Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-15-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

selfish bastards..

Baseball players are trying to quietly determine when a strike could be done to force owners into new negotiations. It is believed that the players are willing to strike before the World Series again. If they do it will be the end of my baseball watching days. I will never buy a ticket, a shirt, or anything related to baseball. Those dicks make more money than most all of us here combined to play a game and they bitch that 5 million a year is not fair? They can all kiss my ass. It's a shame that these guys just don't get it. Baseball belongs to the fans and yet it is the fans that get screwed over every year by the greed of players and owners. Sad indeed.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully setting the strike date is simply to push the owners into negotiations and nothing more
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 03:58 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The NFL and NBA are far superior to MLB >because< their labor problems have been solved.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I have followed the Rangers since the announcement was made in 1971 that the Senators were coming to Texas. I will cease being a baseball fan if the players strike. The can suck it.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:06 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

One more baseball strike and there will be LOTS of fans that just say "screw this"- I wont watch anymore. that is garbage. I usually dont stick up for the owners in sports business, but i am here. Basketball can have a cap- football can have a cap, why the Hell cant baseball have a cap????
Old 05-15-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

because the players union would never go for it..
the owners screwed them over for years and now the players union has the upperhand... no reason for them to agree to a salary cap...

in basketball and football..the owners could offer something the players wanted.. whether it was free agency or arbitration.

baseball owners have nothing to offer the players... so why should the players agree to a salary cap?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

because the players union would never go for it..

Then Fuck the players union. They think nothing of the fan that has paid their salary for years. They can suck it.