Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-04-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers

The 10-8 thread is great, but the record will obviously be changing......for the better.

The Rangers are hotter than ever and the youth movement is producing results.

Do you love Hammerin' Hank Blalock?

Do you belive in Benoit, Lewis, Dickey, Rogers et al?

Does Lance Nix excite you with play?

Can you believe the Rangers 7,8, and 9 hitters have the highest combined batting average of any three positions in baseball at over .315?

How long will it last?

Chime in with Ranger love.....

This team is exciting.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

It sure doesn't hurt when you have eight every-day players batting over .300. Fullmer is the only Ranger hitting below 300 who's played in over half the games.

Just wait until Texeria breaks out!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

I believe in Benoit, Dicky and Rogers...i havent seen Lewis pitch and i think Drese has a lot of potential....if we could only trade Park lol

Between Nix, Young, Blalock, Teixeria, Soriano, Mench and Laird(who just won AL Rookie of the Month) we have got quite the young nucleaus
Old 05-04-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

My apologies for all the bad things I said about the Rangers management before the season began. I am still not a huge fan of how it went down with ARod or of Hicks and Hart. But man, this team is awesome to watch. They are FUN.

This team, with a couple of pitchers, could be something really special.

Rogers is pitching like he is 28 instead of 38. Cordero is coming around as a closer.
What can you say about Hank, Young, Soriano, Laird. When Gonzalez is here permanently at 1st and Tex is moved to Right, and outfield of Texeria, Nix, and Mench....good grief.

The young pitchers are coming around. If they could move Chan Ho, and get Zimmerman and Greers contracts off the books; they would have the ability and nucleus to be VERY GOOD for years.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I hope we are not jinxing the Rangers. I just Randy say it on Radio, tonite it will be Chan Ho on the mound.

Randy Added

" When it is HO,
You really don't Know."
Old 05-04-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I hope we are not jinxing the Rangers. I just Randy say it on Radio, tonite it will be Chan Ho on the mound.

Randy Added

" When it is HO,
You really don't Know."
I hate Chan Ho park. He has not won a game at home since 2002.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #7
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Randy Added

" When it is HO,
You really don't Know."
that is funny.

He IS a HO! This guy must still throw a good fastball once in a blue moon or something. Could we please bring someone else up from the minors and send him back down?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:19 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

On the discussion of Chan Ho Park... when Colby Lewis is ready to return from the injured list if Park isn't sent down to the minors then Showalter has no huevos, no cajones.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I must say I am impressed with the Rangers this season. I'm not very much of a baseball fan but boy are these rangers fun to watch.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Their youth and potential equate to a sense of HOPE for the future. That's what makes them exciting.

When you go to the ballpark now, you can see a team that is performing above expectation. You see a team that has the "potential" of playing even better than they are already. That's a function of their unknown quality and the newness of the season.

As a fan we want to cling to that HOPE. Enjoy this season as long as it lasts. I know I will.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #11
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

ALMOST won last night, great game. I have tickets to may 8th game vs. Tigers, it'll be good to see Pudge back at the Ballpark....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:08 PM   #12
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Watching "Can't Throw" Park pitch is like getting teeth pulled. How many more chances is that momentum stopper going to get?

Oh well, he's the last of the rotten contracts.....
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:37 PM   #13
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
On the discussion of Chan Ho Park... when Colby Lewis is ready to return from the injured list if Park isn't sent down to the minors then Showalter has no huevos, no cajones.
He gets paid too much to be in AAA...maybe u move him to the bullpen??
Old 05-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Chan Homer out of the Park is a craptacular wonder.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Park only gave up 3 runs in 5 2/3 innings. I'll take that from him every game. It's much better than what the rangers have gotten from him the past couple of years. Plus, he did leave with the lead.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Park only gave up 3 runs in 5 2/3 innings. I'll take that from him every game. It's much better than what the rangers have gotten from him the past couple of years. Plus, he did leave with the lead.
Sure, given all things he did fine against the Devil Rays. His velocity was even up there. I still say given a choice between Lewis and Park that Lewis wins out every time.

I don't think he would be very effective from the bull pen but if that's what it takes to get him out of the rotation then so be it.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #17
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

He might be doing better than what he ever did with Rangers before but he had close to 90 pitches by end of 4th and that is not is what I want from him.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:54 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's obvious that he's not where the Rangers want him to be. No, I'm not satisfied or happy with what he gave the Rangers last night or so far in the season. But, at least it's somewhat of a positive start.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:41 AM   #19
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

We ended our losing streak of one game! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

In the last 12 Ranger games not started by Chan Ho Park, Texas starters sport an ERA of 2.30 (20 earned runs in 78.1 innings). Only once in that span did the starter permit more than three earned runs, when Rogers surrendered four to Kansas City in a 5-3 loss on April 28.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:05 AM   #21
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
ALMOST won last night, great game. I have tickets to may 8th game vs. Tigers, it'll be good to see Pudge back at the Ballpark....
I hope you and all Rangers fans there give "Pudge" the standing ovation he deserves.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Hey guys...how bout Laird coming on and saving once was a HORRIBLE trade with Oakland for Pena? That trade is swaying back in the Rangers favor with Lairds emergance. And also, Cordero showing signs of being a dominant closer is making that trade with the Tigers look like a steal!!!

I'm praying we go ahead and sign Cordero to a long term deal like we have with some of out other good young players. Who thinks Mike Young has a good shot at being an All-Star this year. With Jeter off to a slow start and Nomar injured you could argue that Texas STILL has the best SS in baseball. I love our core group of young players in Nix, Blaylock, Teixera, Young, Mench, Laird, and even Soriano gets me excited watching him play. I didnt think he would fit in long term with this team but he has proven me wrong. You would have to think our infield is set here for a long time. I also think Nix and Mench will be long term answers in the corner outfield. I hope that Nivar develops in at centerfield. Can you imagine his speed added to this offense?

Pitching?

We still have a long ways to go here. Rogers won't be around much longer than maybe this year and next. It looks like Dickey is a keeper and Drese looks very promising. Can't wait to see Lewis back in the rotation.. I'm all for shelving Chan Ho and setting our rotation with Rogers, Dickey, Drese, Benoit, and Lewis when he comes back. I can live with that young rotation all year...

This team does play an exciting brand of baseball that is fun to watch. I'm the first to say that I was wrong about this team and how much hustle and heart we would see out of them this year. And yes, I will be back at the "BALL PARK" (not Ameriquest) this summer with my boy and show him how baseball should be played.

GO RANGERS!!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Trading Pena was horrible? At the time it was easy to say that....now....he's done absolutely nothing. We reamed Oakland on that one.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely ridiculous game going on right now. I tuned in & saw it was 14-4 Tigers top of the 5th & I was like, well I can go ahead & do something else. So I checked Yahoo later & it was still the 5th & somehow the score is tied. That's right, they answered a 8-run top of an inning w/a 10-run bottom.

15-14 Detroit in the 6th now. Unbelievable.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:06 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

This game is fun. The 2nd inning was unbelievable. Michael Young is money with runners in scoring position.

Baseball in North Texas is fun again!!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Absolutely ridiculous game going on right now. I tuned in & saw it was 14-4 Tigers top of the 5th & I was like, well I can go ahead & do something else. So I checked Yahoo like 15, 20 minutes later & it's still the 5th & somehow the score is tied. That's right, they answered a 8-run top of an inning w/a 10-run bottom.

15-14 Detroit in the 6th now. Unbelievable.
Make that 15-15
Old 05-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #27
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

16-15 Rangers win...........THAAA Rangers win
Old 05-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #28
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

WHOO-HOO! Awesomeness.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, that was a nice win..who's up for a post game keg of beer?
Old 05-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #30
Jamisonite
Golden Member

ill join ya with that murph
Old 05-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #31
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm kinda mad I was watching basketball instead of this game. Oh well, I have good seats for tomorrow's game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:20 AM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

great game by the rangers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...keep it up T

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:27 AM   #33
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Ok, let's pass those 1st place Angels....off to Tampa Bay tonight
Old 05-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #34
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Good win by Tejas, they still havent managed to lose 2 in a row, excellent!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Good win by Tejas, they still havent managed to lose 2 in a row, excellent!
Game 1 & 2?
Old 05-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #36
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

My apologies...been meaning to post in this thread for some time but when the surprising Rangers took it to my Sox so badly a while back I just lost all motivation.

I was bitter (still am) but the Rangers are looking pretty good this year....still don't see them winning more than 80-85 games though.

I think Michael Young is one of the most underrated players in the league....so happy I have him on my fantasy team!
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:43 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Perhaps the biggest thing I miss out of Juan Gonzalez is the accurate cannon of an arm that he has. That guy's accuracy and arm strength combination is totally freaky.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #38
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

Great win tonite...beating the Damn Yankees...hopefully they can prove that they can fight through the rough spots...like they have been going through lately. I am down in the Rio Grande Valley for a few weeks, so I was really excited tonite that they FINALLY showed a Ranger game....ESPECIALLY this one....of course....that HR by Alex had me screaming a few obcenities (sp?) but a win is a win. AND that homer by Lance...woohoo...incredible..there's nothing that turns me on like a 420 ft home run. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:09 AM   #39
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I'm not a huge baseball fan, so I don't really watch the games, but I tuned into the first inning so I could see the A-Rod reaction. When all those boos hit, I said to my roommate that it would be hilarious if he hit a homerun to shut everyone up. Lo and behold, he did just that.

And boy did I laugh. Glad the Rangers got the win though.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:40 PM   #40
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

francisco's stuff in the 7th last night was pure nasty.

97mph heat, then followed up with an 84+ off speed stuff.

striking out the heart of the yankees order. holy crap.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote