Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

yet another monster homer....

Bonds
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good, i can't stand mcgwire
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 01:54 AM   #3
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

I still like Big Mac ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:45 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

never could stomach McGwire
Old 05-26-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Sherrod's Column

<< With Jose Canseco threatening to &quot;out&quot; baseballers' use of steroids and other stimulants and additives, with all the rumors of artificially bulked-up power hitters, sooner or later some highdome may connect that widespread consumption with the ever-increasing injury list in the big leagues. Does the so-called doping, however legal it may be under union contracts, make muscles too taut, too easily pulled off-kilter? There's little doubt that today's jocks are stronger than the oldtimers, but are they heartier? ... As for the inevitable comparison of Barry Bonds' 73 home runs last year and Babe Ruth 's 60 in 1927, consider this: When Ruth hit his 60, only Yankee teammate Lou Gehrig with 47, was anywhere in the neighborhood. Next came Hack Wilson and Cy Williams, both with 30. Last season, when Bonds built his new record, 40 hitters had 30 or more homers. ... Whether it's a juiced ball, juiced muscles, shorter fences, whatever, it is a far different game from Ruth's day. And the records should go on a different page, or wear the ever-popular asterisk. >>

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 10:51 PM   #6
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

He's a good dad that's one of the reason I like him ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:14 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

NEETS- that is a good point. Hadn't thought about that.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:30 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, i know the homer is more prolific now.. however, ruth's record woudldn't have lasted 15-20 years if not for teams moving their fences back shortly after ruth's record
Old 05-27-2002, 06:38 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

word, murph.

everybody wants to talk about juice. juiced bats, juiced balls, juiced dudes. and some of the players are using, obviously.

but - Yankee Stadium used to be like 460 out in center field, right? The parks were for the most part a lot larger than they are now. Hell, give me an aluminum bat and I could put one out of Enron.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:40 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Rhylan - I am pretty sure you could jack one with a wood bat down the lines at Enron. I saw some Baylor guys do it that have zero pop.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:43 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Ok, now think about Enron field and take off 20 feet in right field..

now you have yankee stadium when ruth was playing
Old 05-27-2002, 06:45 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Sheesh...I could crank those out consistently and I am no slugger by any means. But I do take the softballs downtown on a regular basis!
Old 05-27-2002, 06:55 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

when i was 13, i was playing on a home field with deeper dimensions to right field than Ruth played in at yankee stadium...
hmmm
Old 05-27-2002, 06:56 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

I wonder what the dimensions of his field wree in left and center and what percentage of his shots went yard to the other walls. And what the average major league ballpark fences were in those days. Would be interesting.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

i'll see what i can find