Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #121
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was pure greatness.

There were a couple of segments where the jokes were coming too fast to fully appreciate them. I need to see it again.

How about a season 4 thread? Or at least a change of name for this one...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"Well, you left the tv on. And your cat is dead"

"She's in a better place. Actually, she's in the freezer....because of the odor"

"Maybe there’s some sort of animal that we could make a sacrifice to. Like … a giant buffalo. Or some sort of monster, like something with the body of a walrus with the head of a sea lion. Something with a body of an egret, with the head of a meerkat. Or just the head of a monkey, with the antlers of a reindeer. With the body of a … porcupine"
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #123
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i by no means think it was horrible. I love the show. but it wasn't on par with some of the great past episodes. but i don't let that affect my enjoyment of the show. I still love it and think it's the best comedy on TV.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #124
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

flaco,

you really liked the descriptions of the gods? I thought that may have been one of the worst moments in the history of the show.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #125
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'd agree with salt. that part dragged on a little too long.

I love the fact that Michael didn't make the 5K a circle.

also:

Knock-Knock

"Come in"

"hello, may I enter?"

"I said, 'come in'"

"see how I did that?"

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 09-28-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
flaco,

you really liked the descriptions of the gods? I thought that may have been one of the worst moments in the history of the show.
Reaaalllly....? Michael rambling on and on into the uncomfortable silence while everyone just watches him thinking "wtf is he talking about?" That's like the basis of the show.

I thought was great.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What did you guys think about the camera crew calling Jim and Pam out like that? We've never seen the office workers view any of the footage before.

I've always wondered if they're going to do an episode where someone gets a hold of the tapes or something like that and finds something out, or uses it against someone.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-28-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #128
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

that's actually one thing the british version does a little better than the american version. They actually treat it like an actual documentary. I think this is the first time we've seen that on the american show. I liked it.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #129
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
that's actually one thing the british version does a little better than the american version. They actually treat it like an actual documentary. I think this is the first time we've seen that on the american show. I liked it.
I thought they were REALLY pushing the cuteness angle with Pam and Jim..or PBnJ (very funny)....I liked it when Pam just couldn't hold the fact that they were dating in any longer...very "cute" and good moment.

I love Dwight's "I'm a farmer" routine

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #130
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just to go into a little more detail about the british series. They had a "special" episode after the 2 seasons it ran. In that episode, they were dealing with being somewhat known as a result of the "documentary" airing - The Michael equivalent (David) thought of himself as a minor celebrity, the Jim equivalent (Tim) had to deal with everyone seeing his failed attempts at asking out the Pam equivalent (Dawn), etc.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #131
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ricky Gervais is pure comedy gold

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Ricky Gervais is pure comedy gold
I read somewhere that he might be on an episode of Heroes this year.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #133
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I read somewhere that he might be on an episode of Heroes this year.
I wish he would guest on the US office.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #134
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i like gervais, too. but my favorite part of the entire run of the British Office wasn't even a comedy moment of his.

it was when:

SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN THE BRITISH VERSION

he simply told finch to "fuck off" in the special episode. i replayed that scene like a million times on the DVD. perfect delivery, and character-changing.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #135
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i like gervais, too. but my favorite part of the entire run of the British Office wasn't even a comedy moment of his.

it was when:

SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN THE BRITISH VERSION

he simply told finch to "fuck off" in the special episode. i replayed that scene like a million times on the DVD. perfect delivery, and character-changing.
havn't seen many of the British episodes...but the ones I have are pretty genius.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #136
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I thought the pacing was off in this episode, and it probably should have been cut to a half-hour, or a "supersized" 40 minutes. The jim/pam reveal in the car would have been a great closing shot, with them viewing the footage being a good open for next week, IMO. Way too much filler, overall.

Even my favorite character (Creed) felt forced in his painkiller speech at Meredith's bedside. However, he redeemed himself with his "I'm 82"/"Is any of this even real?"

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #137
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I thought the pacing was off in this episode, and it probably should have been cut to a half-hour, or a "supersized" 40 minutes. The jim/pam reveal in the car would have been a great closing shot, with them viewing the footage being a good open for next week, IMO. Way too much filler, overall.

Even my favorite character (Creed) felt forced in his painkiller speech at Meredith's bedside. However, he redeemed himself with his "I'm 82"/"Is any of this even real?"
I liked Creed's stuff on cults much better...very funny

Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #138
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

please, please...lets all now wait and go to the new thread entitled "The Office Season 4"

there we can talk of happy places like between jan's boobs
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote