Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-08-2002, 12:57 PM   #41
MavsRich

MavsRich is on a distinguished road

Isn't it pretty obvious, he doesn't have a point.
MavsRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #42
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The only teams with fewer passing touchdowns than the Cowboys:

St. Louis - with a record of 0-5
Cincinatti - with a record of 0-5
San Francisco - hmmmm...
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:15 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

6.2 yards per completion. Most of those yards were after the catch, so that stat is misleading. Carter throws an inordinate number of dump passes.

MavsRich- you are entering into territory you do not want to enter....I suggest you shut the pie hole.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

And the original "Point" was that he throws a lot of passes within three yards of the line of scrimmage (on either side). That point and FACT was not disputed by that stat.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:51 PM   #45
MavsRich

"Shut the pie hole" Am I suppose to be scared or intimidated by you?
Old 10-08-2002, 09:54 PM   #46
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Aren't most of the passes supposed to be short in this so called West coast Offense? I think the RAC will increase the more time they are in this system. the timing will get better, and Quincy will start to put the ball in front of the recievers more often. Right now it seems he is trying really hard not to make the mistakes or get picked. All his short passes seem low and right to the receiver , therefore a less chance of being picked. In time he will improve on this.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:24 AM   #47
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

guys cool it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 08:16 AM   #48
Drbio
Banned

If someone is just shooting off their mouth just to shoot it off...well...eff 'em. If there is some kind of intelligent response to back up an assertion of there not being a point that is one thing, but their clearly was no intelligence there. The original point was made and substantiated with facts but since someone has a hardon for Carter their feelings got hurt.

Old 10-09-2002, 08:19 AM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Just211- actually, you make a valid point there. Short passes are a huge part of that scheme. However..the west coast offense uses those passes to open up the intermediate and deep routes by pulling up the DB's. Carter hasn't yet shown the ability to throw intermediate and deep routes consistently...(my opinion-at all). Carter throws a lot of -3 to +3 yard passes and the backs or receivers make a lot of yards after the catch. If it works and they win as a result...excellent. Unfortunately, the Cownboys are being exposed at this point. I think Carter will start going deeper downfield this week as a result. I just hope he connects. Anyway....your point was a good one.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #50
MavsRich

Someone has a hardon for Carter? Dude, grow up.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:13 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Someone has a hardon for Carter? Dude, grow up. >>

What? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 01:48 PM   #52
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< Someone has a hardon for Carter? Dude, grow up. >>

mavsrich, cool it. and turn on your private messages.

click profile and then click the on button for allow private messages.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #53
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Just211- actually, you make a valid point there. Short passes are a huge part of that scheme. However..the west coast offense uses those passes to open up the intermediate and deep routes by pulling up the DB's. Carter hasn't yet shown the ability to throw intermediate and deep routes consistently...(my opinion-at all). Carter throws a lot of -3 to +3 yard passes and the backs or receivers make a lot of yards after the catch. If it works and they win as a result...excellent. Unfortunately, the Cownboys are being exposed at this point. I think Carter will start going deeper downfield this week as a result. I just hope he connects. Anyway....your point was a good one. >>

Another aspect of the west coast offense is catching the ball on the run. Which, while I give Quincy all the credit and patience in the world, he has not shown an ability to hit the receiver on the run.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 PM   #54
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< Just211- actually, you make a valid point there. Short passes are a huge part of that scheme. However..the west coast offense uses those passes to open up the intermediate and deep routes by pulling up the DB's. Carter hasn't yet shown the ability to throw intermediate and deep routes consistently...(my opinion-at all). Carter throws a lot of -3 to +3 yard passes and the backs or receivers make a lot of yards after the catch. If it works and they win as a result...excellent. Unfortunately, the Cownboys are being exposed at this point. I think Carter will start going deeper downfield this week as a result. I just hope he connects. Anyway....your point was a good one. >>

Another aspect of the west coast offense is catching the ball on the run. Which, while I give Quincy all the credit and patience in the world, he has not shown an ability to hit the receiver on the run.
>>

Actually he has shown he can but he hasnt done in consistently. Matter of fact one comes to mind when he through to Galloway in covereage and got it straight to Galloway befor ehe got out of bounce. Ill admit I want to see quincy succeed maybe thas why I am a apologist but I think alot of us get out of hand like when eh throws the ball in to converage and it goes striaght to the player. Well it suppose too. Im jus saying I think we all need to get into the habit of every time Quincy makes a good play we need to give him his props tho he is a young qb but all I ask is when people show Quincys flaws show his signs of bein a good qb not one without the other.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:49 AM   #55
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Cowboys vs. Giants....Gameday comments

good stuff