Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

View Poll Results: Will Barkley be elected ?
Yes 3 75.00%
No 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barkley running for AL Governor

(CNN) -- Former NBA star and TNT sports analyst Charles Barkley attended the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday and answered five questions for CNN.com at the CNN Grill.
Former NBA star Charles Barkley says the next president must deal with poverty and the war in Iraq.

Former NBA star Charles Barkley says the next president must deal with poverty and the war in Iraq.

CNN.com: Why are you here in Denver?

Barkley: I just wanted to be here. I'm just so excited. I never thought in my lifetime we'd have a black man with a legitimate shot of being president.

CNN.com: Are you a Barack Obama supporter?

Barkley: Barack has been a friend of mine for a long time. I met him when I was writing my last book, and he was running for Senate, and I got to know him, and we stayed in contact. I consider him a friend. I think he'd make a fantastic president. I want to make it clear that if I didn't think he could do the job, I wouldn't vote for him. I think he'd make a fantastic president. And I'm not voting for him because he's black. I think he's a great person.

CNN.com: What do you think the Democrats need to do here to win the White House?

Barkley: I think they've got to just make sure to get those troops home from Iraq, that's a big deal. But No. 1, we've got to give poor people a chance. America is divided by economics, and we as Americans, we've got to do a better job of supporting poor people.

CNN.com: How?

Barkley: We've got to improve the public school system. If you're born in this country poor, whether you're white or black, you're going to be born in a bad neighborhood; you're going to go to a bad school. It's going to be very difficult for poor people to be successful. iReport.com: Are you at the DNC? Share sights, sounds

CNN.com: What are you doing in Denver for fun?

Barkley: I'm going to the Hill Harper party tonight. Last night we just went out and had a real nice meal and just took it easy because I knew today was going to be a long day. I just want to be here. Plain and simple.

CNN.com: Are you running for governor in Alabama?

Barkley: I'm planning on running for governor. I can't screw up Alabama. Politics, it's just so important, and I just want to do good things with my name, and I'm just going to keep continuing to do that
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

If he actually goes through with it, quite probably...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Who knows...he's quite opinionated and would make for a great Message Board Poster...

But when it comes to actualy doing the job of a politician, I believe he is a bit Naive and would become overwhelmed.

I believe he would be a person who makes Kneejerk decisions to make himself appear to be leading and that he has some pre-judged opinions on how things should be with no concept of consequences for the long-term success of an overall society.

I would NOT vote for him, although I would enjoy the entertainment value of his opinionated speeches.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

He told a story once about he and Michael Jordan out somewhere when they were younger..

A bum on the street asked them for some money. Chuck gave him $100. MJ says, "Why'd you do that? If you can say 'Got any spare change?' you can say, 'Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?'"

So, between that and gambling, I hope Chuck is better with taxpayer money than his own. And obviously I'd vote for MJ.

But it's nice to see him talk about poverty in terms of education, and not some nebulous "opportunity" or "equality" thing.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote