Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all
Default How big is Game 4?

So how big is Game 4? I personally think it's the biggest game in Mavs franchise history and 100% of the pressure will be on us as well as one of the rowdiest crowds you will ever see. Many of the games in last year's playoffs could have been considered bigger in our franchise's history IF we had won the title. But all of those big games from last year only make Sunday night's game that much bigger. Here's the implications I see based on the two potential outcomes of game 4:

MAVS WIN:
-------------
a) we live to fight another day and are arguably back in the driver's seat with two of the next three at home.

MAVS LOSE:
--------------
a) our goose is cooked
b) Dirk accepts the most embarrasing MVP trophy ever awarded in the history of major sports.
c) Mark Cuban sells the team.
d) Jerry Stackhouse gets traded.
e) Stephen Jackson goes to jail.
f) Dallas realizes they have the only superstar on the planet that can't create his own shot against any defense.
g) The Mavs ponder the direction of the team in the off-season... Do they retool to try to keep up with the new NBA (phoenix and golden state), something we ironically used to be? Or is that knee-jerking considering we finally retooled to have the upper hand over teams such as San Antonio? Is it our fate that the only two teams in the league that give us problems (phoenix, golden state) end up on our path to the title? If we made trades to be more like them, do we then get matched up San Antonio instead in the playoffs next year? It's all about seeding and matchups and we just got hosed. Maybe it's our own fault for not trying against the Warriors in the regular season, yet beating up on the Clippers.

To all you glass is half full types, I'm sorry that the sky is falling, but I'm not the one who dropped it.

WOW. A lot is riding on this one game. Good luck, Mavs. I stand behind you, despite my signature (humor is my only escape at this point in the series).

Last edited by pkdumas; 04-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote