Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #41
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

If the Lakers acquire Marion what were you guys see the Lakers finishing obviously Marion is the better player..
Old 09-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #42
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Why does he want Batman money? He is robin....
why do you want any money at all? you're a useless tumbleweed.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #43
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
You got to remember that he still had pretty good point guards before Nash. He had Maubury when he was dishing out 8-9apg, and i believe he had Kidd when he 1st came into the league.
So what? None of those guys made him a better rebounder or defender. Sure those guys got him some easy buckets here and there, but it's not like he suddenly reverts to a 10 ppg guy if he's not around a good point guard. I still don't see any reason why we shouldn't expect Marion to put up similar numbers in Los Angeles.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Forget how good Marion is without Nash - how good will the Suns be without Marion?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #45
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Basketball-wise it's a definite step backwards. But their luxury tax situation would improve, and that's their real motivation behind all this.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #46
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

On a Suns board they seem to be all for Marion to the Jazz for AK and Brewer... personally I don't think Marion is worth AK who has the potential to be the better overall player and a promising young guy.

Other possibilities that were thrown out: A. Jamison, R. Jefferson, L. Odom, J. Oneal, etc.

Marion would be a much better 3 for the Jazz system imo, and it seems the Suns fans think AK would be great in their system (and acquiring Brewer?)... so let's hope this doesn't happen.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #47
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

AK is in, what... his 8th year?
I don't think you can talk about him in terms of "potential" anymore...
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #48
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
So what? None of those guys made him a better rebounder or defender. Sure those guys got him some easy buckets here and there, but it's not like he suddenly reverts to a 10 ppg guy if he's not around a good point guard. I still don't see any reason why we shouldn't expect Marion to put up similar numbers in Los Angeles.
I'm talking about how point guards effect his offense. Maybe it's just a coincidence he's always had a good pg. Defensively, he's always been fantastic. Rebounding wise, he was always around 9rpg until he officially became a power forward. I think Kobe can create enough for him to average the same amount of ppg. I was just pointing out Marion's connections with good pgs.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he leaves. Anything that weakens PHX is fine by me.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #50
DelNegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I'm talking about how point guards effect his offense. Maybe it's just a coincidence he's always had a good pg. Defensively, he's always been fantastic. Rebounding wise, he was always around 9rpg until he officially became a power forward. I think Kobe can create enough for him to average the same amount of ppg. I was just pointing out Marion's connections with good pgs.
I gotcha. Good points, and I agree.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #51
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
AK is in, what... his 8th year?
I don't think you can talk about him in terms of "potential" anymore...
Marion is turning 30 years old and is entering his 9th NBA season next year
AK is turning 27 years old and is entering his 7th NBA season next year

definitely not considered "young", but definitely younger than Marion and has played a lot less minutes as well. (over 10,000 minutes in fact)

13k minutes for AK v. 23k minutes for Marion

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-27-2007 at 07:33 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #52
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

AK wants to go back to the mother country.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #53
xenonvisions

xenonvisions is on a distinguished road

go to LA..play with kobe..they will contend if he does..and if bynum grows up
xenonvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #54
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

If and when Bynum grows up is still a mystery...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #55
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

bynum is never growing up

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
bynum is never growing up
So the rest of the lakers are like the 'Lost Boys' or.....?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #57
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope they lose Marion and gain Odom...anyone who needs the ball like Odom makes me happy...because that is less time the ball is in Nash's hands.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:29 AM   #58
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
So the rest of the lakers are like the 'Lost Boys' or.....?
Toys R Us kids? =)
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I sure hope they lose Marion and gain Odom...anyone who needs the ball like Odom makes me happy...because that is less time the ball is in Nash's hands.
Odom moves well without the ball but yeah he's unbelievably good with the ball in his hands for the slash or the moving post move. Marion just does so much for them-- hard-nosed defense, shotblocking, rebounding. He does all the dirty work so Nash can play light and airy.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-28-2007 at 10:02 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #60
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Note to shawn moron - stop being a p. Thank your lucky stars you got a big contract. Shut your mouth. Play basketball.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-28-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Note to shawn moron - stop being a p. Thank your lucky stars you got a big contract. Shut your mouth. Play basketball.
Well said 'ape.. But boy o' boy, discension in phoenix land is priceless.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #62
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is my favorite post of yours, ever.

I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #63
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Yep, I hope they trade him and that they suffer in the Wins column
Old 09-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #64
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Shawn Marion is only going to land with the Lakers if new Suns GM Steve Kerr is willing to take back Kwame Brown and Vlade Radmanovic. That's not happening, and the Suns aren't getting Lamar Odom for Marion, either. New York Daily News
ROFLMAO @ Shawn Marion for Kwame Brown, yeah Suns you should definetely make that move I mean he IS a former #1 draft pick picked by M.J. So that means he has to be at least as good as M.J.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #65
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If the Suns are smart, they will realize that Nash and Amare are never going to reach their true potential until they get out Marion's shadow. Just let the guy go, Suns, so your stars can get even better!
There is no way you believe what you just wrote?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #66
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I agree, and I will forward that same note to AK.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote