Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-22-2004, 04:16 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Cordero came in and gave up a couple of very soft hits, but he was hitting 98-99.
Great job by the francisco's..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2004, 10:39 AM   #42
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Great way to open a long road trip with a opening win over the Chi-Sox. It looks like Tex is coming out of his slow start and Rogers looks as consistent as ever. It looks like Kenny and Drese are the two guys going really good right now. Lets dump Chan Ho's but on the IR and give some other young thrower a chance. I wish Dominguez would quickly come up with another pitch so he could be in the rotation.

Great start anyway...GO RANGERS!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #43
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Is really not a good sign that I actually sort of celebrated in my head when they said Chan Ho might go on the DL. (I mean, I don't wish injury on anyone, but this is for the best.) I'm so tired of dealing w/him. I'm so glad Kenny is solid at least & I'm really liking what Drese is showing. Looks like they've caught the injury bug. Although you know who looks good? Barajas...
Old 05-27-2004, 06:54 AM   #44
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

4-0 loss, and a ugly one at that...9 more road games in a row. Time to step up!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Juan Dominguez for getting his first major league win today.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Congrats to Juan Dominguez for getting his first major league win today.
Dominguez has some serious potential....I would have loved for this guy to stay in the minors a little longer to mature....but if they say hes ready...lets see what hes got!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:38 PM   #47
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

That was a nice win the Rangers had against the Yanks...I really wish they hadn't lost yesterday though
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:02 AM   #48
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

It really looks like we may have two solid pieces for the future in Dominguez and Drese. Even though Drese lost, he put in a SOLID effort against the Yanks. Two great signs for the future!!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #49
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
It really looks like we may have two solid pieces for the future in Dominguez and Drese. Even though Drese lost, he put in a SOLID effort against the Yanks. Two great signs for the future!!
And we still have yet to see our "best" pitcher come out of triple A. At the beginning of the season all signs were pointing to Ricardo Rodriguez being our #1 pitcher in 3A but he has been injured. He makes his first start soon and we will evaluate him off of that. We could be seeing this guy throw in the majors very soon
Old 06-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

go rangers......gotta admit i did not see this upswing coming!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-11-2004, 12:11 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sweep double header with the pirats.....nice.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Pie-rats.

That was a nice sweep. The 9-7 game was a little troublesome defensively, but the Rangers are starting to show a little swagger. Tex and Blalock are really starting to bloom.

Did any of you see that Tex bomb into the upper deck at Yankee stadium last week? WOW!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #53
sike
The Preacha

Young/Blalock/Tex..... is there a better young trio in the league? american or national

Old 06-11-2004, 02:43 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

As I said in my pm sike.....throw in Soriano and HOLY COW!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #55
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This Cards series could be really good.

Grand slam by Fullmer last night. He's starting to get hot finally. He moves around & fidgets more than anyone I've ever seen, heh.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Young/Blalock/Tex..... is there a better young trio in the league? american or national
It won't be long before you're throwing in Nix. That guy plays one hell of a center field, and he consistently hits frozen ropes.

I love double headers. That was awesome last night. However, I hate the rainouts that cause double headers. Off days are overrated.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #57
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Nix is $. I am very pleased with almost ALL of the young pitching we have seen this year, and these guys arn't even the "good" prospects we have all throughout the double and single A teams
Old 06-21-2004, 03:00 AM   #58
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Nice sweep of the defending world champs
Old 06-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #59
sike
The Preacha

any sweep is a good sweep......

Old 06-22-2004, 11:07 PM   #60
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

As peter griffin would say holy crap. The rangers are in first place and its not the begining of the season. Drese was great tonight with 8 strong innings giving up 4 hits. Man has he been good. Young was big with his triple in the sixth , and rod barajas has 10 home runs. This is by far the most fun watching these kids develop and contend this year.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:23 AM   #61
sike
The Preacha

as peter griffin would say, "duty, hehehehehehe" the young guns just keep on blazin!

Old 06-23-2004, 03:02 AM   #62
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

they are really fun to watch, and the piching has gotten better by leaps and bounds from unexpected places.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:17 AM   #63
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

As Quagmire would say, "gigadee, gigadee. Go Rangers!...and does this look like a Q? How bout now?"
Old 06-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #64
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...Rangers are in first place again...thats awesome.

I hope they can keep it up. They have a 14-game road trip coming up right before the all-star break.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 06-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #65
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Drese is looking more and more like a front of the rotation pitcher. Maybe even a solid #2 starter. What's gotten in to Rod? 10 HR's? WOW, that guy has produced bigtime. Great start with the win over a HOT Seattle team and it's fun to see the Angels and the A's just pick each other off. Can't wait to get Nix back in the fold in the outfield...it's looking pretty bleek out there right now.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:41 PM   #66
ames7
Diamond Member

Man this is a crazy sports day in Dallas. All the trade/draft madness w/the Mavs, the Stars have resigned Arnott & Klemm, & Rangers/Mariners Game 3 is into the 14th inning. The Rangers rallied back from down 5-1 at one point & Rod Barajas has 2 HRs. That's the fourth game in a row he's homered & he now has more HRs this season than his last 4 combined.

Mariners have 2 on, 2 out in the 14th now. Mahay pitching. Cordero's already been used.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:00 PM   #67
ames7
Diamond Member

Soriano hits a 2-run walkoff HR in the 18th--the 18th!--& win it. 6 in a row & a sweep! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Let's Go Rangers!

edited after reading the game story: It was the longest game of the season so far, 5 hrs 47 min, which is 43 min longer than the first 2 games of the series combined. Lucky it was an early game, huh? And one other thing: Soriano's HR was off Jamie Moyer, who was scheduled to start tomorrow but I guess Seattle ran out of relievers. It is also Brian Shouse's first win in 112 career games. Yay! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

greatness...this team is learning how to win.....and not just by swinging for the fences like Rangers teams gone by.....
what is the streak now??? 6 games?

Old 06-25-2004, 10:41 PM   #69
ames7
Diamond Member

7 now. Complete game 3-hitter for Kenny & he's the first to win 10 games in the AL. Man, this would be a fun series to go to. Beltran was 2-4.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:02 PM   #70
Drbio
Banned

Kenny was awesome tonight. 90 stinking pitches in a complete game 3 hitter.

He was hammering his marks tonight.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:11 PM   #71
ames7
Diamond Member

So important he made it the whole way too since they spent their entire bullpen yesterday w/the 18-innings game. Wasdin was who they would have brought in if Kenny hadn't been on. He really came through.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #72
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Inspiring performance from Kenny.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #73
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

That makes it 8 in a row now!

Hank Blalock was HUGE in this one. 4-5, 2 doubles and the go ahead homerun.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:40 PM   #74
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Inspiring performance from Kenny.

Whoelse has won 10 games this season :

Roger Clemens - not a bad company after all.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

dreese is looking like he may turn into a real player...wouldnt that be nice...a Ranger's young guy who developed into something more than another teams star [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #76
ames7
Diamond Member

Yeah, complete game today, even though they lost. He's becoming more consistent.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:50 PM   #77
mary
Troll Hunter

Anaheim and Oakland also lost today, giving the Rangers a 2 game cushion for first place headed into their 14 game road trip before the all-star game.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:59 PM   #78
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

F*&%in Benoit needs to be put on waivers or traded, he is the weakest link by far. Over a 6.00 ERA and we continue to start him. Rodriguez needs to step into his slot.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:39 AM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Give him Wasdin's spot in the rotation, but don't give up on Benoit yet.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #80
Drbio
Banned

Kenny Rogers last night became the first man in the majors wiht 11 wins in the 9-6 victory over Seattle.

Tex and Hammerin' Hank both homered. Hank's was beautiful.