Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Dallas at Oklahoma City December 27, 7 p.m. central

Thanks guys for waiting on me. Well, the break for the Mavs sure was nice. Let's hope they can shake off some of the rust that a long layover brings. Wasn't going to be an eay game anyway, but it looks like it will be even harder because Carlisle won't be there. I wonder if the exact same sub patterns (Dirk and he who shall not be named coming in together... Marion playing the 4th, etc) will remain the same.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Marion on Durant, please. I don't him having a Christmas day repeat.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Skull of Roy Tarpley says: "The still-beating heart of Kevin Durant will be
carved from his torso tonight by the edge of a sharp obsidian; his skin shall be
flayed and tanned to line the soles of our sandals; his skinned torso will be thrown
down before the alters of our Gods; his head shall be split, boiled, and placed
in dishonor upon the rack; and his limbs shall be fed to our dogs..."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

The Skull of Roy Tarpley says: "The still-beating heart of Kevin Durant will be
carved from his torso tonight by the edge of a sharp obsidian; his skin shall be
flayed and tanned to line the soles of our sandals; his skinned torso will be thrown
down before the alters of our Gods; his head shall be split, boiled, and placed
in dishonor upon the rack; and his limbs shall be fed to our dogs..."
Yea! What the skull-dude said!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

We're over 1/3 through the season and the Mavs have lost only one road game. That's absurd. I have to imagine that will catch up to them a bit.

...but not tonight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
We're over 1/3 through the season and the Mavs have lost only one road game. That's absurd. I have to imagine that will catch up to them a bit.

...but not tonight.
Add this:

They maybe played the strongest road schedule so far, going against 8 winning teams in 11 road games, which have a combined home record of 116-62 (.652). The 8 winning teams have a combined home record of 98-32 (.754).

Starting today, only 11 out of the remaining 30 road games will feature a current .500+ opponent.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried but as long as the mavs bring their A-game we should win
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thunder reject Chandler; trade off
After examining Chandler's left big toe, Dr. Carlan Yates, Oklahoma City's team physician, determined that the risk of reinjury was too great to give Chandler a clean bill of health. He therefore advised the Thunder to rescind Tuesday's trade that landed them Chandler for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and the rights to DeVon Hardin.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec. 27, 2010
Dallas @ Oklahoma City--Bennett Salvatore, Kevin Fehr, James Williams

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
Referee Assignments
Dec. 27, 2010
Just pack you bags and fly back to Dallas, now!

Will be another tough game, let´s see how big of a rust the Mavs show!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
Referee Assignments
Dec. 27, 2010
Salvatore is gonna be there, game over. Durant will head to the Charity Stripe at least 15 times.

Well, of course I hope for a win, but it won't be easy. Let's see if that break will have any influence.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Game over

Thunder 40+FTA

Last edited by sefant77; 12-27-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #14
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Is there any way to watch this on an ipad? I am in Arkansas for the next few days and my only means of internet is my ipad. Don't get the game on tv here. I don't think I'd be able to use the live streams from this.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Is there any way to watch this on an ipad? I am in Arkansas for the next few days and my only means of internet is my ipad. Don't get the game on tv here. I don't think I'd be able to use the live streams from this.
Hmmm, ask Stevie why he created such a handicapped lifestyle bullsh*t?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Does anyone know if skyfire works for the game links? They just came out with an iPad app.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

This will be top match.experience vs.youth.Who win?Mavs!!!
Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-27-2010 at 12:05 PM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #18
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

No Carlisle = less minutes for Barea?
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #19
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
No Carlisle = less minutes for Barea?
We will see

Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When Mavericks Coach Rick Carlisle said he was hoping for, "Good health" as a Christmas present, who knew he was talking about his own health. Carlisle will not coach the Mavericks in Monday night's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The coach had a minor knee scope Wednesday and will not travel with the team as a precautionary measure.

Rick Carlisle had what was termed "minor'' arthroscopic surgery. The medical staff has suggested it would be wise not to travel for a few days to avoid any complications with the surgery. It appears that it has been a nagging injury for the coach but it shouldn't be anything major that detracts him from coaching the team for the rest of the season. Mavericks Assistant Coach Dwane Casey ran Sunday's practice and will handle coaching responsibilities for the team on Monday night. Carlisle said he expects to rejoin the team Tuesday as they host the Toronto Raptors.
read more at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...ut-their-coach
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone get a sense that our defense is slipping a little bit? We are still tied for 2nd in fg% but it seems like we are slipping a tad.. Just a gnawing in my gut.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Does anyone get a sense that our defense is slipping a little bit? We are still tied for 2nd in fg% but it seems like we are slipping a tad.. Just a gnawing in my gut.
All of the defensive numbers are better for December than they were for November.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
All of the defensive numbers are better for December than they were for November.
Excellent, thanks KG/Murph...

Just paranoia I guess setting in... Don't go wobbly on me dude...
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that there was a stretch in which the defense slipped.. but they've been solid overall this month.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #25
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I hope the absence of Carlisle coupled with the days off do not cause complacency amongst the Mavs.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 12-27-2010 at 02:03 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #26
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

I hope the presence of Salvator doesn't pose a problem for the Mavs. Yes, I am still bitter about him and the Finals.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
I hope the presence of Salvator doesn't pose a problem for the Mavs. Yes, I am still bitter about him and the Finals.
You are not the only one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #28
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dwane Casey FTW

Old 12-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #29
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
41mvp
Golden Member

Go Mavs!!!
(win or you know what)!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

go mavs
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

oh btw.. Dirk will probably slip into slot number 24 in the all time scoring list tonight.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #33
Eamjr10

Eamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really nice

Go Mavs! Should be a tough challenge tonight, but Mavs get the W.
Eamjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #34
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Can anyone look up how many games Salvator has reffed for the Mavs since '06? And the win/loss ratio for those games? It would be pretty interesting.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Can anyone look up how many games Salvator has reffed for the Mavs since '06? And the win/loss ratio for those games? It would be pretty interesting.
I just know our Dan Crawford playoff record, its something like 1-16.

Btw Salvatore swallowed his whistle when Wright fouled Anthony intentionally, funny:

Quote:
Mark Wunderlich was the referee who swallowed his whistle while standing a few feet away from Antoine Wright's intentional foul of Carmelo Anthony. Bennett Salvatore was clear across the court.

But there's a precedent for Salvatore making a game-deciding call from 35 or 40 feet away. Maybe MFFLs remember the foul that sent Dwyane Wade to the line in the final seconds of Game 5 in the 2006 Finals.

Salvatore was standing at halfcourt when he called the most controversial foul in Mavs' playoff history, which happened (or didn't happen, depending on your point of view) in the lane.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #36
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Lets Go MAVS!!!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #37
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

I am moderately uneasy about this game, and would be very reassured by a win. Best wishes to Carlisle and his speedy recovery.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #38
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dullah, did you used to post at Insidehoops?

Yeah this game is one of those "uneasy" games. The competition is greater, but long layovers usually aren't great for a ballclub that is playing well. The old adage of rest versus momentum comes into play. Dirk definitely needed a rest, he looked winded for most of the Miami game and all of the Orlando game. And Kidd can always use the break, even though he hasn't played major minutes this year. But the Mavs are/were playing good ball so let's see if it stays that way.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-27-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #39
Bayliss

And seeing the Skull of Roy Tarpley I ask again (it may have been answered but I've slept since then...)

Anyone know what happened to EvilMav?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #40
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
And seeing the Skull of Roy Tarpley I ask again (it may have been answered but I've slept since then...)

Anyone know what happened to EvilMav?
He just kinda disappeared - probably wandered into an Aztec stargate or something...

But I'm keeping the spirit alive anyway!