Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #441
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
if you google image search for 'nerds', that photo is one of the results...

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
b-i-n-g-o

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #442
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
b-i-n-g-o
was his name-o?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #443
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Is it true that microsoft is planning to come out with a new and improved (slightly smaller?) xbox 360 with blu-ray capabilitilies? Heard this from a friend, and is hoping that there is some kind of truth in this in any form. Also, it was rumored that it'll be cheaper. Like somewhere below 300 bucks?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #444
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Microsoft has recently denied it, but there's still a lot of rumors around. It's only a matter of time until they at least release a BluRay addon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #445
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Is it true that microsoft is planning to come out with a new and improved (slightly smaller?) xbox 360 with blu-ray capabilitilies? Heard this from a friend, and is hoping that there is some kind of truth in this in any form. Also, it was rumored that it'll be cheaper. Like somewhere below 300 bucks?

i would think yes. Even though microsoft says no.

if they can shrink the chips inside the xbox, which will make it cheaper for them, them yes they would do so. Also, less heat dissipation and less electricity consumption

you better believe it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #446
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

got a ps3 yesterday. it is sweet. i put in 6 hours on gta4 already. that game is awesome.

is the lego star wars, the complete saga. really good? whats it like?

flaco? sike?

Last edited by MavsX; 06-13-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #447
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I love the lego games. They are just simple and fun and I love only having 3 buttons-- reminds me of the good old days of NES and SNES.

Lego Star wars rocks. So much fun.

Lego Indiana Jones Im playing now-- you play through the original 3 movies and its just a blast-- even funner when youve had a few glasses of wine. The drop-in/drop-out co-op system is great and means that when friends show up they can hop in and start playing but when someone needs to go or visit the restroom they can do it without messing anything up.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-13-2008 at 11:03 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #448
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Lego Star Wars is pretty fun. It gets pretty repetitive though since you only have a set amount of moves with a particular character.

You do get to play as different people though, ranging from Yoda to Chewbacca to R2.

My notes on the game:

- Trying to hoard little gold lego coins all to yourself makes you more greedy and in effect a worse human being in general.
- It sucks when you die and all your money pops out of you like a pinata.
- Probably the best game to play if you're bored and want to pass time.
- You can also fully customize your own little lego Jedi. Mine had a fro.
- In all honesty it'd probably take a few weeks to get through all the levels, but even longer if you want to get through all the missions at 100%...and who even knows what happens when you hit that goal...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #449
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

This looks really cool:

http://news.filefront.com/new-spoile...rce-unleashed/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #450
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Lego Star Wars rocks.

I've been hearing about the Force unleashed game for well over a year now... when is that ever going to come out?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #451
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my girl surprised with a new game for my wii.
She knew I was a fan of the show, so she got me.....

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

After beating it in under 3 hours, I can safley say this is the worst game ever made.
You solve 5 cases by pointing a clicking at different items on the screen, and that is IT!
And they couldn't even get the voice actors from the show, Phil Ken Seben without Steven Colbert's voice is just plain NOT FUNNY.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #452
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

I finally got and kept my pro status at Wii bowling
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #453
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNU
I finally got and kept my pro status at Wii bowling
why don't you upload a video of yourself on the wii fit on youtube.

do it.

also, i can't put grant theft auto 4 down (ps3)..

i haven't even opened metal gear solid 4, it's still in the wrapper!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #454
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that when I play my Wii Fit, I look the exact opposite of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWPxENqTSpA
Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #455
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I'm pretty sure that when I play my Wii Fit, I look the exact opposite of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWPxENqTSpA

she will be mine....oh yes...she will be mine.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #456
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

DIABLO 3

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53365

oh man, watch the gameplay videos. Gonna be nuts.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #457
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hooray for 65nm (Falcon Chips)!!! Will get myself a 360 once i get the funds to do so. Goodbye red rings of death!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #458
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I'm currently playing Lego Indiana Jones. I've done all the story, and will probably start doing Free Play after I go to Best Buy after the Rangers game and buy another set of rainbow cables... I shorted myself one set while packing for this new apartment.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #459
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
I'm currently playing Lego Indiana Jones. I've done all the story, and will probably start doing Free Play after I go to Best Buy after the Rangers game and buy another set of rainbow cables... I shorted myself one set while packing for this new apartment.
How is that game? I've been thinking of investing 50 more bucks in Nintendo lately anyway. Is it exactly the same as the Star Wars or did they at least make some things different?
Old 07-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #460
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I am really surprised at the lack of Mario Kart Wii love on this thread. Seriously one of the most fun games ever.. but I am not the type of person who plays games that you have to really get deep into to enjoy.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #461
MavsX
Diamond Member

so speaking of lego star wars or lego indiana jones. I was at a mall in dallas last weekend. (woodbridge or wood something)

and i happened to stop in game stop. I noticed a new game coming out...

LEGO BATMAN. It looks awesome, and i must have it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #462
fluid.forty.one

lego anything is pretty badass

they should make sports games
Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #463
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
How is that game? I've been thinking of investing 50 more bucks in Nintendo lately anyway. Is it exactly the same as the Star Wars or did they at least make some things different?
Haha, sorry I'm 12 days late in replying. It's basically the same. If you're really into Indy, or just want more of the same Lego videogameness, it's worth it, but otherwise, I'd probably pass.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #464
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Haha, sorry I'm 12 days late in replying. It's basically the same. If you're really into Indy, or just want more of the same Lego videogameness, it's worth it, but otherwise, I'd probably pass.
Well my wife bought this today anyway. She's a nut for anything Indiana Jones.

We played the first few stages tonight...it's pretty good. Yeah it's the same as Star Wars, but at least there are some new puzzles to figure out, and the characters do pretty funny things in the middle of a fight. If you use the whip just right, he grabs marion with it, pulls her over to him and kisses her, right in the middle of a fight.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #465
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought NCAA Football 09 this week and finally got around to playing it today.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #466
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Still playing Call of duty 4.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #467
MavsX
Diamond Member

i still have not opened metal gear solid 4 for PS3, i have only been playing GTA4..jesus the game is huge
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #468
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Played the demo for Too Human the other day....gotta say, it's pretty cool.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-25-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #469
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

C&C Red Alert2 on PC... yeah I know it's 12 years old, but you can't beat the gameplay, especially multiplayer... and yes they did have multiplayer games back in the mid 90s.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #470
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Demo for Madden. Good, but playing with the Giants suck. Shockey can't catch squat.

Rented Top Spin 3. I'll buy it when it's $30.

Demo for NASCAR 09. Not that great.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #471
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Finished Super Mario galaxy today-- its an amazing game and equally on par with Mario 64. I just wish there were as many secrets as 3 and World, but overall an excellent game for your Wii
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #472
fluid.forty.one

alright guys - i got enough money set aside for a badass video game setup. ps3 or xbox360? I have enough for a system and a few games. already have a wii..

Or I might buy a really nice camera I haven't decided. any input is appreciated
Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #473
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Halo is calling!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #474
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

[OLD MAN]

Save your money, you young whipper-snapper

[/OLD MAN]

Now that we got that out of the way, before you buy a new console, what kind of television would you be hooking up to this thing exactly?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #475
fluid.forty.one

right now i'm leaning towards ps3 with madden 09, gta4 and Call of Duty 4
Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #476
fluid.forty.one

flaco I wouldnt normally splurg on something like this but I'll only end up spending 1/8th of the money I came across.. I'm saving/investing the rest.

widescreen hd sony.. not too tall but still pretty nice.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #477
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Save yourself some cash and get a 360.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #478
fluid.forty.one

oh and I should add I am NOT a halo fan
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #479
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

As long as you've already got your high definitiongasm, and you're saving some money, I support you buying the ps3.

Does ps3 do 1080i?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #480
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Save yourself some cash and get a 360.
what's making me lean towards ps3 (the extra couple hundred isn't going to hurt) is gta4 (is that ps3 exclusive), the fact that I don't like halo and bluray.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here