Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
So with your logic Baschar-al-Assad deserves respect too. Because of his position.
Was he an elected President of the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honest question for you: if the human being serving the position doesn't show respect to the position he holds (repeatedly lying, violating ethics rules, appointing corrupt people to office, using the most hallowed position for personal gain, violating multiple laws), why do you think the position should be given inherent reverence from others?
I never said to not call them out on things they do or say. That is a big difference. Starting an argument with captain shitbox just says that you don't really care about finding out what's going on and would rather jump spew garbage out. There are lot of funny names that could be given to both Bill and Hillary Clinton ... least of which has to do with getting a blowjob in the ooOOOOOOval AAAAAAAfice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
also, I wonder why you think talking bad about the specific man holding the office is disrespectful of the office, our government, etc.?
You know, I've actually wondered why this bothers me. I just feel that there are some things that should not be taken so glibly like this. If reduce thes President of the United States down to fart jokes and that just seems wrong to me. It tells me that there is no point is debating topics because it is literally meaningless other than a feel good feeling .. whether passing gas or making a joke at someone else's expense. I not trying to go the whole Holier Than Thou routine, but I do consider it to be different than calling NBA players names. Honestly, I never liked Michael Jordan when he was playing, but I had a deep respect for his ability. I've never liked Dwayne Wade and my level of respect is much, much lower ... but there is still some level of respect given.

Our government is supposed to uphold ideals and principles for the good of the people. It just seems like these should be serious topics. Are they, both specific people and positions, perfect? Hell no. But they are still a lot better than 98% of the rest of the world.

My last point would be that when people watch a lot of news, their tension spikes, they get bitter, road rage comes easier, and hateful responses are common. Why is this? Is there really this much hatred in the US? Honestly, I don't see it. I worry that this is the root of the problem. I worry that the news has actually stopped becoming news and started becoming 100% negative propaganda towards views that oppose their political stance. I worry that being bombarded with so much negativity encourages individual violent outbursts like we are seeing. Should the media be held to at least some amount of accountability? Does freedom of speech allow them to become a front for a political party and give heavy slants in their tone?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, if the president himself has turned the position into fart jokes, then why would the citizens misguidedly hold respect for that man anymore? He calls almost anyone who disagrees with him foul and childish names or attacks them in some immature way.

Obama was almost always above all of the BS criticisms the right threw at him by taking the higher road. He actually had respect for the presidency even if one disagreed with his policies.

I totally agree about the media though. Journalism has really become opinion pieces on one scale or another for clicks. Either that or big scary headlines that suck the masses in.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Was he an elected President of the United States?

He is a president. Or u think a president of the USA is something better and deserves automatically respect but for other presidents this doesnt count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I never said to not call them out on things they do or say. That is a big difference. Starting an argument with captain shitbox just says that you don't really care about finding out what's going on and would rather jump spew garbage out. There are lot of funny names that could be given to both Bill and Hillary Clinton ... least of which has to do with getting a blowjob in the ooOOOOOOval AAAAAAAfice.
And there you go...."but Hillaaaaaary and Bill mimimimi"

Trump IS Captain Shitbox...its a perfect name for him. But what is worse is people like you still not getting it what a piece of shit he is. Being POTUS or not. He is garbage. His character. His attitude. His lack of...everything.

There is simply no defending him. And on top of it he has half of Goldman&Sachs now in the WH, some other billionaires and golfs more than Tiger Woods and gets nothing done.

#SAD

Last edited by sefant77; 10-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
He is a president. Or u think a president of the USA is something better and deserves automatically respect but for other presidents this doesnt count?
Actually yes I do give more respect to the elected President of the United States. This guy was only elected "because no-one else was allowed to stand against him." according to the simple wiki. But continue to use idiotic arguments. I guess

Quote:
And there you go...."but Hillaaaaaary and Bill mimimimi"

Trump IS Captain Shitbox...its a perfect name for him. But what is worse is people like you still not getting it what a piece of shit he is. Being POTUS or not. He is garbage. His character. His attitude. His lack of...everything.

There is simply no defending him. And on top of it he has half of Goldman&Sachs now in the WH, some other billionaires and golfs more than Tiger Woods and gets nothing done.

#SAD
And there you go using name calling and vulgar language in my attempt at a serious discussion. #SOSAD #USOSAD
Closed Thread