Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default TNT coverage

Let's not even talk about Kenny and Chuck.

What was with the Kerr lovefest? Why do they have to show the Kerr video? That was so stupid and disrespectful. Listne to Kerr, all he says is "Spurs need to... Spurs don't..." Its alll Spurs.

What about not following Harris and missing the fast break layup?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Kenny Just picked the Spurs to comeback on his radio show.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Kenny molests small animals while sitting in Barkley's lap.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

That would be probably make a better radio show.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #5
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Kenny also said the Suns would go fishing after game 5. Barkley and Smith said nice things about the Mavs after game 2 because hey, it's only one game. They can't possibly win more than 2 in the series against the Spurs. They didn't expect this and they are pissed.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
frost5

frost5 is on a distinguished road

players who have played for a team in the past should be broadcasting their games esp. when its for a national audience. The Kerr Spurs praising was getting a bit ridiculous
frost5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Forget Kenny and Chuck. If I have to see or hear about Kerr's 4 3's in the 4th quarter back in '02 i'm gonna throw my TV out of the window. Who in the flying hell gives a damn about what happened 4 years ago? And yea i'm still pissed about that little display Kerr had lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Kenny and Chuck were visibly shaken when the game ended. Man I just loved it. They also ignored what Lebron said about Chuck.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck said at halftime "Whoever wins this game wins the series".

Is he going back on that? Or is it just Kenny?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Hey Kenny, Chuck & Kerr: SCOREBOARD!!!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #11
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i listen to no one who says, "i made hakeem olajuwon better."

kenny, its statements like these that make me wish you were a true southpark character. instead, you just keep coming back with ignorant remarks.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav
Hey Kenny, Chuck & Kerr: SCOREBOARD!!!
hee hee.....genius.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife cracks me up every time the Mavs play on TNT. She loves the Mavs almost as much as me, but I just can't stand listening to Kerr and Albert, or Reggie Miller, or any of the guys that do the half time report -- So I mute the television and sit there and stare at it.

She always asks me how I can tune her and the kids out so easily, but can never tune out these idiots who don't know anything, and show up one-sided with every word they speak.

Makes me realize that I take it far too serious for just a game.

Go Mavs -- please end it in 5.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #14
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Kenny is such a treat to watch. When he tries to say something intelligent his eyes go back and forth searching for his next words. He never finds those words so his eyes continue to bounce back and forth until Chuck says something totally stupid and you forget that Kenny made no point. Hilarious.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Makes me realize that I take it far too serious for just a game.
Last year during the playoffs my wife got really sick. I made her take Nyquil under the pretense of helping her, but truth be told I really just wanted to shut her up so I could watch the game....

.....I wonder a) do I take the games far too seriously?; and b) what should I do tomorrow night to shut her up so I can concentrate on game 5?
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #16
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
Last year during the playoffs my wife got really sick. I made her take Nyquil under the pretense of helping her, but truth be told I really just wanted to shut her up so I could watch the game....

.....I wonder a) do I take the games far too seriously?; and b) what should I do tomorrow night to shut her up so I can concentrate on game 5?

C) You are just a bad husband.

And your wife would choose C as would anybody.

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-16-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Chuck said at halftime "Whoever wins this game wins the series".

Is he going back on that? Or is it just Kenny?
It's just Kenny. Barkley isn't on the show. Kenny has a daily show on Sirius.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #18
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Barkley and Smith have been fondling Spurs nuts since forever. I understand if they're lost like deer in headlights the way this series is turning out.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
C) You are just a bad husband.

And your wife would choose C as would anybody.
thanks Uwe, but it was really more of a joke than a multiple choice test.

Cheers
Old 05-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Didn't TNT have this guy in the studio with Ernie and Kenny, masquerading as a basketball expert?
__________________________________________________ _____________________

BBC Interviews Wrong Man as Expert

By DANICA KIRKA, AP

LONDON (May 15) - The BBC interviewed the wrong Guy.
The network has apologized to its viewers for a studio mix up that resulted in a man mistakenly appearing on live television as Guy Kewney -- an expert on Internet music downloads.

BBC
This surprised technology job applicant fielded questions from a BBC reporter who mistakenly thought he was an expert on Internet music downloads.

In fact the man was Guy Goma, a Congolese man applying for a technology-related job with the British Broadcasting Corp. Goma followed an employee to the studio after a mistake at a reception desk, the corporation said late Monday.

The BBC said it apologized to viewers for any confusion.

The case of mistaken identity occurred on May 8 -- the day Britain's High Court awarded Apple Computer a victory in a lawsuit against Apple Corps, The Beatles' commercial arm.

In a reaction piece following the verdict, the BBC News 24 consumer affairs correspondent Karen Bowerman ostensibly welcomed computer expert Kewney.

After she introduced the apparent expert, there was a moment when Goma winced. He scrunched his face in panic and tried to open his mouth as if to explain. (Kiki loves this part.)

"Were you surprised by this verdict today?" Bowerman asked.

"I'm very surprised to see the verdict come on me because I was not expecting that," he said in a heavy French accent, blinking in the studio lights. "When I came, they told me something else."

Nonplussed, he pressed on, growing more confident in his punditry as the interview progressed. He gamely delivered his opinion on the future of music downloads and cyber cafes following the landmark verdict.

Meanwhile, the real Kewney, who was waiting to be taken to the studio, looked up on a monitor and found another man in the interviewee's chair.

"What would you feel, if while you were sitting in that rather chilly reception area, you suddenly saw yourself not sitting in reception, but live, on TV? A bit surprised?" Kewney wrote on his Web log.

Kewney, who could not be reached for comment Monday, said on his blog that he was amused at first -- but then thought that viewers would think he did not know his subject, hurting his reputation.

Kewney and other media outlets originally reported that Goma was a cab driver -- though the BBC later said the reports were inaccurate.

Producers apparently realized by the end of the interview that something had gone wrong -- and, after they had gone off the air, asked their "expert" if there was a problem.

"He said: 'Well, it was OK, but I was a bit rushed,' Kewney wrote on his blog.

Goma told the BBC his interview was stressful, but added he was prepared to return to the airwaves. He said he was "happy to speak about any situation," the BBC reported. Officials at BBC declined to comment on whether he would get the job he was applying for.

5/15/2006 16:50:21

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 05-16-2006 at 03:39 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #21
Nemesis
Diamond Member

my ears!!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
thanks Uwe, but it was really more of a joke than a multiple choice test.

Cheers
Ok, but that didn't have any indication of a joke to me. I guess I don't know your humor. Sorry.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
Ok, but that didn't have any indication of a joke to me. I guess I don't know your humor. Sorry.
humor as dry as a stone....if you have to explain a joke it probably ain't all that funny in the first place.

regards
Old 05-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #24
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

It seems to me that Kerr has been getting better lately about the Spurs homerism....I honestly didn't notice it much at all last night. Albert on the other hand was making so many factual errors that I actually started getting confused.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #25
mavfanfromokla

mavfanfromokla is on a distinguished road

why have are so many of those guys anti mavs?
mavfanfromokla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #26
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Because of the overtime, my Tivo cut off after about 2 minutes of postgame. Anyone care to recap? hear they ragged on Terry for celebrating too much. I guess there is only so much you can do to repress your joy at surving the world champs best blow.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #27
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
It seems to me that Kerr has been getting better lately about the Spurs homerism....I honestly didn't notice it much at all last night. Albert on the other hand was making so many factual errors that I actually started getting confused.
I thought he may have been getting better, as well, until I read his Yahoo Sports column today:

"Tim Duncan – San Antonio's big man was dominant again in scoring 31 points, grabbing 13 boards and recording six assists. But for the second straight game, Duncan was whistled for a controversial foul late in the action that may have cost the Spurs the game. With Nowitzki driving to the hole, Duncan slid over from the weak side and drew a charge. Referee Jimmy Clark blew his whistle and pointed at the arc on the floor that signifies the restricted area, calling the foul on Duncan and indicating he was inside the arc. The problem was that Duncan's feet were at least a foot outside the arc. Instead of San Antonio gaining possession with a five-point lead in the final minutes, Nowitzki went to the free-throw line and made three free throws – two for the foul and another for a delay-of-game technical foul called on the Spurs while they argued the call."

One, it was called a block, so Tim didn't draw "a charge". Two, I've no idea if the ref signaled that his feet were within the arc, but either way, I didn't think he was set on that play. It wasn't as if he made it in clearly enough time like Anderson V. of the Cavs taking Billups charge.

Kerr's a Spurs' homer. Always will be. Frustrating that he's allowed to broadcast Spurs' games on national television.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about TNT coverage is the great Doug Collins. I could watch Blazers/Sonics games all day as long as he was providing commentary and analysis.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Doug is awesome. I like Marv's attitude although he gets the facts wrong a lot. Kerr is actually good about 80% of the time-- he knows his stuff, he's just a little painful to listen to.

I remember the other night when Parker was fouled about 4 steps away from the basket and Marv was just screaming "ohhhhhhhhhhh and lets see if the basket countsssss" and Kerr quietly whispered, "actually, Marv he was fouled at the three point line" or something like that
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #30
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
I said it in the game thread and I'll say it again. If Kerr got a $1000 for every time he said the word "Mavericks" and had to give back a $1000 for every time he said the word "Spurs" he would be down about $50K right about now. And I said that at the half. Kerr was probably down $125K by the time OT was over.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote