Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, if we were picking #7 I wouldn't hesitate to pick Mikal -- but with the guys sitting there at #5, we almost HAVE to pick for upside alone... All I know is that whoever ends up getting him is going score an "A" for the draft.
I wonder if Chicago would want to move up two spots and maybe we can work out some type of deal to get #7 and #22.
If I'm not mistaken they have some interest in Porter and Bamba and there is a chance both could be gone when they pick.

I think Bridges would be a really nice fit with DSJ and Barnes and there should be someone decent at #22.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I wonder if Chicago would want to move up two spots and maybe we can work out some type of deal to get #7 and #22.
If I'm not mistaken they have some interest in Porter and Bamba and there is a chance both could be gone when they pick.

I think Bridges would be a really nice fit with DSJ and Barnes and there should be someone decent at #22.
I would only do this is we would pick Bridges at 5 anyways. If not, go with Bamba, Porter, or Jackson. Surprisingly, Bamba is seeming more like one of the players that has both a high floor and a high ceiling.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I would only do this is we would pick Bridges at 5 anyways. If not, go with Bamba, Porter, or Jackson. Surprisingly, Bamba is seeming more like one of the players that has both a high floor and a high ceiling.
so trade #5 for #7 and #22
take on Faried to get #14

7 - Mikal
14 - Robert Williams
22 - Divincenzo
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

7 - Mikal
14 - Robert Williams
22 - Divincenzo
Hell, if we pulled that off we'd still have 33 and 54 as well -- no reason we couldn't bundle some of those to get a second top-10 pick.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Hell, if we pulled that off we'd still have 33 and 54 as well -- no reason we couldn't bundle some of those to get a second top-10 pick.
More realistic....wonder if Sixers would be willing to trade 26 for 33/54?

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-08-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

7 - Mikal
14 - Robert Williams
22 - Divincenzo
I don't see Chicago giving up #22 while only moving up 2 spots. We'd have to at least give up the two 2nd rounders and maybe more.

Also, Denver won't give up #14 just to get rid of Faried.

Now if we could pull off #5/#33/#54 for #7/#22 and then trade #22 for #14/Faried it might actually work.
Not sure I'd want to do it but we would instantly address two areas of need if we pick Bridges at 7 and Williams at 14.

Or, maybe trade #14 to Sixers for #10/Bayless leaving us with #7 and #10 picks.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don't see Chicago giving up #22 while only moving up 2 spots. We'd have to at least give up the two 2nd rounders and maybe more.

Also, Denver won't give up #14 just to get rid of Faried.

Now if we could pull off #5/#33/#54 for #7/#22 and then trade #22 for #14/Faried it might actually work.
Not sure I'd want to do it but we would instantly address two areas of need if we pick Bridges at 7 and Williams at 14.

Or, maybe trade #14 to Sixers for #10/Bayless leaving us with #7 and #10 picks.
Dont trade down when you have the chance to draft a unicorn. Thats something you dont do.

Then Bamba becomes the center version of Giannis and we are stuck with a lame version of Otto Porter and Stromile Swift 2.0

Trading down is just not an option at #5 in this draft...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Dont trade down when you have the chance to draft a unicorn. Thats something you dont do.

Then Bamba becomes the center version of Giannis and we are stuck with a lame version of Otto Porter and Stromile Swift 2.0

Not saying I'd do it but it might be a way to get two top 10 picks if the Mavs are high on Bridges.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-08-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Totally agree.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #10
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:

Agree if Bamba is there at #5 but what if he isn't?