Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default On a somewhat serious note

First let me say that I am not making excuses, I understand that I am the way I am because of me.

I have been depressed for about 2 and a half years now, 1 serious thing happened, for me where obsession took me over and I did things that could be considered border line stalkerish. Anyways I got depressed and attempted suicide by Oding I stayed at Mesa Vista (has an in and out patient thing for people that attempted suicide and od'd and stuff, I had to stay in the in patient one for 3 weeks and out patient one for 10 days) I got a doctor there and was forced to take 2 depression pills 1 is Celexa forget the other one. I am still forced to take Celexa and for the most part do. 1 thing I hate is how emotionally attached I am to my sport teams and how I feel after a loss. I have no friends in my area cause I am scared to be social after what happened, then I switched schools, and I basically sit alone in corner, or did till I recently graduated.

I come here to try to have fun and have something to do I guess, I am a loser I got that. What I did with all the threads was completley immature on my part and I would like to apologize, I was trying to kill time and did it in an immature manner

I also go to a non sports site daily (spend most my time there) it is called experienceproject.com. It really is a site that can be for anyone but it is a support site more than anything. The sad thing is there really are pedophiles on there that try to harass and hurt others. Anyways I have gotten some friends on there, I also have a girlfriend that is very similar to me and we have same issues and we talk on the phone (but she has much worse parents, her dad molested her in past =/, and she has to work like a maid for them both) anyways we are both saving up money, so she can move out to San Diego (she lives in Jacksonville)

Thats me I guess

My name is Philip FWIW
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Philip, we are on opposites ends of the life spectrum, you at 18, me at 60. I can really only give you one peace of advice, and that is to seek God. He (and his son) are the only ones that can truly help you.

I have had problems in my life: financial ones, loss of my spouse, loss of my dad, and so many during my working career that they are to numerous to count. But there is only one reason I made it through all that and that is my faith. I will not sit here and preach but try going to the Lords house and put your problems on him.

Heck, I was a Cardinal football fan my whole life, and even they finally made it to a superbowl!

Just know that you will be in many peoples prayers on this board. Good luck Philip, you have friends here who will help you in any way we can.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Thank you
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

All Mavs fans are depressed.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

I figured I would respond to this because I've depressed before. Twelve years ago today my dad died. I was only 11 years old at the time. Anyway, after he died, I became depressed and developed an anger problem. I had to see therapists and luckily I was never put on medication. I'm STRONGLY against medication for those who are depressed because I believe it makes the situation worse. ( My opinion based on someone I know who has been on medication for depression.) Anyhow, one day I realized that I was wasting my time being pissed and depressed about everything. I thought going to therapy was stupid and to this day I still feel all therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists etc are absolute morons. Again, that's just my opinion.
Here is my advice to you. YOU control your life and how you live it. No situation, no experience, should force you to be bummed out all the time. Don't let whatever has happened to you control your emotions. I obviously don't know your situation but to be frank, it's ridiculous to let whatever it is allow you to be depressed. Changing how you feel isn't going to happen overnight because it's definitely something you have to work on.
I'm not trying to be mean, but all this is coming from someone who has been depressed, angry and suicidal and I think that being completely blunt could possibly be the only way to open your eyes.

I hope all goes well with you and that you'll be able to get past and move on from whatever it is that is making you feel this way. Only you can change it.

Last edited by AngieO41; 01-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

I have to see a therapist too
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

thank you
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

It takes balls to open up online, even if it ultimately is a group of strangers. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. You have to realize that everyone has his struggles, it's how you react that defines you. Do not give up on life. It sucks sometimes, but it all ultimately works out eventually, and it is worth it. As strange as it still sounds (it is 2011) lots of people still care about you that don't know you in real life; heck, I hardly know you and I'd be very sad if I heard something happened to you.

All the ribbing about you making the game day threads is just in good fun, I'm sure. So have fun here, we've already have a loss on the board. We don't need another one.

Have fun and enjoy our Mavs!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

therapists, they aren't going to help with anything except lighten your wallet.

Last edited by mary; 01-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Life isn't easy. I've gone through some rough times of late with my bestfriend/brother dying a couple of years back and then my father dying last month. Getting older can definitely suck at times. I must say that it does take some balls to open up in such a manner as you did.

I know a few people that have committed suicide and a few that attempted. I've got to say that those that have attempted suicide and failed somehow usually find a way to get to a very happy spot in their lives. I believe that you'll find it. If you take a tremendous amount of joy from posting on this site, then by all means, post 40,000 times if that's what it takes to get you through a rough patch. And if you want to make a game day thread, please do it. No one has possession over the right to make the GDThreads.

Good luck finding peace in your life. You are young... if you're anything like I was when I was your age, girls will drive you crazy.. either that or they'll spend all of your money. Do yourself a favor and listen to left texas. He's a smart guy.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Life isn't easy. I've gone through some rough times of late with my bestfriend/brother dying a couple of years back and then my father dying last month. Getting older can definitely suck at times. I must say that it does take some balls to open up in such a manner as you did.

I know a few people that have committed suicide and a few that attempted. I've got to say that those that have attempted suicide and failed somehow usually find a way to get to a very happy spot in their lives. I believe that you'll find it. If you take a tremendous amount of joy from posting on this site, then by all means, post 40,000 times if that's what it takes to get you through a rough patch. And if you want to make a game day thread, please do it. No one has possession over the right to make the GDThreads.

Good luck finding peace in your life. You are young... if you're anything like I was when I was your age, girls will drive you crazy.. either that or they'll spend all of your money. Do yourself a favor and listen to left texas. He's a smart guy.
murph is a little biased since, you know, he's a nun and all.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Kudos for utilizing this site to deal through life issues...even if sometimes, others don't get it.

I've gone through and still battle through my own issues...heck, I'm 42!!! I've gone through counseling, addiction groups and dealing with many things both with and without faith.

Everyone around here are like Cyber Family...one big happy dysfunction Mavs family!!!

Best wishes to you and to all of the Mavs Family...as far as I'm concerned nobody on this board is a LOSER...I really mean that. Now some of us might be a bit wacked in the head, but as I used to say in High-School...back in the 80's, "Insanity is Beautiful, look at me :-)"

In my mind, I'm the only sane one around...but then again, when I look around I only see a bunch of Trees ;-)

Best wishes on liven life one day at a time!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #13
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Bernardos70
Quote:
It takes balls to open up online, even if it ultimately is a group of strangers.
you have that mixed up.

its ez online and harder in person.

watch this: me and my cousin touched wieners.

see, its easy online. i would have much more difficulty making that statement in person.

to the o.p.
just take it ez man. nothing is permanent. you just never know what cards life is going to deal you. it will not be the ones you expect more often than not.

Quote:
I come here to try to have fun and have something to do I guess, I am a loser I got that. What I did with all the threads was completley immature on my part and I would like to apologize, I was trying to kill time and did it in an immature manner
dont sweat it man. if you were an asshole in some thread or something, blow it off.

i cant speak for everyone else, but you could tell me to go get fucked and i would have no problem being your buddy 10 minutes later.

i can tell by reading some of your posts that you know a lot more about basketball than i do. i bet every single person here does.

take it ez bro, your a smart dude bball wise. i got your 6.