Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: Who will have the biggest impact in 3 years?
Doncic 6 37.50%
Bagley 2 12.50%
Porter Jr. 5 31.25%
Mikal Bridges 3 18.75%
Miles Bridges 0 0%
Gilgeous-Alexander 0 0%
Williams 0 0%
Trent Jr. 0 0%
Musa 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best forward in the draft

Vote now
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Went out on a limb and said Porter Jr. Obviously all depends on health, but he wasn't the number 1 overall for nothing. I think he makes a team really good in 3 years, but I do not think that is the Mavs, as I hope we are drafting high enough to land either Ayton or Bamba.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I see Doncic, Gilgeous-Alexander, Trent Jr. as guards and Williams as a center... Also where's JJJ in these polls? He wasn't on the one for centers.

This is a tough one, since Porter Jr. may never be the same player again... Also, what if Bagley grows into being a solid defender? Lots of variables here.

Porter
Bagley
Mikal
Miles
Musa

But I also think Kevin Knox will be in the mix, as well as Keita Bates-Diop (especially in 3 years).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I think Doncic will have the biggest impact but I don't necessarily want the Mavs to draft him unless they are 100% certain he is head and shoulder above any other player.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Say Doncic was off the board

You can choose between JJJ, Bagley, or Porter Jr.

Who do you take?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Say Doncic was off the board

You can choose between JJJ, Bagley, or Porter Jr.

Who do you take?
Porter Jr. if he's cleared medically. Dude has the most superstar potential in the draft, which is what you want most when picking this high... If not, then we're choosing between Bagley and JJJ, which is a hard decision.

Bagley is probably the best scorer in the draft, and we definitely need that, but he isn't much of a defender. Although he does have the gifts to become a good defender, so there's always a possibility that he fixes that part of his game... And he's also a dominant rebounder. I dunno, Bagley is definitely a player that fixes two of our biggest weaknesses right away -- scoring and rebounding... But, like Doncic, is he a guy who's going to give up a point for each one he scores?

On the flip side, JJJ is probably the best defender in the draft, with an instinct that possibly even surpasses Bamba's physical traits as a rim protector at the NBA level... He's also an excellent floor stretcher, shooting almost 40% from beyond the arc in college. You know what we call a rim-protecting sharpshooter in the NBA? That's right, a unicorn... Really, his biggest weakness has been foul trouble, which does matter in a league where James Harden can flop his way into MVP consideration year after year... But he's also the youngest player in the draft, so there's always an chance for him to learn discipline, especially on Carlisle's short leash. Easily the best two-way player in the draft, but still really, really raw.

I dunno, this is a tough choice... Bagley is probably the safer bet with his instant upside, but JJJ could easily be the better player in 3 years, since discipline is easier to learn than defense, as it tends to come naturally with maturity and experience... Gun to my head:

Porter
JJJ
Bagley

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-10-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote