Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #201
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm split on which outcome I want in the Finals when it comes to the Mavs' offseason... If Miami takes it, then it proves that only superteams can win in today's NBA, which might convince Paul & Howard to take less money to pair up in Dallas. But if San Antonio takes it, then it proves that even an aging superstar can lead a team to the Finals, and might change the overall perception that free agents have about teaming with a 35-year-old Dirk.
It could really send a lot of influence towards CP3 and Dwight. If Miami wins it. Then Carlisle will still go down as the coach to assemble the right strategy. Which is beating the big 3 concept. Also, the masterpiece Dirk performed against his main nemesis. I wont be mad if the dreaded Heat take it. That way the San Antonio fan I know wont say... "We beat the Heat too.. so what else is new?". If Spurs win then Lebron, Wade, and Bosh may just all have tension all summer. Possibly the end of their squad.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
If Spurs win then Lebron, Wade, and Bosh may just all have tension all summer. Possibly the end of their squad.
Hard to say, but it would certainly open the door for us to chase LeBron after Dirk's contract expires.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #203
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hard to say, but it would certainly open the door for us to chase LeBron after Dirk's contract expires.
I don't think I could stomach lebron in a Mavs uniform.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #204
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it will be the perfect time for LeBron to come. He will be 29 next year. He's been in the league for 10+ years. He already has played 30k+ minutes. And throw in another 6k minutes in the playoffs.

By the time the Mavs get him he will be pretty much a shell of himself.

Last edited by Bayliss; 06-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #205
mavsmanfromohio

mavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the rough

IMO Miami and SA have the same # of superstars. Obviously Miami has a more talented and athletic roster but this is where Pop's defensive schemes become so important, much like Carlisle's in 2011. Frankly, Avery Johnson could have coached the Heat to a championship during last years lockout season.

If we get CP3/D12 it's because they know Carlisle can coach them to multiple championships.
mavsmanfromohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #206
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wow. I think. The chances of Lebron using his ETO next year are worse than.. us having CP3 and D12 here at the same time.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #207
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

LeBron would give anything right about now, to have Dirk receiving those kick out passes...especially the wide open 3's Bosh gets. The PnR would be unreal between them as well.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #208
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow. I think. The chances of Lebron using his ETO next year are worse than.. us having CP3 and D12 here at the same time.
Why, exactly, would he not use his ETO?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #209
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Why, exactly, would he not use his ETO?
I just see that being a worse hope than 2010 summer(when bosh, lebron, and wade were free agents) even though it worked out nicely for Dallas with the trophy. Also, when Deron snubbed us in 2012. But I'm looking at right now wanting someone like Chris Paul first. Then lets talk to Dwight.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-08-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #210
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just see that being a worse hope than 2010 summer(when bosh, lebron, and wade were free agents) even though it worked out nicely for Dallas with the trophy. Also, when Deron snubbed us in 2012. But I'm looking at right now wanting someone like Chris Paul first. Then lets talk to Dwight.
Whether or not LeBron exercises his ETO has nothing to do with your fear of getting your heart broken as a Mavs fan.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #211
Underdog

The amount of cap room teams will actually have:

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks

Committed salary for 2013/14: $42,994,093 (view full forecast)

Projected cap space: $13,615,538

The #13 pick has a cap hold of $1,655,300, but Dallas are reportedly trying to move it. The theory that it can be attached to Shawn Marion's final season (Which he surely will not opt out of) seems fantastical; nevertheless, it seems Dallas is pretty intent on moving the pick. And even if they aren't, a clause in the 2011 CBA may save them. Teams with unsigned first round picks can, if all parties want, file documents with the league agreeing not to sign the player that season, which in return removes their cap hold for the year. (This rule was used by Dallas last year on Petteri Koponen, and was also used by Chicago on Nikola Mirotic.) So the #13 pick's cap hold is not included here.

Marion's salary of $9,316,796 is likely to come down due to missed performance incentives, although, since the details of that are not known, the $9,316,796 number will continue to be used. O.J. Mayo is a logical certainty to opt out of his $4,200,900, which would thus turn into a $4,824,000 cap hold. The status of other cap holds is less certain; for the purposes of the above number, it is assumed that Chris Kaman ($9,600,000), Anthony Morrow ($7,600,000), Roddy Beaubois ($5,568,333), Elton Brand ($3,990,950) and Mike James ($884,293) are all renounced, while Koponen once again has his cap hold ($880,600) expunged. Brandan Wright ($884,293) surely won't be renounced, however, and while Darren Collison's cap hold of $5,798,360 is slightly in the way, it's not exhorbitant, so it is assumed it will only be renounced if needs be (i.e. if the signing of a big time free agent necessitates it). Dallas also has two unguaranteed contracts; Josh Akognon ($788,872, fully unguaranteed until December 1st) and Bernard James ($788,872, fully unguaranteed until July 15th); for the purposes of this calculation, it is assumed that Akognon will be waived and James won't.

All this, then, leaves Dallas here:

Dirk Nowitzki: $22,721,381
Shawn Marion: $9,316,796
OJ Mayo: $4,824,000 (cap hold)
Vince Carter: $3,180,000
Jared Cunningham: $1,208,400
Brandan Wright: $884,293 (Cap hold)
Jae Crowder: $788,872
Bernard James: $788,872
Roster charge: $490,180

Total = $44,884,462 = $13,615,538 in cap room

This is a very variable figure for all of the reasons mentioned above; Marion's to-be-adjusted contract, the status of the #13, possible trades of Marion and/or Cunningham, etc. The status of Mayo is also fairly significant - the day he leaves to sign elsewhere will open up an extra $4,333,820 in cap room, or, if he stays, the day he re-signs will take up a big chunk of the $13.6 mil. Nevertheless, while Dallas doesn't have as much cap room to throw about as others, they're in the game.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #212
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

^That's the first I've heard about the performance incentives in Shawn's contract. Can't imagine that'd knock off too much, but every little bit could help, and new information is cool, so thanks for posting.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #213
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

He will use his ETO to sign either a real max contract or sign with another team.

I could even see him do something crazy like signing with the Lakers, specially if Kobe is kind of done. James is all about being a world wide brand and icon and spending the rest of his career with the lakers would definatly push that. Also if the Heat lose again a final and Wade declining age wise he know that the "Big 3" wont guarantee him several rings anyway. And the championship monkey he has off his back since last year.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #214
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
^That's the first I've heard about the performance incentives in Shawn's contract. Can't imagine that'd knock off too much, but every little bit could help, and new information is cool, so thanks for posting.
StoryTellers has had it listed forever, but it's only ~50K according to them, so it's really not worth mentioning.

I don't really understand why Deeks is including Mayo in his figures. He mentions that he's going to opt out and turn into a cap hold, but retaining that cap hold does the Mavs absolutely no good, so I don't really see the point in acting like they don't have that space.

I also don't see Collison's hold as being any less likely to be renounced than Brand's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-08-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #215
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That really didn't answer the question....

As for the holds and etc, I wouldn't be surprised if Wright's is the only one they make sure isn't relinquished right away.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-08-2013 at 06:32 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #216
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
StoryTellers has had it listed forever, but it's only ~50K according to them, so it's really not worth mentioning.

I don't really understand why Deeks is including Mayo in his figures. He mentions that he's going to opt out and turn into a cap hold, but retaining that cap hold does the Mavs absolutely no good, so I don't really see the point in acting like they don't have that space.

I also don't see Collison's hold as being any less likely to be renounced than Brand's.

Deeks now as this update added to the Mav section:

Quote:
EDIT: Come to think of it, O.J. Mayo's cap hold doesn't actually matter. As he's only played one season since changing teams as a free agent, he only has non-Bird rights, should he opt out. And yet if Dallas renounces him, he'd still only have non-Bird rights. Mayo's cap hold, then, can be discounted.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #217
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsmanfromohio View Post
IMO Miami and SA have the same # of superstars. Obviously Miami has a more talented and athletic roster but this is where Pop's defensive schemes become so important, much like Carlisle's in 2011. Frankly, Avery Johnson could have coached the Heat to a championship during last years lockout season.

If we get CP3/D12 it's because they know Carlisle can coach them to multiple championships.
I'd argue that Ginobili is no longer a superstar. He's playing off the bench and I'd bet he retires after this season. I'd also argue that San Antonio actually has the deeper roster.

We won't get both CP3 and D12. I'm not sure why so many think Carlisle with any lineup is some type of guarantee of multiple championships. He's won one in his career. Poppovich is the only active coach with multiple championships. In fact, there are only 4 actives coaches in the NBA which have won a championship and in the history of the NBA is actually pretty rare for a coach to win more than 1. Now do I like our chances with CP3 or D12? Certainly much better than what we've trotted out the last 2 years! Looking forward to the offseason, but not going to set myself up for disappointment when we miss on the CP3 and D12 lottery...
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #218
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You know that the Malice in the Palice probably costed RC another championship?

That was a great great team...
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #219
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...ad-free-agency

Wonder who the third team is...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #220
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
You can bet that third team wasn't the Mavs, seeing as how everyone loooooves talking about Mark Cuban getting fined.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-11-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #221
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not Sacramento, I'll be shocked.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...w-kings-coach/
Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #222
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

For sure not Cuban, he's learned his lesson and when fined by the NBA always makes a matching charitable donation. It would've been publicized.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #223
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You know that the Malice in the Palice probably costed RC another championship?

That was a great great team...
True, but would he have been available to us if he did win that championship? Older squad with Reggie, could they have won another. He was also with Detroit if I remember correctly, Larry Brown back doored his way to Detroit.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #224
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If it's not Sacramento, I'll be shocked.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...w-kings-coach/
Yep.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...arges/2409499/
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Those teams are going to be under a LOT of scrutiny if FAs decide to sign there, perhaps even facing harsher penalties even if their stupid publicity stunts were no part of the FA's decision.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #226
sefant77
Guru

Its multiple sources Broussard but...

Quote:
@SportsCener: DEVELOPING: Doc Rivers believes it "may be time for a change" in his status as Celtics coach, source told @Chris_Broussard.
It would be pretty bad seeing him leave and maybe sign with Clippers or Lakers. Both would take him in a heartbeat.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #227
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

FWIW, I read somewhere that Dwight made less money in sponsorships Thai year than he did in ORL. Probably a good amount attributed to he nonsense, but I think when you are the guy for a market, rather than being diluted in the major markets by other stars you can make much more money. That being said, I doubt that thought process occurs in most athletes minds..
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #228
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Its multiple sources Broussard but...

It would be pretty bad seeing him leave and maybe sign with Clippers or Lakers. Both would take him in a heartbeat.
That would suck if he went to the Clippers, but I guess the Clips would do anything to keep Paul anyway. Meaning that if it isn't Rivers, then it will be someone who Paul will most likely be comfortable with.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #229
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Can an NBA HC do that, walk away from a contract, then sign one up with another team immediately? He has 3 years 21 million left on his Celtics deal.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #230
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Can an NBA HC do that, walk away from a contract, then sign one up with another team immediately? He has 3 years 21 million left on his Celtics deal.

The team he's signed with has to release him from his contract. In some cases teams will negotiate some sort of compensation for the team that's losing the coach (i.e. draft picks).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #231
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

One disappointing season with a Rondo injury and Rivers is on the outs? Sheesh. They were in the Finals 3 years ago and the ECF last year.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #232
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
One disappointing season with a Rondo injury and Rivers is on the outs? Sheesh. They were in the Finals 3 years ago and the ECF last year.
He knows what his team is and doesn't wanna rebuild.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #233
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Wasn't he iffy about coming back last season too? I think it all comes down to the return date of Rondo and if they can get a pg to fill in while he is out.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #234
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't just Rondo. Year before last Ray Allen left. At the trade deadline they were trying to move Pierce. Pierce still might not be back with the Celtics. And Garnett is 50/50 on retiring this summer. Even if doesn't he is on his last legs.

Doc rode the Big 3 + Rondo for a few years but I imagine he doesn't want to go through the damage after the breakup.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #235
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
It isn't just Rondo. Year before last Ray Allen left. At the trade deadline they were trying to move Pierce. Pierce still might not be back with the Celtics. And Garnett is 50/50 on retiring this summer. Even if doesn't he is on his last legs.

Doc rode the Big 3 + Rondo for a few years but I imagine he doesn't want to go through the damage after the breakup.
Allen left due to bad blood, they tried to unload him. I think Pierce KG are tied at the hip, it'll be a collective decision on their part, I think Ainge is waiting for that....though all this Rivers talks makes it moot if he steps down.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #236
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Caught the better half of broussard discussing on ESPN about Paul and Howard joining forces. The only team I heard him discuss was the clippers.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #237
BGMaverick9
Guru

If they're teaming up, Atlanta makes the most sense, with Dallas closely behind them.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #238
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Caught the better half of broussard discussing on ESPN about Paul and Howard joining forces. The only team I heard him discuss was the clippers.
That's impossible, seeing as how the Clippers will be over the cap if they re-sign Chris Paul.

Chris Paul $18.7m
Blake Griffin $16.4m
DeAndre Jordan $10m
Caron Butler $8m
Jamal Crawford $5.2m
Eric Bledsoe 2.6m

TOTAL: $60.9m, with a cap of $58-60m.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-14-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #239
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wasn't he iffy about coming back last season too? I think it all comes down to the return date of Rondo and if they can get a pg to fill in while he is out.
Yeah, he's been waffling for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I get that, but that's not my point.

It's kind of a chickensh*t move to be honest. This is a coach who, in the last five years, has won an NBA Finals, an EC championship, and has another ECF appearance. They haven't even missed the playoffs yet and he's already planning his exit strategy? Not to mention he signed a big extension a couple years ago knowing that his core was aging and wouldn't be around much longer. Now he wants to get paid a buyout and go coach the Clippers to get paid twice?

I've always liked Doc, but it's kinda bush league.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #240
sefant77
Guru

New CBA help please:

I know that a team over the cap (like Nets) cant receive Dwight (or anyone else) in a S&T (Lakers re-sign and ship him to Brooklyn for Lopez etc doesnt work).

Now i read this:
Quote:
Sources say a trade package centered around Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe for Howard could be possible.
Clippers are under the cap (so no problem like the Nets would have) but the Lakers are over it. The Lakers could S&T Dwight to another team?

Last edited by sefant77; 06-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.