll on Finley to where he never comes back to be the same player. Losing FInley won't be a drop off like losing Steve Nash. Daniels and Stack are capable 2 guards. When we lost Nash and had to rely on Devin Harris, I was a bit scared even as much as I love Harris. The main thing that matters is acquiring a player that will do well in the playoffs. Finley proved last year that he obviously isn't worth the money since he didn't come through then. Anyone thinking that his surgery will make him a changed man is probably a little too optimistic. Most players aren't the same after knee surgeries. I guess it's still wait and see though.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #80
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Can we stop talking about Finley? On July 22, we will know whether he will be waived or not, and then we will wait a year and then start either bashing Cuban or saying he is a Genius for letting Fin go. Save some energy for later. We have already explored the situation more than Donnie and Don and Cubes and Avery.

On an ending note, I don't care if he stays or goes. If he stays, I am not paying the money, and if he goes, I will not be responsible for letting him go. I am just waiting to see what happens over the summer. We have more important things to be concerned about.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote