Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default zZZz..

i dont know about ya'll but this has got to be the longest offseason i have ever endured during the mavs prestigious and storied history..

i just cant wait for the season to start lol..

the football season usually helps out but you've got to admit, there is extra anticipation this year =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:zZZz..

agreed

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

My feelings exactly. Now back to sleep... zZZz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: zZZz..

I thought we had got Zo.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it was so action packed and exciting from June 24th to August 24th that it is really draining me now with no news.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 PM   #6
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

yea...this waiting BS sucks
GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:25 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lets just hope and pray.. this wait will be all worth it lol

finley as 6th man of the year.. has such a good ring to it doesnt it even though i know nellie will never bench finley.. mike is probably my favorite maverick and i love the guy but all i want to see is picturing him going up against bench players playing sg and sf positions for the other team sigh.. be honest though, mike would tear up anybody's 2nd team unit especially with devin, fin, howard, dirk, booth.. that could be our first team almost wow.. by the end of the year the mavs shouldnt have a starting five anymore, but a starting nine =p

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #8
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
lets just hope and pray.. this wait will be all worth it lol

finley as 6th man of the year.. has such a good ring to it doesnt it even though i know nellie will never bench finley.. mike is probably my favorite maverick and i love the guy but all i want to see is picturing him going up against bench players playing sg and sf positions for the other team sigh.. be honest though, mike would tear up anybody's 2nd team unit especially with devin, fin, howard, dirk, booth.. that could be our first team almost wow.. by the end of the year the mavs shouldnt have a starting five anymore, but a starting nine =p
Although I'm sure Fin would tear up any team's 2nd unit, I still want him starting for this team. We need his outside shooting. 2nd teams can also be torn apart by Stack, Devin, Daniels, etc.

And btw, how could you have Booth starting over Damp and Bradley? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

My preferred starting 5: Terry, Finley, JHo, Dirk and Damp.
But since Nellie is more fond of Daniels' offense than JHo's defense, I have a feeling the starting 5 would be: Terry, Daniels, Finley, Dirk and Damp.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

zzzzzz
Old 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #10
alby
Guru

that was my starting 2nd unit =]

Contact Me
Old 09-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #11
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

how good is stack's d?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 PM   #12
alby
Guru

i think everybody's defense as a whole will be drastically better just because we have an enforcer to protect the basket now..

Contact Me
Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #13
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

I hope that Stack and Daniels are on even ground come training camp. The one that plays better in camp and preseason should be the starter.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:15 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
I hope that Stack and Daniels are on even ground come training camp. The one that plays better in camp and preseason should be the starter.
both Donnie and Cuban have implied that Daniels will get the nod and that they invision Stack as off the bench scoring.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:22 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

this offseason's gone by pretty fast to me. It seems like there's always something to talk about like shaq's trade, Tmac's trade, Kobe, Dallas, Dampier, Nash's selling out, etc. Although it has been kinda slow after dampier signed.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
this offseason's gone by pretty fast to me.
you must simply be a transcendent being.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #17
alby
Guru

im still not won over by quis.. i hope hes as good as you all make him out to be =\ stack on the other hand, we know what he is capable of.. hes been doing it for years..

Contact Me
Old 09-13-2004, 08:07 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Stack has inconsistently shooting for his whole career. His best asset is getting to the line.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
im still not won over by quis.. i hope hes as good as you all make him out to be =\ stack on the other hand, we know what he is capable of.. hes been doing it for years..
Stack is currently a better player than Daniels....but Q has in his favor is the ownership and front office seem to support him starting and Stack filling it up off the bench ala Jamison last year and NVE before him.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 AM   #20
alby
Guru

and we all know jamison should have started last year...

nash/fin/jamison/walk/dirk

but nah.. i guess you need that instant offense off the bench.. but do you think stack will easily accept his role as jamison did last year and nve the year before.. jamison did come to dallas thinking he was goin to start, right up until walker came in sigh..

just think..
nash/fin/jamison/dirk/raef

Contact Me
Old 09-14-2004, 11:34 AM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

I still cry black pearls with the

Nash
Finley
Jamison
Dirk
Dampier

regional dream team.

HEY! We still lack a good hard board rebounder PF backup.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #22
alby
Guru

that team would have won the gold in athens.. lol dreams =]

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Playing for the USA, Germany, or Canada? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]