Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default philly vs dallas thread

predictions? thoughts?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Injury reports

Philadelphia Eagles
Probable LB Keith Adams (concussion); QB Donovan McNabb (leg/thumb); T Jon Runyan (back); DT Corey Simon (back); TE L.J. Smith (rib); CB Troy Vincent (hamstring); LB Nate Wayne (hip); DE Brandon Whiting (hamstring)

Questionable RB Correll Buckhalter (knee); G Jermane Mayberry (elbow); CB Bobby Taylor (foot)
Doubtful DE Jerome McDougle (ankle)

Out S Brian Dawkins (foot)

Dallas Cowboys
Questionable TE James Whalen (leg)
Doubtful TE Jason Witten (jaw)

Advantage Cowboys.
I feel good about this game. The Eagles pass rush is nowhere near where it's been the past few years. They try to blitz you into submission, but the 3 pro bowlers in their secondary are on the injured report. Quincy and the receiving core needs to make them pay.

On defense we have to stop the run. They've run the ball well this year so it should be a test for out tackles and linebackers. No secret that McNabb has struggled, so we need to force him to make plays.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Dallas will be 4-1
Old 10-10-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

for the cowboys to win, qcar may need to put up 300 yards passing. against a blitzing defense and a hobbled secondary,that's definitely possible. you have to make them pay when they bring the house.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this game could very well be decided by the attitude of our receivers. If they are aggressive and go to the ball....I mean refuse to let the Eagles DB's/Safetys near the dadgum ball....go after everything, it could be a fun game for the Cowboys. The blitz is coming. There is no disputing that. It is going to be relentless. if the Cowboys can block even for just a split second and the receivers bring their testicles to the game, the Cowboys could be 4-1 on Sunday afternoon.

edit--> Prediction: Eagles win 27-17. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #5
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I gave an early prediction, but I've changed my tune.

24-17

Cowboy's plus 7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My earlier prediction was based on the team that the Eagles had last season, but after comparing teams stats, and doing alittle research I can see Qunicy having a good game against this Eagles defense. I'm still sticking with my keys to the game for Dallas.

Defense
Dallas has to stop the ground attack, and not let McNabb & Staley rack up 300+ yards rushing

Offense
This will be the biggest key to the game for Dallas ; will Quincy have the needed protection from this offensive line to put up good numbers passing, and Hambrick has to have a solid effort of 100+ yards for that pass rush to go away

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:34 PM   #6
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: philly vs dallas thread

What do you mean, if the recievers go to the ball Drbio?
Old 10-10-2003, 03:35 PM   #7
QCarFan
Golden Member

And my prediction by the way is, Cowboys win!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:34 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
And my prediction by the way is, Cowboys win!
shocker.[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
What do you mean, if the recievers go to the ball Drbio?
Did you ever play organized ball? Just curious.

OK...here is what I mean. A good defensive blitzing team like the Eagles can make a quarterbacks day very miserable. When the blitz is on, receivers must do their best to get into the passing lanes. Quite often during a blitz, the QB doesn't have the time or escapability (even a Qunicy type runner) to get off a pass normally. It often results in shorter thrown balls. The receivers are all aware of this I am sure, but they must commit to coming back towards the quarterback, otherwise, we will see possible interceptions or a boatload of underthrown passes. Either that or Qok is going to have to throw rainmakers out of bounds.

Of course, the best way to stop the constant blitz that is being expected is to have Hambrick bust off a few nice runs and make them respect the run. We'll see.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

21-14 Cowboys:

Quincy goes for 300+ while Hambrick racks up over 90 yards rushing.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

yep...a good running game will slow down the blitzes.

and yeah, the receivers must also recognize their blitz and run their "hot routes" so that the boys can take advantage of the blitzing eagles.

you 'might' even see a receiver screen or two. be on the lookout for that.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure if the run will be good against eagles. Their secondary, as murph pointed, is a suspect with all those injuries. Also Patriots sacked Mc Nabb 5 times which means we need a good game from Glover and Co. I am sure Woody and Willy will do a great job in the secondary.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:24 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

One note is that troy vincent is expected to be back so the blitz of the eagles should be at least more effective then it has thus far this season. I like the cowboys in this one. The recieving core known as tag will be a hard cover for the eagles secondary. The key is to make philly pay with big plays down the field and thus far the cowboys have had their share of big plays.

Cowboys 21- Philly 17. The cowboys win in a nailbiter to halt the six game losing streak to the eagles. One other important note is that the cowboys have had six different qbs quarterback those losses. Quincy has confidence and if hes decisive he should be good.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:34 PM   #14
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Dallas 24
Philly 17

Quincy will have a good game. 300+ 2TD's 1 INT
Hambrick will get plenty of carries 25 but not much yardage 50-60
Roy will make the play that turns the game into the Cowboys.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #15
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I can go with that prediction 211.

I see the cowboys running for 100 yards again, but with all of their weapons, not just T-Ham.

Dallas wins, and puts the rest of the NFL on notice!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:18 AM   #16
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I think the Cowboys lose, pretty big. They've beat up on bad teams all year. If you saw the Philly and Wash. game last week Philly still has a pass rush. The cowboys will come back to reality this week. 35-17 Eagles.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:30 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

well, i wouldn't say that the giants are a bad team. yes, a couple of their wins were versus teams they should beat, but you can only play the teams that are on your schedule...and the giants are definitely a solid team
Old 10-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #18
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I realize you can only play the teams on your schedule, but it's tough to get ready to play a very good team when three out of the four teams you have played are bottom five teams. Also, the Eagles have handed it to the Cowboys the last several years, I don't think the Boy's have improved enough to top the Eagles. I want them to win, but I just don't think they can.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I definitely think that this is a game the Cowboys can win. The key will be in not beating themselves.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Derek Ross is back and I hear he is looking pretty good in warmups.

1996-2005
Old 10-12-2003, 11:59 AM   #21
QCarFan
Golden Member

Lets go Cowboys
Old 10-12-2003, 12:02 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

cowboys, 27-17

ross is the best CB the cowboys have IMO at this time. it'll be nice to have him back
Old 10-12-2003, 12:05 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Willl somebody tell Ried that we now have a coach who prepares us to play!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:05 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

TOUCHDOWN!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:05 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

well, nice start
Old 10-12-2003, 12:06 PM   #26
QCarFan
Golden Member

COWBOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 10-12-2003, 12:06 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

looks like i got my prediction in just in time.. nice start
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 12:07 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Can someone inform me to why would you kick a onside kick at the beginning of the game against the best ranked offense in the league? Thats just too much of a risk.

1996-2005
Old 10-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #29
QCarFan
Golden Member

DAMN Dex almost had another, Lets go D
Old 10-12-2003, 12:09 PM   #30
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It was almost ANOTHER touchdown. If Coakley had been looking for the ball...
Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #31
QCarFan
Golden Member

i thought derek ross was ready, why is hunter in the game?
Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

The Williams TD has to be among the fastest in NFL history.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #33
QCarFan
Golden Member

ROYYYYYY WILLIAMSSSSS
Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #34
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

FFM, they were trying to catch us off guard. Looks like that didn't work at all.
NICE SACK ROY!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:11 PM   #35
MFFL
Guru

Good sack by Williams.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

let's give Greg Ellis some love.. he got the initial pressure that led to the sack
but, good job of williams of being there right after him

Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM   #37
QCarFan
Golden Member

i was thinking the same thing dirno2000, what was it 3secs? and with his speed, the eagles can forget about catching him
Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM   #38
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
The Williams TD has to be among the fastest in NFL history.
It might be THE fastest TD in history. The ball barely moved and Williams only ran 40 some yards.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
let's give Greg Ellis some love.. he got the initial pressure that led to the sack
but, good job of williams of being there right after him
Greg Ellis is a hoss.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:13 PM   #40
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
FFM, they were trying to catch us off guard. Looks like that didn't work at all.
NICE SACK ROY!
Seems stupid to me. Seems like the Cowboys actually knew what was going to happen. Randall made a veteran like play there.

1996-2005