Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Suns-Grizzlies

Shawn Marion on FIRE!!! The team as a whole is 6-7 from downtown, in the FIRST QUARTER with 1 minute to go.

This is very reminiscent of the mavs game when the mavs put up 82 in the first half.

I noticed that there hasn't been a lot of activity in this forum..but we've had some great games "around the nba" and it's sad that we aren't discussing them here..Instead of wasting time arguing with rockets fans, let's generate some discussion here.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:Suns-Grizzlies

39 points in the first quarter

those playoffs have really slowed down the Suns...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Also, more proof that Steve Nash is the MVP..

Since he's been on the bench(about 5 minutes now), the suns have not scored..0-7 from the field in the 2nd quarter and they're stuck at 39 with 8 minutes to go.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

those playoffs have really slowed down the Suns in the second quarter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Neither team is stopping the other. Griz are relatively close.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
ruroken

ruroken is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Suns-Grizzlies

If the Grizz intend on winning this series. They are going to have to be more physical with Nash.
ruroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

nash is going crazy tonight. the ball movement of phoenix reminds me of what the rockets did to the mavs yesterday. i guess thats how phoenix is every game they play. ::sigh::
Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Suns!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

If the Mavs don't make it passed the 1st round (not my prediction), then I would want the Suns to take it all (mainly because of Nash).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ugh....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

there are a few teams I want to lose: Suns, Nuggets

there are a few teams I like (other than the Mavs): Nets, Spurs

things look pretty bad all around.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

I don't think Steve Nash was a bad person for going where the money was. I don't think he did the wrong thing at all. But when he left, he instantly became one of the top Mavs rivals, and that means I want to see him crash and burn.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I want to see him crash and burn.
no question.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not gonna lie. I love the Suns. I would love to beat them, of course, but if we lose to them I want them to go on to win it all. Basketball should be fun. It should be entertaining.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:44 AM   #15
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav
I don't think Steve Nash was a bad person for going where the money was. I don't think he did the wrong thing at all. But when he left, he instantly became one of the top Mavs rivals, and that means I want to see him crash and burn.

Well, at least you don't pretend like he committed an act of treason by simply not yielding to some invisible indentured servitude clause that bound him to the Mavs.

Good luck on the crashing and burning.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I'm not gonna lie. I love the Suns. I would love to beat them, of course, but if we lose to them I want them to go on to win it all. Basketball should be fun. It should be entertaining.
not I said the REAL mavericks fan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
ugh....
I won't apologize for still being a Steve Nash fan despite the change in uniform.

I don't think he's the answer for the Mavs, so I'm not sorry to see him go, but it doesn't mean that I want to wish ill of the guy.

So, I say "ugh" back atcha'. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #18
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

The real answer is in Finely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

His high salary and inability to show up in playoffs has caused Mavs BIG BIG problems.

I used to be a Mavs fan because of Nash and Dirk but now I am rooting for Suns because I've always loved the fast-break teams. The more people say fast-break teams don't work in playoffs, the more I want to root for them.

Mavs is basically done with fast-break style. We have probably one of the worst PGs in the league. Terry can shoot but he cannot direct our offense at all.

Go Nash, go Suns!

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

its sounds to me that you are no longer a Mavs fan and probably never were one to begin with.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav
Works for me. The sports world is no place to ride a fence!!!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #21
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

I've never really *hated* any NBA team... until now. Hate the Rockets, especially the cocky role players. Wanna see them go down real bad, and if we don't get it done, will be rooting for the Suns to beat the living sh*t outta the Rockets.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

The suns will be well-rested for round two. And, for whichever team they draw, that sucks.

Looks like Cash won't be running himself ragged anytime soon.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:44 AM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
39 points in the first quarter

those playoffs have really slowed down the Suns...
Please... Look, NOBODY, not even the harshest of Sun's skeptics (including me) ever said anything about the Memphis Grizzlies slowing down the Suns. The playoffs never slowed down the run and gun offense of the old Mavs in the first round (until last year). But once the Mavs played another elite Western Conference team, everything changed. Sure, the old Mavs could score 83 points in the first half, but could they beat the Spurs or the Lakers? Phoenix is playing an 8th seed team with a bunch of good players, but no great players, that can't keep up with the Suns offensively, and can't slow them down defensively. Wait until Phoenix plays against a half-way decent team with any remote chance of getting to the finals like, say....... the Mavs... until you make that statement.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
Mavs is basically done with fast-break style. We have probably one of the worst PGs in the league. Terry can shoot but he cannot direct our offense at all.
Terry may struggle running the offense at times, but to say he's "one of the worst PG's in the leauge" is WAY too harsh. Terry may be one of the worst PGs among the elite teams. Sure, I'd take Nash, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Rip Hamilton, Andre Miller, and Mike Bibby over Terry, but I'd take the Jet over the vast majority of the rest of the PG's in the NBA. I'd certainly take Terry over Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, or Steve Francis.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:48 PM   #25
kingrex
Platinum Member

This Suns team will be a tough match-up.

Where the Rockets forces the tempo half-court, the Suns will force the Mavs to run. The Mavs have been successful in 3 games to force tempo on the Rockets, but it could be tougher to do so against the Suns.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, afterall there is at least one more game against the Rockets. Go Mavs!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #26
jibikao

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Terry may struggle running the offense at times, but to say he's "one of the worst PG's in the leauge" is WAY too harsh. Terry may be one of the worst PGs among the elite teams. Sure, I'd take Nash, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Rip Hamilton, Andre Miller, and Mike Bibby over Terry, but I'd take the Jet over the vast majority of the rest of the PG's in the NBA. I'd certainly take Terry over Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, or Steve Francis.
Maybe my definitely of PG is different from yours. I don't even think Wade and Hamilton are PGs. They are Shooting Guards. That's where you get confused. Point Guard's main job is to Point our offense and to make sure we don't turn over the ball and to make sure the other teammates know what kind of offense the team needs to run. Terry is a decent shooting guard but he definitely CANNOT direct offense. Hell, I don't even know if he knows what Mavs' offense is.

Mav's offense is painful to watch. Very few ball movement and a lot of one-on-one. A lot of this is due to our point guards' inability to direct offense.

Terry is STILL one of the worst "point guards" I've seen. He is a good shooting guard though. He is pretty clutch and knows how to score on his own.

www.keepshooting.com
Old 05-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #27
jibikao

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Maybe my definitely of PG is different from yours. I don't even think Wade and Hamilton are PGs. They are Shooting Guards. That's where you get confused. Point Guard's main job is to Point our offense and to make sure we don't turn over the ball and to make sure the other teammates know what kind of offense the team needs to run. Terry is a decent shooting guard but he definitely CANNOT direct offense. Hell, I don't even know if he knows what Mavs' offense is.

Mav's offense is painful to watch. Very few ball movement and a lot of one-on-one. A lot of this is due to our point guards' inability to direct offense. You wonder why Nelson benched Terry so many times? That's because Terry can't utilize all the weapons we have. We have so many guys that can score but in the end, we just rely on our one-on-one.

Terry is STILL one of the worst "point guards" I've seen. He is a good shooting guard though. He is pretty clutch and knows how to score on his own.
Edit: Oops, I meant to edit this post but clicked "quote" instead. sorry.

www.keepshooting.com