Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #721
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Even during his brilliant 06 campaign that should've ended with a ring, Dirk would have a poor shooting game like this here and there.

He's usually good for 1 in a 7 game series.

Let's hope no more
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #722
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I just can't see Dirk not putting out less then 20 points at the AAC Thursday night. Dirk will bring his A game when on the HC.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #723
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Where's the primal scream thread?
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #724
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Even during his brilliant 06 campaign that should've ended with a ring, Dirk would have a poor shooting game like this here and there.

He's usually good for 1 in a 7 game series.

Let's hope no more
I recall much more than 1 out of 7, especially the last 3 years. Where is the Dirk who put this team on his back and scored 50 in the WCF against Phoenix when the series was slipping away? I haven't seen him in 3 years in the playoffs.

I love Dirk but I see why he has the national reputation he has, even though some is undeserved because he is not a true #1, take over a game superstar and leader but the Mavs try and make him that and he's judged by that.

But when you constantly go into the playoffs and he wilts so bad, his criticism is justifiable. Both of our leaders, Terry and Dirk haven't shown up at all so far.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #725
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of JET if he can come alive in the fourth during game three like he normally does that will be a big boost.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #726
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider972 View Post
I recall much more than 1 out of 7, especially the last 3 years. Where is the Dirk who put this team on his back and scored 50 in the WCF against Phoenix when the series was slipping away? I haven't seen him in 3 years in the playoffs.

I love Dirk but I see why he has the national reputation he has, even though some is undeserved because he is not a true #1, take over a game superstar and leader but the Mavs try and make him that and he's judged by that.

But when you constantly go into the playoffs and he wilts so bad, his criticism is justifiable. Both of our leaders, Terry and Dirk haven't shown up at all so far.
You're pretty dumb.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 AM   #727
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
Where's the primal scream thread?
We don't need it, we stole one in SA.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #728
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
We don't need it, we stole one in SA.
Now we just take two here in Dallas.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #729
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer a blow-out loss to a nail biter loss, personally.

I remember the year with Toine and Twan, we lost 3 squeakers to Sac and blew them out in our one win...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 AM   #730
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I prefer a blow-out loss to a nail biter loss, personally.

I remember the year with Toine and Twan, we lost 3 squeakers to Sac and blew them out in our one win...
I agree with you, it is less nerve wrecking to lose in a blowout.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #731
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

No way. A blowout loss indicates the other team is vastly superior and their fans had too much fun.

With a nail-biter, you can at least credit your team for fighting valiantly, and be more confident they'll give themselves a chance for the next game too.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-21-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #732
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

One thing with a blowout though it gives you more incentive to come out stronger the next game.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #733
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I can deal with the heart-break of a nail biter.

I can't deal with the embarrassment of a blowout.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 AM   #734
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
No way. A blowout loss indicates the other team is vastly superior and their fans had too much fun.

With a nail-biter, you can at least credit your team for fighting valiantly, and be more confident they'll give themselves a chance for the next game too.
Except for the preceding example to the contrary that I provided...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #735
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just put it this way, I did not have a great time in enemy territory tonight watching that massacre.

Carlisle was outcoached in every aspect tonight.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #736
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
One thing with a blowout though it gives you more incentive to come out stronger the next game.
That's a toss up. You never know how a team will rebound.

A close game might be stressful before it's over, but regardless of outcome, I feel confident going forward that they'll continue to give themselves chances to win. In a blowout loss, I'm depressed while it's still going on, but I'll remain concerned about their ability/confidence/etc. all the way until the next tipoff.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #737
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Except for the preceding example to the contrary that I provided...
Yeah, they continued to give themselves chances. Don't start cherry picking now. Most series do not have all close games decided the same way.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #738
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

It does not indicate their team is vastly superior.

The Celtics lost a game by 24 points last year to Cavs
Spurs lost by 20 the year before.

Spurs lost 3 games by 18+ to Hornets yet still won series.

Plenty of examples of series where a team loses by 20+ in a game but wins the series anyway. It's just the odd nature of a 7 game series.

I dunno if the Spurs are vastly superior. Actually I'm sure they're not. They might be better, but not vastly. We'll see! I'm not sure what to make of the game, the Spurs' D was tenacious but I think it won't be as good in Dallas, nor will the Mavs O be so stagnant and disoriented. I also don't think the Mavs rotations on defense are TRULY that porous. Gotta clean that stuff up.

I hope!

Last edited by ghazi; 04-21-2009 at 02:43 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #739
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Yeah, I'm just expressing my gut feeling.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #740
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

They poisoned the Mavs team at the hotel before the game, I saw it!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #741
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Losses always have more emotion then wins.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #742
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I can deal with the heart-break of a nail biter.

I can't deal with the embarrassment of a blowout.

I talk way to much smack to deal with blowouts.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain seargentry, chicken sandwich, for all intensive purpose, gdt 08/09, got a bit fluffy in here, happy 420 josh howard!, happy 420 to me!!!!, jah bless josh!, jh420, kneejerkdirkoff, oh well, sick and tire, this sucks