Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #161
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Btw I call B.S on Chris Paul not being behind the firing of Del Negro. He doth protest too much. He's "furious" because it was pinned on him in the press. How disingenuous. Does anyone really believe it wasn't essentially his decision? So what if he didn't literally say "i want Vinny fired". I respect his desire to win on the basketball court(despite the fact that he's a well documented cheap shot artist)but reaffirms my opinion that the dude's a little weasel. Sterling was wrong to air their dirty laundry publicly, no doubt. But I dont believe his message was actually the false one.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #162
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Also I hope he signs here :P CP3 and Dirk would be quite literally unstoppable.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-02-2013 at 02:51 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #163
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...st-last-season

Dwight needed a shrink. I will say a coach like Carlisle can be able to help him mentally.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #164
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

The saviors of the franchise. A couple of whiny bitches. Great.
Why cant Kevin Love, Paul George, or Kyrie Irving be available? Fml.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
The saviors of the franchise. A couple of whiny bitches. Great.
Why cant Kevin Love, Paul George, or Kyrie Irving be available? Fml.
Speaking of whiny bitches...

You went from saying that Paul/Howard won't be coming here, to implying that even if they do, the franchise is doomed because they're "whiny bitches"... All while hilariously stating that a guy like Kevin Love (who has been bitching about his team for the past several years) would be a better option than the best point guard or best center in the league.

Yeah, "f*ck your life" - you have it so bad... Better yet, end your life. #firstworldproblems

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-03-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #166
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...ists-daughter/
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #167
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

CP3 and Dwight seem like they couldn't be much more different to me. That would be an interesting mix with Dirk and RC here. If you just think about that and not the surrounding roster, it's an easy choice imo, if were talking about the two of them playing together.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #168
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Howard and Carlisle would be too much drama. My targets would be CP3, Dieng(c) and Tyreke Evans(sg). Let Collison and OJ move on.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #169
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
CP3 and Dwight seem like they couldn't be much more different to me. That would be an interesting mix with Dirk and RC here. If you just think about that and not the surrounding roster, it's an easy choice imo, if were talking about the two of them playing together.
If we can get Paul (which is a long shot without question), I'd take a hard look at Oden as he might come very cheap. How about this lineup like this, I think they could make the money work:

CP/Schroeder/Cunningham
Carter/Tony Allen
Marion/Crowder
Dirk/Wright
Greg Oden/Sarge/2nd round pick

Is that a enough talent for a deep run? I think so. Big gamble on Oden. But striking out on Dwight leaves either Bynum or Oden as 2 gambles with huge upside potential and Oden will come at a much lower salary.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #170
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
If we can get Paul (which is a long shot without question), I'd take a hard look at Oden as he might come very cheap. How about this lineup like this, I think they could make the money work:

CP/Schroeder/Cunningham
Carter/Tony Allen
Marion/Crowder
Dirk/Wright
Greg Oden/Sarge/2nd round pick

Is that a enough talent for a deep run? I think so. Big gamble on Oden. But striking out on Dwight leaves either Bynum or Oden as 2 gambles with huge upside potential and Oden will come at a much lower salary.
Have there been any reports about Odens health and improvement? I have been underwhelmed by him since he got in the league.

It's a huge gamble depending on him to stay healthy and only having Sarge as the backup.

Also, in that lineup you listed, I'd like to have another option at the wing. Allen and Marion are great defensively but we need someone else who can knock down the 3 ball and provide some mid to outside shooting... aside from Carter.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #171
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Have there been any reports about Odens health and improvement? I have been underwhelmed by him since he got in the league.

It's a huge gamble depending on him to stay healthy and only having Sarge as the backup.

Also, in that lineup you listed, I'd like to have another option at the wing. Allen and Marion are great defensively but we need someone else who can knock down the 3 ball and provide some mid to outside shooting... aside from Carter.
Oden is a huge gamble, we'd clearly have to take a look at him physically. But several teams are reportedly interested and it looks like someone will be picking him up this year. With Cuban talking about the stretch provision, he'd be exactly the type of player to take a chance on which wouldn't be a financial albatross if it didn't work out due to him likely coming pretty cheap (vs Bynum). Clearly, with the risk we'd either have to get a quality second round pick would could contribute or look to a cheap free agent. But offering a max contract to Paul doesn't leave room for much else. Regarding another wingman, we could re-sign Morrow on the cheap to bring in when we need some 3 point action.

So it would be something like this:

CP/Schroeder/Cunningham
Carter/Tony Allen/Morrow
Marion/Crowder
Dirk/Wright/2nd rounder
Greg Oden/Sarge (Wright depending on matchup and Oden's health)
Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #172
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Oden if there was another vet on the roster - someone like Dalembert, at least.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #173
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Why waste a roster spot on a guy coming off his 30th knee surgery. This guy is liable to break his wrist signing the contract.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #174
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Why waste a roster spot on a guy coming off his 30th knee surgery. This guy is liable to break his wrist signing the contract.
So, we'd have to insure the the act of signing him?

Cost would determine the risk of a spot.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #175
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Because of the upside potential at the extreme discount.

Look, the fact of the matter is there is no combination of the traditionally safe free agents on the market this year which will guarantee anything for Dallas. Forum favorites like Jack and Dalembert don't give me any confidence of a championship run, or really even a deep playoff run. That still puts 100% of the weight on Nowitzski.

Its a gamble, a gamble which would be worth it IMHO IF we were to land Chris Paul. A gamble with a tremendous upside if it falls in our favor. As I do not think we will actually land Paul, I also wouldn't want to make such a big gamble on Oden but instead grab a "safer" choice. But if we could land Paul, and Oden is looking as good as some scouting suggests, I'd for sure take the gamble considering how cheap he's going to come. If Paul is signed, we're going to have to look to the bargain bin to fill the roster especially if you want Wright back. I'd take Paul, Wright, Oden over Paul, Bynum, and nobody any day (because when Howard signs in Houston, we will most likely be looking at both Bynum and Oden as our second option).
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #176
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

it is nowitzki : )
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #177
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
it is nowitzki : )
The "D" is silent...

Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #178
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ht-howard-land

Can anyone with Insider post the above article for us? Thanks!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #179
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ht-howard-land

Can anyone with Insider post the above article for us? Thanks!
Or at least tell us which one capologist, Larry Coon, thinks has a "realistic shot."

Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #180
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

In short, Coon says cap-wise it can be realistic for both teams, with moves needed to be made. Roster-wise he obviously thinks the Rockets have the better chance. Not much more information aside from what we have all discussed over and over here, and no new angles or "insider" information.

Last edited by saclare; 06-04-2013 at 04:18 PM.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #181
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Legit... thanks for the cliff's notes.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #182
Underdog

One less horse in the race?

Quote:
Mention of Howard, Paul may constitute tampering

link

The Hawks may have violated the NBA’s anti-tampering policy by mentioning Dwight Howard and Chris Paul by name in a recent letter sent to prospective ticket buyers.

Howard, who is from Atlanta, and Paul are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents July 1. As each currently is under contract, with the Lakers and Clippers respectively, a team is not allowed to speak about them publicly.

The letter, obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, was sent via email by a member of the ticket-sales department. It was on team letterhead and headlined “Hot New Player news: Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.” It began with the statement: “The buzz around our offseason is more than heating up. With massive cap space, 4 draft picks, and free agency rapidly approaching, we sit in the best position in the NBA. Player interest is skyrocketing as the possibilities of landing Chris Paul & Dwight Howard become more and more of a reality.”

The letter included a link to a story on ESPN.com reporting that Paul was unhappy with the notion that he played a role in the dismissal of coach Vinny Del Negro last month.

“This is your opportunity to get on board before its (sic) too late. Once we solidify our signings there will be no seats left,” the letter added.

Hawks president Bob Williams issued a statement on the issue Tuesday evening. “The letter that has been referred to was written by one of our season-ticket reps of his own volition. While certainly he is a member of our business staff, his specific reference clearly does not represent how our basketball operations or our business staff have consistently communicated about free agency. It is unfortunate that this mistake, by a single ticket rep with no ill intent, occurred.”

According to a league spokesman, the NBA would not comment on the situation.

As part of its collective bargaining agreement, the league defines tampering as when a player or a team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anyone under contract with another team in order to negotiate for their services. The NBA detailed its anti-tampering policy in a memo sent to all 30 teams in 2008. The letter read: “If a member of your organization is asked by the media about a potential free agent before the July 1 following the last season covered by the player’s contract, or about any other person under contract with another NBA team, the only proper response is to decline comment.” The ban extends to general managers, coaches, players or any employee of an organization.

The league has issued hefty fines in the past for tampering, particularly in 2010 when LeBron James became an unrestricted free agent, for the mere mention of a player under contract with another team. The Hawks were one team disciplined.

Co-owner Michael Gearon was fined $25,000 for comments he made to the AJC on May 27, 2010 about then-Cavaliers forward James. Gearon said “If somebody came to us tomorrow and said you can have LeBron for max money and it puts you in the luxury tax, I’d do it in a heartbeat. But am I going to do that for (Zydrunas) Ilgauskas? Am I going to do it for Jermaine O’Neal? I don’t think so. …”

That was the third time that week that the league issued a fine for tampering. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was fined $100,000 for saying “anybody” would be interested in James in an interview. He added that it would be tough to sign the league MVP in free agency, but a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland is something he would look at. Steve Kerr, then president of basketball operations for the Suns, was fined $10,000 for comments he made.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #183
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

^The Hawks know better than that these days. They'll probably just be fined 100k. They're just desperate to get people to buy tickets since people don't show up to their games.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #184
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
They're just desperate to get people to buy tickets since people don't show up to their games.
And that's probably a good reason for Paul and Howard to pass on Atlanta...

Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #185
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
And that's probably a good reason for Paul and Howard to pass on Atlanta...
And an excellent reason for why they should come to Dallas. Mavs have been top 5 in attendance since 00-01 season minus the 01-02 season in which they were 6th. And the only season they had their best attendance average at number 2? Last season...not even making the playoffs. People showing up to games should absolutely be a primary selling point.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #186
spreedom
Diamond Member

If CP3 and Dwight are committed to playing together, you've gotta think Atlanta is the best place for them to do so... the two of them teaming with Al Horford sounds like a salty defensive team to me. I love Horford... wish we could get him in blue.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #187
Underdog

Last edited by Underdog; 06-04-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #188
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
^The Hawks know better than that these days. They'll probably just be fined 100k. They're just desperate to get people to buy tickets since people don't show up to their games.
People do show up to the games they just root for the other team.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #189
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
People do show up to the games they just root for the other team.
I hate to mention it, but that happens here in Dallas as well. I went to a game when the Lakers were in town this year and was shocked at how many people were cheering for them. Granted we were in the cheap seats, but probably a quarter of the section was cheering for the Lakers. It was an absolutely horrible experience.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #190
Underdog

Quote:
I hate to mention it, but that happens here in Dallas as well. I went to a game when the Lakers were in town this year and was shocked at how many people were cheering for them. Granted we were in the cheap seats, but probably a quarter of the section was cheering for the Lakers. It was an absolutely horrible experience.
Yeah, I don't get all the fair-weather Lakers fans at the AAC... Thunder, Rockets and Spurs make sense due to geographical proximity, but Lakers fans just piss me off. I guess it's all those usually-empty corporate seats that lure them in.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #191
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

It's only horrible if the Mavs lose because if they win then you can stick it in their faces.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #192
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
It's only horrible if the Mavs lose because if they win then you can stick it in their faces.
Mavs lost...
Old 06-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #193
Underdog

Quote:
Mavs lost...
Get drunk, get in a fight, give 'em a reason not to come to another game.

(I'll leave it up to you to determine whether I'm kidding or mentally disturbed...)

Old 06-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #194
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get all the fair-weather Lakers fans at the AAC... Thunder, Rockets and Spurs make sense due to geographical proximity, but Lakers fans just piss me off. I guess it's all those usually-empty corporate seats that lure them in.
You and Rhylan should start a club.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #195
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah...the tickets are really expensive and go for a premium. I know a lot of folks who sell those tickets and pay for quite a few of their other ones. We didn't have a ton of corporate seats around us but the lakers games always had folks selling those tickets.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #196
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

I think Ferry is rising top GM in the league and wouldn't be surprised if he could pull it off but it's longshot. Doesn't GM duties run in the family. I don't see one of them going and the other not. If it did happen then I'd suspect Josh Smith might be a better fit along side Howard than Horford.

There will be new teams that jump in the chase also. If I were Howard, I might be really intrigued by the Wizards as he could potentially join Wall, Beal and maybe Otto Porter or Anthony Bennett. They could probably trade Nene and Okafor to fill out most of the rest of the rotation. How different might they be than the Warriors?

I still think they both stay in LA.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #197
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember how everyone told 1-2 years ago that Duncan and the Spurs are done?

Duncan kicking ass at age 37 is helping our case this summer for sure
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #198
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Duncan kicking ass at age 37 is helping our case this summer for sure
I'm split on which outcome I want in the Finals when it comes to the Mavs' offseason... If Miami takes it, then it proves that only superteams can win in today's NBA, which might convince Paul & Howard to take less money to pair up in Dallas. But if San Antonio takes it, then it proves that even an aging superstar can lead a team to the Finals, and might change the overall perception that free agents have about teaming with a 35-year-old Dirk.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #199
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity, do you think the Mavs will include in their pitch to D12 and CP3 a plan to go after another free agent (possibly Carmelo) in 2014? How enticing do you think that would be to them?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #200
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm split on which outcome I want in the Finals when it comes to the Mavs' offseason... If Miami takes it, then it proves that only superteams can win in today's NBA, which might convince Paul & Howard to take less money to pair up in Dallas. But if San Antonio takes it, then it proves that even an aging superstar can lead a team to the Finals, and might change the overall perception that free agents have about teaming with a 35-year-old Dirk.
I know im letting emotions take over, but i dont think ive ever hated a team more than the heat. I hate every player on that team, even just a small role player. I hate the fans, and most of all i hate lebron and wade. The way they act, especially how they acted towards Dirk in 2011, was pathetic.