Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-29-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cowboys sign Adrian Murrell????

Ticket is reporting that the Cowboys signed Adrian Murrell... and Bill Parcells confirmed this during his press conference.

I see this as a message being sent to Hambrick.

Thoughts? Anyone Care?
Old 10-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys sign Adrian Murrell????

the only message that I can see is this.. 'Troy, if you totally suck..we might have someone that sucks slightly less.'
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

"Young suckitude, meet old suckitude. Old suckitude, this is Troy Hambrick."
Old 10-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I wish Dallas would have picked up C. Dillion before the trade deadline, and moved T. Hambrick back to the backup role at RB. Then this wouldn't be an issue. Dallas needs a premiere running back before they can start to advance to the next level. Hambrick will not have a 1000 plus yards rushing this season. Most of the rushing that has been done so far has been from A. Caison.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I agree that we need a premier running back but Dillon ain't it. 7 years of wear and tear on a running back? He's damaged goods.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

If Troy Hambrick can't run with this offensive line, what makes them think Adrian Murrell can? I would have to say Jerry Jones is behind this, or Bill Parcells has a really big hunch...either way i don't see it working out.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:20 PM   #7
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Personally, I think he's not too much better than Avion Cason, but maybe he's more of a "Parcells-type" player.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:42 PM   #8
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

did murrell get cut at the very end of training camp? what was the reason given then? i'm assuming it was simply a numbers deal.
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Cowboys sign Adrian Murrell????

What's the deal with Murrell talking in the 3rd person?

"the cowboys don't need murrell to win. They don't need murrell to be a saviour. Murrell is just happy to be here..."

Ugh.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:03 AM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ItalianMobbstah187
did murrell get cut at the very end of training camp? what was the reason given then? i'm assuming it was simply a numbers deal.
Since he's a veteran, if he was with the team for the 1st game, his salary would be guaranteed for the season. They didn't want to make that commitment unless they needed him. If you recall, Brian Westbrook made the team out of camp and was cut after one game last year.

Old 10-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I really wish we would have drafted a back. I believe Ontario Smith was still on the board when we drafted in the 3rd round.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hambrick seems to have a bad habbit of getting happy feet and is hesitant to hit the hole. Barry Sanders, he is not.

This seems to be happening every other game. I think that is because he plays bad for one week and Bill yells at him and he plays better the next week. It is a cycle.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 02:44 PM   #13
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

We'll see how hambrick responds this week. if he needs that kind of motivation from big bill to perform, then i don't thinks he's going to last around here.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:03 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It all starts at the offensive line. I cdon't care who is back there if they aren't going to block they aren't going to be successful running.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I think the two reasons murrell signed with boys are

a). Send a message to Troy that he sucks.

b). Richie Anderson is hurt and there is a chance he might miss a lot of games and Bill probably wants Murrell to fillup Anderson's Role.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I think the two reasons murrell signed with boys are
a). Send a message to Troy that he sucks.
b). Richie Anderson is hurt and there is a chance he might miss a lot of games and Bill probably wants Murrell to fillup Anderson's Role.
I think that is the key reason. I think that sucks. I hope he gets well fast, this might work against Washington, but we need R. Anderson for the Patriots of the world.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:38 PM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

The signing of murrell also proves:

1) Parcells will do whatever it takes to win (even ruffle the feathers of his starting back)
2) Parcells will call on "his guys" even when he has to call them out of retirement.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:04 PM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hambrick is an albatross. I didn't like him last year and my opinion of him hasn't changed.

Its clear this is a guy who doesn't want to have to "work" too hard to get his yardage. And he lacks character to boot.

Want to check out an up and coming RB? Check out Dominick Davis of the Texans. He's a ROOKIE and so far this year he's carried 87 times and has averaged 4.7 yards per carry - and he's doing this with the offensive line of the Houston Texans. If Carr were playing this week, I'd be predicting a major upset. But he's not.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #19
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Hambrick is the kind of guy that needs someone behind him pushing him for his job. Maybe this be that kind of situation. Hammy isn't that bad.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:50 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My lordy.. How could bill ruffle the feathers of his featured running back, troy hambrick.

Perfect situation in a lot of respects for a coach. Troy's not good enough to worry about him going anywhere and parcell can make a point to the rest of the team that no one can rest on their laurels.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 03:59 PM   #21
kingrex
Platinum Member

Will Murrell get more carries against this weekend, or has THamm done enought to keep Bill at bay?
Old 11-04-2003, 04:13 PM   #22
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I think they will split up the carries this weekend between both backs with T. Hambrick getting alittle more than A. Murrell, but I wouldn't feel to comfortable around Parcell's if I was T. Hambrick...

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:39 PM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hambrick can keep it coming with those 100 yard 2 TD games for my fantasy team... but damn, stop fumbling the ball!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #24
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
hambrick can keep it coming with those 100 yard 2 TD games for my fantasy team... but damn, stop fumbling the ball!
Hey big boy did you pick up Murrell as insurance for THamm?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

nah, cause i have other guys i would starty if hambrick sucks it up. they're better than murrell, but currently not performing well.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #26
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Hambrick is on a pace for 1,100 yards this season nicky. Come on hes not that bad hes just not an elite back. Just wait for the draft move Hambrick to fullback and we will be fine. Murrell is a huge spare, this is one more jedi mind trick from Bill Parcells to Troy Hambrick.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:07 PM   #27
kingrex
Platinum Member

After the Bills game, it looks like Murrell is being positioned as the #1 guy little by little.