Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #81
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal Spur
then why didn't TP get the push call when he tripped?
Did he trip over Duncan's leg, by any chance? I couldn't tell on any replay, but it looked just as likely that he tripped over Duncan as Howard or Terry.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #82
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The trip itself was a foul. Duncan was not in position. He was moving laterally and slid his foot to where Dirk's was going to be.
he was also well inside the restricted area -- in that situation....contact + shooter to the ground = foul 99 times out of a hundred. It was a no-brainer call.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #83
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBum
???????????????? What??? You just contradicted yourself.
I think it's fairly evident that he meant "but he did put his foot under Nowitzki's, even if it was unintentional."

Regarding the Parker *non-call*, who tripped Parker in the first place? Could it have been Duncan by any chance?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #84
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I find it hard to believe that x-rays weren't taken. I can remember times where Dirk had x-rays done mid-game just to put his mind at ease.
I find it hard to believe as well. There is no harm in taking x-rays just to be sure but it wouldn't be the first time the Mavs put false information out there either.

If I was Pop I'd make Dirk prove he can beat whoever is on him with the gimpy ankle before I double/triple team him tonight.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #85
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure parker tripped on a stationary Josh Howard. If that's a foul, dallas players might as well just go ahead and start running into the sp*rts' players' feet. That sounds a lot better than just going into the lane and stepping on someone's foot and getting your ankle sprained.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #86
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I'm pretty sure parker tripped on a stationary Josh Howard. If that's a foul, dallas players might as well just go ahead and start running into the sp*rts' players' feet. That sounds a lot better than just going into the lane and stepping on someone's foot and getting your ankle sprained.
I've got it TIVO'ed; no question; Howard's leg sticks out & trips TP. Big no-call considering the circumstances.

Tim's foot was "more" stationary; but not surprising the call was made. HUGE call fouling out Duncan. 5th foul, Duncan just stood there & Dirk jumped through him; again, not a surprising call; and one that Duncan often gets when he's the offensive player.

All things, however, even out, and the Mavs still must win two more games. No whining. It wasn't a game 7, and Mavs fans had there own gripes about game 1.

Spurs will play there best game of the post-season tonite. We'll see if it is enough.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #87
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Michael Finley is still being paid millions of dollars by the Dallas Mavericks. On Saturday, he was worth the money for the Dallas Mavericks. May 13th, 2006

"Michael has been beyond a pleasure," Popovich said. "He's obviously done as a player, but his leadership -- his quiet leadership -- and example, his work ethic, his class in the locker room, they've all been great additions." May 11th, 2006
interesting quotes.

cheers
Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #88
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
I've got it TIVO'ed; no question; Howard's leg sticks out & trips TP. Big no-call considering the circumstances.

Tim's foot was "more" stationary; but not surprising the call was made. HUGE call fouling out Duncan. 5th foul, Duncan just stood there & Dirk jumped through him; again, not a surprising call; and one that Duncan often gets when he's the offensive player.

All things, however, even out, and the Mavs still must win two more games. No whining. It wasn't a game 7, and Mavs fans had there own gripes about game 1.

Spurs will play there best game of the post-season tonite. We'll see if it is enough.
I DVR'ed it as well, and Josh Howard sets his foot well before Parker starts moving. A big, correct, non-call. Tim's foot, like the rest of his body, was sliding over. Dirk had already started his move to the basket, as Tim Duncan planted his foot a fraction of a second before Dirk stepped on the same spot. A correct call was made there.

Let's hope Kitten Van Horn can come through this game or next to give Dirk some rest. It'd be ideal to close out this series in 5 games and give Dirk's ankle some rest while the Clippers and Suns are engaged in this dog fight.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #89
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Maybe Van Horn will become our decoy?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #90
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i would be savovic shocked if this series went 5 games. in fact, that would be nothing short of a minor miracle.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #91
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I've been listening to Ben & Skin pregame. According to them, Dirk's ankle is "way swolen" and Avery is going to play it my ear.

DA has been deactivated and the Charmin will be suited up tonight.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #92
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Pavel was deactivated for the playoffs?

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #93
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This year you're allowed to carry an extra guy on the playoff roster, but he must not be active. You're allowed to activate/deactive the player before each game. KVH has been our non-active guy that's on the playoff roster.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-15-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:47 PM   #94
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

that was a joke.

KVH is as hardcore as steel wool underwear and he's going to be money tonight

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-15-2006 at 07:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #95
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I thought Pavel was deactivated for the playoffs?

Ahh...charmin....bear....got it.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #96
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Well, was it Dirk who sprained his ankle? I think it might have been someone else.