Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baylor's Jeremy Wariner Dashes to 400 Gold

Oh hell yeah!

Wariner shot through the field in 44 seconds flat to win the 400 gold. This kid has an amazing future ahead of him. 400 Sprinters don't usually peak for a coupole of years out of college. This guy could make a serious run at former Baylor 400 sprinter Michael Johnson's world record soon.

It just solidifies Baylor's reputation as Quartermiler U.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
mavsfan7

mavsfan7 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Baylor's Jeremy Wariner Dashes to 400 Gold

I know him. I went to school with him from elementary through high school. I even had a chance to date him but he was trying to hook me up with his friend even though he really liked me. Damn I was stupid. hes a great guy Really nice Everyone at Lamar High School thought he would be something special and he is. Congrats to him.
mavsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM   #3
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Baylor's Jeremy Wariner Dashes to 400 Gold

that was pretty awesome. and the us sweep was great, too!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

That boy was smooth--ran a pretty race, although he needs to drop his Vanilla Ice impersonation and go in for a total bling makeover.

North Texas has put out a couple of pretty fair quarter milers in the last 15 years, huh.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 AM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfan7
I know him. I went to school with him from elementary through high school. I even had a chance to date him but he was trying to hook me up with his friend even though he really liked me. Damn I was stupid. hes a great guy Really nice Everyone at Lamar High School thought he would be something special and he is. Congrats to him.
Mavsfan7,

Do I know you? I teach at Lamar. I never had the chance to meet Jeremy though I have heard much about him. At our faculty lunch the Friday before school started, we donated over $1100 for Coach Nelson (Jeremy's high school track coach) so he could go to Greece and watch Jeremy run. From what I understand, Jeremy had high hopes of being a football star when he was in 9th grade. Coach Nelson saw him running one day and encouraged him to go out for track. He wasn't interested, but with a little persuasion, he decided to give it a shot. Now he is a gold medalist! Pretty cool stuff.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Jeremy wanted to play football here, but when the old coaching staff failed to offer him a scholarship, he went right to Clyde Hart and the world class track program. Thank goodness for that. It's probably the only decision that the former coaching staff made that actually worked.

Also, it was great to see Michael run down from the BBC booth and hug Jeremy. I know both are tremendously excited. I can't wait until he returns to campus.

Sic' em Bears.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

The Bad Ass Bear.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #8
mavsfan7

mavsfan7 is on a distinguished road

Mavsfan7,

Do I know you? I teach at Lamar. I never had the chance to meet Jeremy though I have heard much about him. At our faculty lunch the Friday before school started, we donated over $1100 for Coach Nelson (Jeremy's high school track coach) so he could go to Greece and watch Jeremy run. From what I understand, Jeremy had high hopes of being a baseball star when he was in 9th grade. Coach Nelson saw him running one day and encouraged him to go out for track. He wasn't interested, but with a little persuasion, he decided to give it a shot. Now he is a gold medalist! Pretty cool stuff.

Reafformvp,

Im not sure. What did you teach, what grade and what was your last name. I graduated the same year as Jeremy in 2002. Knew him pretty well during elementary, junior high and the early years of high school. Let me know. Thanks
mavsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

good to see a hometown boy make good........even if he's a viking.

Kick 'em Colts
Old 08-25-2004, 09:11 AM   #10
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
What did you teach, what grade and what was your last name. I graduated the same year as Jeremy in 2002. Knew him pretty well during elementary, junior high and the early years of high school. Let me know. Thanks
I teach sophomore English. My first year at Lamar was 2001, so we probably didn't ever meet.

Capitalcity, I am assuming you graduated from Arlington. I did too! What year did you graduate? I graduated in 91.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Arlington High School Football
1997: 2-8, (1-5) 1998: 2-8, (2-5) 1999: 2-8, (2-5)

10/23/98 @ Maverick Stadium
Arlington 48 Martin 28

we never did beat the vikings, but we never really cared.

Raef - I could throw out some names of the class of 91 but it would be mostly older siblings of kids i ran with.
Arlington High has changed a lot since i was there. How do you like Lamar? and what is it - English or Pre-AP English?