Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-06-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Ellis seriously injured

Mann hope this isnt as bad as they make it sound...he is very young and a good player with a lot of potential...hope he can over come this and get back to playin BB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/traini...ory?id=3051363

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 10-06-2007 at 03:14 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is horrible, it sounds awful. Apparently he has no noticeable movement from his shoulders down (hoopsworld.com for updates)....sports really mean nothing when something like this happens. Get well Monte...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Horrible. Hopefully he will recover and don´t end in a wheelchair.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

wow, I really hope its only temporary or that a surgery can help.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Blessedly:

Ellis, immobilized at Warriors practice, leaves hospital under his own power
Updated: October 6, 2007, 8:59 AM ET

Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis left a Hawaii hospital of his own accord shortly before midnight, just hours after suffering an injury that had him immobilized and carted off the court during a training camp practice.

A battery of tests, including an MRI and a CT scan, came back normal and the injury is being diagnosed as a neck sprain, according to team officials. Ellis is listed as day-to-day.

Ellis is not likely to play in either exhibition against the Lakers this week as a precautionary measure.

According to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, the 21-year-old Ellis was trying to split a double team on a pick-and-roll when he went down Friday night. Ellis lay face down, prone for more than 25 minutes.

He was taken to Castle Medical Center in Kailua, which is about 40 minutes from the BYU-Hawaii campus where the Warriors are holding camp.

The team's trainer was able to speak to Ellis, so it appeared he was conscious, but there were no noticeable responses to tests for motion, particularly from the shoulders down.

Ellis was strapped onto a board to get him on a stretcher to be taken off the court, according to Bucher.

Brandan Wright, who apparently set the pick on the play, said Ellis banged his head on Wright's hip before turning and falling to the ground, reported The Contra Costa Times on its Web site.

In April, Ellis won the Most Improved Player award for his transformation from an unsung Mississippi high schooler to a speedy scoring threat for the improving Warriors.

Ellis edged Sacramento's Kevin Martin by three points in the closest voting in the award's history, earning 47 first-place votes and 352 points from a media panel. Martin, the Kings' high-scoring guard, got 44 first-place votes and 349 points.

Ellis averaged 16.5 points, 4.1 assists and 3.2 rebounds this season with new coach Don Nelson and the revitalized Warriors, who returned to the playoffs after a 12-year absence.

The second-round pick's improvement on his 6.8-point scoring average in his rookie season was the NBA's largest increase this year, and he caught the nation's attention with a dunk-filled 28-point performance in the Rookie Challenge during All-Star weekend.

Information from ESPN The Magazine senior writer Ric Bucher and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear he's ok. He's one of my favorite players and certainly one of the more exciting ones in the league.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

so reports were he was paralyzed but it was just a neck sprain?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't read that he was paralyzed, just "immobilized." Doesn't that mean that medics didn't allow him to move?

Or can't you get a temporary paralysis from neck injuries (oh, how we miss DrBio's grad students around here)

I'm glad he's ok. Pretty scary no matter the outcome.

edit: nevermind the first part of my post, I just read the short article above.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-06-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

I hope he makes a full recovery, enough to live a normal life. However, I'm also hoping he won't be the same baller.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there, Monta!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Dammit. He's on my fantasy team.

...That's also the most insensitive thing I could have possibly said. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin_boi
I hope he makes a full recovery, enough to live a normal life. However, I'm also hoping he won't be the same baller.
Thts a messed up thing to say

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he'll be fine

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #14
jeffajufo

jeffajufo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin_boi

Why wouldn't you want him to be the same basketball player? That's a horrible thing to say.....
jeffajufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffajufo
Why wouldn't you want him to be the same basketball player? That's a horrible thing to say.....
Cause he's on the Warriors and probably will be for a looooong time.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote