Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Odom (like many addicts) was probably good at hiding it under lies. The Lakers may not have even known-- perhaps they just thought he made too many excuses. We had no history with him, so we were way more likely to believe his bullshit. Plus, Cuban is optimistic to a fault. He thinks Dirk/Carlisle and himself can fix any personality conflict, but this one was bigger than him.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled to move this thread to the NBA section. I just didn't want to post a new thread for a DUI when we already had such a robust Odom-trainwreck thing going on here.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Odom (like many addicts) was probably good at hiding it under lies. The Lakers may not have even known-- perhaps they just thought he made too many excuses. We had no history with him, so we were way more likely to believe his bullshit. Plus, Cuban is optimistic to a fault. He thinks Dirk/Carlisle and himself can fix any personality conflict, but this one was bigger than him.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled to move this thread to the NBA section. I just didn't want to post a new thread for a DUI when we already had such a robust Odom-trainwreck thing going on here.
The Lakers knew. They just dumped the reigning sixth man?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
The Lakers knew. They just dumped the reigning sixth man?
Absolutely they knew.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I'd be thrilled to move you to a different forum..but I suppose that isn't going to happen.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'd be thrilled to move you to a different forum..but I suppose that isn't going to happen.
People are free to dislike other posters, but I can't see the necessity of this post. If it serves no purpose to the thread in any way shape or form then why do it? Just send her a PM so that the rest of us don't have to read it.

And yeah, the loooong August/September NBA basketball blues can get the best of us.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
People are free to dislike other posters, but I can't see the necessity of this post. If it serves no purpose to the thread in any way shape or form then why do it? Just send her a PM so that the rest of us don't have to read it.

And yeah, the loooong August/September NBA basketball blues can get the best of us.

Well yea, what with the economy and all!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

You'll get over it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag