Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Survivor Fantasy Football thread.. Week 1

Here's the rules. Pick one team to win in the NFL during week 1. Pick only 1. Make your pick before the start of the second game this week. If the team you pick wins, you move on. If they don't, you're eliminated. You can pick the same team more than once. However, if there are multpile people left standing at the end of the season, you will not be allowed to pick the same team repeatedly in the playoffs. However, I don't think that will be a problem.

Anyways, if you have any questions, please ask. Lose once, and you're gone.

Please let me repeat myself..make your picks before the second game. The Tennessee and Pittsburgh game is off limits. Sorry, but I came up with the idea to start this too late. I thought I'd give everyone more than just a day to come up with their pick or a day to see this thread.

So, make your picks.. Again, the Pittsburgh vs Tennessee game is off limits.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas beats Tampa.

So Dallas.

Did I do that right?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Week 1, Flaco says....Saints win.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle beats St. Louis
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

NE wins against Buffalo
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

New Orleans beats Detroit

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary...
Ravens beat the Chiefs into crappy smores.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Minnesota beats Cleveland

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't this be harder if you couldn't pick the same team? You actually have to loook at the schedule as a whole and pick teams each week.

We technically could just pick the team with the highest spread each week and come out on top most of the time. Last year we could've picked anyone who played Detroit laff.

They also have this survivor league for free on Yahoo.

That being said I pick the Saints over the Lions.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'll take the Giants in week 1...

By the way, you stated that you can pick a team on multiple occasions...how often can you pick them again? In another league I've played, we are only allowed to pick the same team twice throughout the year.

Usually by week 8 we are down to the last known survivor.

Anybody want to start a thread for the reversal of this game...picking the loser of each week?

Again, for 92bDad Week 1 = Giants winning.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go with the Saints. More specifically, I'll go against the Lions.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 09-10-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

New England.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

ill take new england.

As for the lions thing, obviously they are going to lose but its still pretty scary to pick against the most physically gifted athlete in nfl history against a god awful secondary in a survivor pool.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
As for the lions thing, obviously they are going to lose but its still pretty scary to pick against the most physically gifted athlete in nfl history against a god awful secondary in a survivor pool.
It's not so scary when you consider that his QB is playing his first NFL game ever...

Old 09-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as for the lions thing, obviously they are going to lose but its still pretty scary to pick against the most physically gifted athlete in nfl history against a god awful secondary in a survivor pool.
Ummm....who?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Ummm....who?
Megatron is a freak - easily the best WR in the league (too bad he's stuck in Detroit!)

Last edited by Underdog; 09-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Suddenly it dawns on me...is Calvin Johnson who you guys mean when you say megatron? I think I've only seen the Lions play on Thanksgiving the last few years and I don't remember being impressed. It is too bad he's stuck in detroit if he's so great.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Suddenly it dawns on me...is Calvin Johnson who you guys mean when you say megatron? I think I've only seen the Lions play on Thanksgiving the last few years and I don't remember being impressed. It is too bad he's stuck in detroit if he's so great.
"The Catch"

Last edited by Underdog; 09-10-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's not so scary when you consider that his QB is playing his first NFL game ever...
it is when you realize the saints are starting mike bell at rb and dont have a backup since thomas and bush are hurt...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Megatron is a freak - easily the best WR in the league (too bad he's stuck in Detroit!)
andre johnson, larry fitzgerald and randy moss might argue with that but physically no one is close. Flaco yes hes megatron, he weighed in at 6-5 235, ran a 4.35 with an UNMEASURABLE vert because he touched above the top stick(it woulda been 45 if he just touched the top stick) at the combine before his rookie season. Hes everybit the physical anomaly lebron is.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All he did was go for 1300+ yards and 12 TDs on one of the worst teams ever, where he was pretty much the only player on the Lions that teams had to worry about. And he did that with some of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL. He's good. Very, very good.

I wish he was the receiver that we traded a 1st, 3rd, and a 6th to the Lions for.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Give me San Diego in week 1.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
it is when you realize the saints are starting mike bell at rb and dont have a backup since thomas and bush are hurt...
Two things:

1) Drew Brees

2) Detroit Lions

Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
andre johnson, larry fitzgerald and randy moss might argue with that but physically no one is close.
Yeah, I misspoke - I meant he's the most athletic WR...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #25
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

My Matt Stafford pants are going crazy with all this talk!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #26
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

San Diego for me.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

New England
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #28
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

New Orleans.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

so we can pick a team more than once over the course of the season....?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
so we can pick a team more than once over the course of the season....?
Yes.. unless there are multiple people left come playoff time.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 - New England
GRBH - New Orleans
Oz Mavs - San Diego
U2 - San Diego
5-0 - New England
Dirkadirkastan - Saints
Thig - New England
92 bdad - Giants
Fintastic - Dallas
Flaco - Saints
Left Texas - Seattle
Fluid - New England
Underdog - New Orleans
DirkFTW - Ravens
12Tone - Minnesota
Nikeball - Saints
Chum - New England
BGM - Saints

New England - Chum, Fluid, Murph, Thig, 5-0
Saints - BGM, Nikeball, Underdog, Flaco, Dirkadirkastan, GRBH
Minnesota - 12 Tone
Baltimore - DirkFTW
Seattle - Left Texas
Dallas - Fintastic
Giants - 92bdad
San Diego - U2, OzMavs

..anyone missed? Keep the entries coming.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-13-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Wouldn't this be harder if you couldn't pick the same team? You actually have to loook at the schedule as a whole and pick teams each week.

We technically could just pick the team with the highest spread each week and come out on top most of the time. Last year we could've picked anyone who played Detroit laff.

They also have this survivor league for free on Yahoo.

That being said I pick the Saints over the Lions.
That's the point.. You'd come out on top most of the time. But, this is a miss once and you're out. So, you've got to be perfect. What are the odds of anyone being perfect? How many perfect teams in the modern history of the NFL? How many winless teams? Three total? So, you not only have to find that perfect or completely imperfect team and ride them the entire way until the playoffs where you could then only pick that team 1 time.

So yeah, this might seem easy... but it always works itself out. If you had 100 people in this league, I'd be surprised if more than one or two came out perfect.

Oh yeah, we did the survivor league here in the lounge so that we could have more of the friendly posts that go along with fantasy football.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take New Orleans
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take the Pats at home on Monday night.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like five of us are going home in week freakin' ONE...with the freakin' PATRIOTS!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

No one saw this coming. The Buffalo offense on that last drive...and the stupid NE penalties...unbelievable.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #37
BGMaverick9
Guru

Shame on you for doubting Brady
and the MNF woes of the Bills
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Unbelievable.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #39
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Can a team request no MNF games in their schedule? If so, someone in the Bills organization needs to get on that immediately.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

ill take the colts in week 2.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here, it's a trap!, overfluff