Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Winwall

Winwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the rough
Default Dirk: "I'm not a complete player yet."

I found this on a german sports website. I've tried to translate it as accurate as possible. If you speak german, you should read the origial:
Sport1.de

================================================== =============

"I’m not a complete player yet "

Mavericks-Star Dirk Nowitzki patiently answers all questions

Wuerzburg – A small gym on the outskirt of Wuerzburg. Three oversized posters of NBA Superstars on the wall.
Training in front of them: Dirk Nowitzki.
This is where the 27 year old has founded his summer quarter.
This friday 20 journalists are waiting excitedly for the star of german basketball.

Nowitzki invites

Holger Geschwindner, Nowitzki’s mentor, has invited to a press conference in the „Nike-Zentrum“. Nowitzki and DBB press agent Christoph Bueker on one side, media representative on the other side.

Sport1.de was attending and sums up the most important answers of the four-time All-Star of the Dallas Mavericks.

Nowitzki on...

...the past season: Regular season was good, but I’m still deeply frustrated because of the playoffs.
We weren’t 100% fit when it mattered, didn’t play how we’re able to. I want to forget about the playoffs as fast as possible. This will bug me the whole summer. And this will re-motivate me.

... the criticism in dallas media: Sure, I’ve been criticized. But this spurs me to become better. I know myself that I’m capable of doing more. During playoffs I didn’t perfom the same as during regular season.

...his criticism on his Mavericks-Team: Many things have been translated wrong. I never said that this team was too dumb. And I never accused a teammate. We made mistakes as a team. We didn’t have enough game intelligence.

...his leadership role: This is overrated. Even during earlier years I always told my opinion within the team. Sure, during playoffs emotions were high on the court. I hope that I’ve learned something from the playoff disaster.

...the trade rumours about Michael Finley: I’m not up-to-date. When I was leaving Dallas a week ago it seemed we may release Michael from his contract. I think this is very sad. Besides Steve, Michael was my best friend on the team. When I came to Dallas he was the absolute leader. The more Steve and I improved, the more he quitely moved into the background. This says a lot about his great personality.

...the chance of a title: I believe we had a chance to become champions. The team had all it takes to win it all. But we weren’t consistent enough when it mattered most. Other teams took advantage of that.

...the weakness of the Mavericks: A team that wants to become a champion has to play together longer than a season. After every season we changed things and started from the scratch. If you take a look at teams like the Spurs you’ll see how important it is to play together for a longer time. Everybody knows what the other is doing. We weren’t this far.

...his training during summer: My goal is to become a good all-around player. Sometime in the future I don’t want to have any weaknesses anymore. In the playoffs I wasn’t able to take advantage of my height. I have to work on that and my athletism also. There are many things to do. I’m not a complete player yet.
a
...his contract: 3 more years until it ends. I’ll do my best to win a title during these years. I don’t know what will happen then. I will check out the market. But it would be something special if I would be able to end my career in Dallas. There are very few players that have stayed with 1 team.

...a possible career as a trainer: I guess I’m not patient enough for that. At the moment this isn’t important. I don’t know what I will do in ten, twelve years. After my career I want to distance myself a little from basketball and do what I’m not able to do right now. Travelling for example. After that I will come back to basketball. Right now I don’t know what kind of role I’ll have then.
Winwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk: "I'm not a complete player yet."

Thanks for translating and posting...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #3
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

"...the weakness of the Mavericks: A team that wants to become a champion has to play together longer than a season. After every season we changed things and started from the scratch. If you take a look at teams like the Spurs you’ll see how important it is to play together for a longer time. Everybody knows what the other is doing. We weren’t this far. "

That says a lot - I hope those in power are listening and give the team a chance to grow together before they start overhauling yet again.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like Dirk is hearing from the front office that Finley is gone...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Dirk: "I'm not a complete player yet."

Quote:
Originally posted by: DwD
"...the weakness of the Mavericks: A team that wants to become a champion has to play together longer than a season. After every season we changed things and started from the scratch. If you take a look at teams like the Spurs you’ll see how important it is to play together for a longer time. Everybody knows what the other is doing. We weren’t this far. "

That says a lot - I hope those in power are listening and give the team a chance to grow together before they start overhauling yet again.
Everyone should email this to Cuban.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk: "I'm not a complete player yet."

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: DwD

Everyone should email this to Cuban.
After Fin is gone, it would be a good idea to send the email.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote