Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBA Live 08

anyone get it?

I just got it for the Wii. It's ridiculous. You have to physically steal, block, shoot, etc with the wii mote. I just played the first two games of the Mavs season and I'm getting used to it. It is really, really fun so far.

Dallas has a 94 rank I think.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Nope and don't plan to. I think ima stick to NBA 2K8
Old 10-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I think that the 2K games are kinda choppy in gameplay. Alby claims that the commercials are amazing though.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i have nbalive08 on my phone--i love it.
I will purchase it on the wii this weekend.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I still play NBA Live 95'...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
on what? lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

The Wii version is unplayed in my living room.. hoping to get a crack at it tonight or this weekend...
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

My Super NES...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

^ haha
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
My Super NES...
haha, old school. I sthink still got my Super Nes lying around some where.

Didn't one of the Latest NBA lives' had live 95 on it????
Old 10-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I saw it got terrible ratings on the Wii, or else I'd gladly buy a copy.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #12
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
My brother and I played it on the Sega Genesis for years. We always turned off goaltending, and padded a single players stats (Derrick Coleman, I think). I mostly play '05 on my PS2 now adays.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #13
Nemesis
Diamond Member

the Chicago Bulls (B.J. Armstrong shooting the 3's) are unstoppable.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:39 AM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
My brother and I played it on the Sega Genesis for years. We always turned off goaltending, and padded a single players stats (Derrick Coleman, I think). I mostly play '05 on my PS2 now adays.
I'm glad systems strayed from the A,B,C Three Button controllers.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

that's what im doing with Dirk on NBAlive08 on my phone
averaging 87 points

Devin is averaging 39 assists

Contact Me
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

Phone game is pretty gross.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #17
alby
Guru

jealous.

Contact Me
Old 10-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
I like it quite a bit, actually. I'm not a nerd-headed game player, though. Between my NES and the Wii, I had a 20 year gap in game console purchases.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
I don't understand why
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I like it quite a bit, actually. I'm not a nerd-headed game player, though. Between my NES and the Wii, I had a 20 year gap in game console purchases.
lol, Back to the Future.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #21
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Go get NBA 2k8 ASAP. The best basketball sim on teh market.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

it's not on Wii

the way Live 08 integrated the wiimote into the game is awesome. I'm about 10 games into the mavs season and I'm addicted.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #23
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

I got 2k8 on PS3 today and the mavs are ranked an 74 or something around there..... very disappointing.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
alby
Guru

74????

uh, was Dirk injured?

Contact Me
Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 AM   #25
fluid.forty.one

74? lol wtf

they are like 94 on live
Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 AM   #26
alby
Guru

i just youtubed live08 and 2k8, so i can compare the two games

i hate to admit but, 2k8 looks like the better game =\

Contact Me
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #27
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Mavs are rated a 76 on offense, a 74 on defense, and a overall of 76. I think the Mavs have the 11th best rank, wtf. I was hoping Barea was gonna be in the game but nope looks like hes the only Mav missing.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #28
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
i just youtubed live08 and 2k8, so i can compare the two games

i hate to admit but, 2k8 looks like the better game =\
From what i heard...

Live= Better graphics.
2K8= Better gameplay.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #29
alby
Guru

a 76 ranking is pretty BS, that's retarded.

Contact Me
Old 10-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #30
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

I know! How does a 67 win team rank that low!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #31
ty
Diamond Member

GS better not have a better ranking than us.............................

Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #32
alby
Guru

What is the rating of GS

SA and Pho?

Contact Me
Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Warriors:
Offense: 74
Defense: 73
Overall: 74

Spurs:
Offense: 71
Defense: 95
Overall: 92

Suns:
Offense: 95
Defense: 85 (lol)
Overall: 93
Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Didn't one of the Latest NBA lives' had live 95 on it????
Live '06.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:29 AM   #35
alby
Guru

Warriors offense at 74?

Contact Me
Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #36
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

I'm more surprised by Phoenix defensive rating.