Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Funny, because that Barea thread was in response to what people were talking about in another thread altogether - it's the perfect example of a needless thread.

Not only that, but it was a confusing thread title since all the other "appreciation" threads going up were for recently-traded players - that's why there's about a dozen posts in that thread where people thought Barea was being traded.

And really - why the hell were we talking about JJB in the middle of giant trade that had nothing to do with him? Oh, I know - because the original poster wanted to create a "look at me" moment to declare his love for a player who has become completely irrelevant on this squad...

Yeah, thanks for wasting my time.
No doubt, I definitely see your point, and I don't necessarily disagree. But I mean, it's a discussion board.. for discussion. I guess my opinion is kind of - what's it matter if a new thread is started about something that just happened to be mentioned in another? I mean, nobody HAS to reply to a/the thread, and if nobody replies, then it dies. But replying to the thread just to "rate" its worthiness (or whatever) is counterproductive and gives the aura of internet-police/clique type deal. If a dozen people didn't reply stating things like "this thread should be deleted", then the thread would VERY quickly die on its own.. quicker than having everybody comment on thread's worthiness and teaming up to call for its deletion.

I think the problem here with new threads being created where such and such has already been discussed in X thread, is that X thread is usually 15 pages long. So, unless somebody comes on and spends half a day reading EVERY thread here FIRST, then the new thread is likely to be redundant to something that happened to be discussed in X thread. And, like the OP said, unless you have no life you just don't have the time to come here and spend half a day reading EVERY long thread just to ensure you won't be creating a potentially redundant thread.

Tags
124characterlimit, because older = better?, got a bit fluffy in here, igetpaidtowritetags, ineedlargerfonttoo, look at me im important, officialtagssectionhere!, oldtag vs newtag, spamaholics, theproblemhere-->, threaderrhea, twitter/dallas-mavs.com