Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Platinum Level?

My uncle just found someone who was giving away tickets and he got two for me on Saturday night v. the Jazzy Jeffs. They are on the Platinum level. I've never been to a Mav's game before, and all I saw online were rows and numbers. What is the platinum level? I'm going to go regardless, but are these any good?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I'm concerened, they are the best. You get full access to the platinum level which has bars, lots of good stuff to eat, a big lounge area, and nicer bathrooms.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

It all appears very snooty and well to-do. My main question is: is there a good view of the game, or is everyone there more concerned about the "blow and boob job" (did I get that right?) crowd socializing aspect? My friend and I are planning on painting ourselves up, buying as much cheap beer as they will let us, and showing the people on this level how you are supposed to enjoy a Mav's game. I have many years of pent up cheering and standing up just waiting to burst out.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
It all appears very snooty and well to-do. My main question is: is there a good view of the game, or is everyone there more concerned about the "blow and boob job" (did I get that right?) crowd socializing aspect? My friend and I are planning on painting ourselves up, buying as much cheap beer as they will let us, and showing the people on this level how you are supposed to enjoy a Mav's game. I have many years of pent up cheering and standing up just waiting to burst out.
Hmmm. I feel like I'm partially to blame for this line of thinking.....must correct this.

There is absolutely nothing, anywhere in the arena preventing you from getting a good view of the game and enjoying yourself. Some of the people around you may be snooty, but there will still be plenty of fans around enjoying the game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-05-2007 at 10:26 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

haha.

Make us proud.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Hmmm. I feel like I'm partially to blame for this line of thinking.....must correct this.

There is absolutely nothing, anywhere in the arena preventing you from getting a good view of the game and enjoying yourself. Some of the people around you may be snooty, but there will still be plenty of fans around enjoying the game.

I wasn't thinking the whole arena was like this, just wasn't sure about the "platinum level" with its supposed world class dining and business meeting areas and whatnot. Apparently they have someone there who can detail your car while you are in the game!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't thinking the whole arena was like this, just wasn't sure about the "platinum level" with its supposed world class dining and business meeting areas and whatnot. Apparently they have someone there who can detail your car while you are in the game!
The "Platinum Level" accounts for a very large majority of the quality seats in the arena. It's not like a small, snooty subsection.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess this tells us everything we need to know about Mary.

Rich bitch!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The "Platinum Level" accounts for a very large majority of the quality seats in the arena. It's not like a small, snooty subsection.
Ah ok, good to know. "Small, snooty subsection" was the impression I had gotten from researching it online.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Well I guess this tells us everything we need to know about Mary.

Rich bitch!

No, but I'd glady settle for "upper middle-class bitch".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 12-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We don't want to start the "where do the REAL fans sit?" argument again, but:

In MY OPINION, the platinum section is definitely the "snootiest" portion of the arena. People spend a lot of time in the bars, and not in their seats. But hey, the bars are really nice if you brought some dough with you. I only have the occasion to sit there every once in a while, but I have seen game winning goals in over time at Stars games that didn't prompt the least bit of excitement from the fake boob crowd in the platinum level. People around here bash the lower bowl, but their apathy pales in comparison to their platinum club brothers.

All that being said, it's a fantastic place to watch a game. I really enjoy that distance from the court/ice.

Oh and one time I saw Brett Hull sitting at a bar up there and went over and said hi to him and had a beer. This was before he was employed by the Stars.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Consider it done!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-05-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

approved.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like someone needs to put their new user title under their avatar.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

ha...just to clarify guys, i'd settle for being an upper middle-class bitch.

So far I've only earned 1/2 of that title.

Last edited by mary; 12-05-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yeah ya have!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ha...just to clarify guys, i'd settle for being an upper middle-class bitch.

So far I've only earned 1/2 of that title.
Keep working hard, you can earn the bitch title too, if you argue with Dan long enough...................LOL

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Keep working hard, you can earn the bitch title too, if you argue with Dan long enough...................LOL
I usually let Dan be the bitch.

Hmmm...no...that doesn't quite work.

Last edited by mary; 12-06-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I usually let Dan be the bitch.

That's understandable.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I just saw your PM Dalm... I see we have jokes...
Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Ok, I'm bumping my own thread here with a new question.

I was able to procure tickets for the game tonight in section 211, row "E+30"

I know this is the Platinum Level (I have mixed feelings about that) but what does the E+30 mean?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

FWIW,I agree with Flaco's assessment of the Platinum level. Been up there many times, and your fun can really be stifled depending on who you end up beside. If you want to have a rowdy time, or just carefree and more fun, do yourself a favor and call the box office and exchange your tix for something equivalently priced in the lower bowl. They do it all the time - doesnt matter how you got your tickets.

Ive never seen E+30. Are these the smaller sized, printer-looking printed tix? They all list the same "+30"?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

David, looks like your +30 means youve got $30 credit to use for food and beverage and maybe platinum parking (????). Id call and verify... Id ask for Brian at AAC box office, if hes available when you call.

And have a great night!!!

Last edited by Smiles; 02-16-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #24
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I dig the Platinum level.. great views and wider seats. I don't worry about other people. I do what I do where I do it.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I do what I do where I do it.
...and especially when you wanna do it, right playa?

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-16-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote