Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #241
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Now, this Humphries kid...I never saw that coming. WOW. He looks like a rotation player for sure.

Let's just say that Rick Carlisle has more options than a Barry Switzer wishbone offense!!
You don't remember this kid back in the Jazz? I always wondered where he went, he was always very good, and played some heady basketball. I'm glad we have him, he's a bull.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #242
Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 is on a distinguished road

Can jawai go down to the NBDL league???????????
Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #243
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Yes, he can.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #244
Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 is on a distinguished road

Then to save a roster spot and get Jawai into shape they need to send him to the NBDL.
Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #245
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
Then to save a roster spot and get Jawai into shape they need to send him to the NBDL.
So move Jawaii to the DL, and get rid of Shawne however possible. Cut him, release him, buy him out, whatever (which does it have to be?)

That makes us a line up of:

Gooden/Damp/Voskuhl
Dirk/Hump/Tim Thomas
Matrix/Ross/Singleton
Josh/JET/Carroll
Kidd/JJB/RoddyB

That's one damned deep team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #246
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Even on the DLeague he will count as a roster spot. 2 must go.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #247
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Even on the DLeague he will count as a roster spot. 2 must go.
Damn, then I say Shawne and Jawaii. Jawaii hasn't done crap this preseason, and at least Voskuhl has, and he has experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #248
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Jawai has gotten about 4 minutes of playtime this preseason. He hasn't been given the time to showcase what he's got, if anything....

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #249
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

If Jawaii had anything ready to play at the NBA level, then you've got to think the coaches would give him a chance to show it.

Since they haven't, I assume he's a pretty raw project, at best.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #250
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Jawai doesnt have anything now and he isnt a great prospect for the future either. He doesnt have great size for a center and his athleticism is below par. He can improve conditioning to be at least on par with NBA players but he will still lack any sort of physical gift that would make him promising.

As it is he has a bullish game that depends on outmuscling his opponent. The only problem is that in the NBA he isnt all that comparatively strong and he will be called for offensive fouls almost every time for pushing off. He may be called baby Shaq, but Shaq had unbelievable footwork and dexterity (plus amazing size) as well as getting in good with refs for all the BS call he got in his prime.

I like Jawai and I want him to succeed but I'm 100% certain he isnt a right-now guy (what can he contribute this year?) and I'm 99% certain he will never be a contributing Mavs player. M'Benga at least had size and athleticism. Jawai just seems like a nice doughy guy that is destined to play well in foreign leagues.

And as SS said, if he had shown anything in practice he most certainly would have been given more minutes to showcase. Voskuhl has played 8 mpg in 4 games. Beaubois who we want to showcase has been given 13.6mpg in 5 games. Jawai has seen the floor for 8minutes and has only been seen in one game (of all the meaningless pre-season games)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #251
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Jawai doesnt have anything now and he isnt a great prospect for the future either. He doesnt have great size for a center and his athleticism is below par. He can improve conditioning to be at least on par with NBA players but he will still lack any sort of physical gift that would make him promising.

As it is he has a bullish game that depends on outmuscling his opponent. The only problem is that in the NBA he isnt all that comparatively strong and he will be called for offensive fouls almost every time for pushing off. He may be called baby Shaq, but Shaq had unbelievable footwork and dexterity (plus amazing size) as well as getting in good with refs for all the BS call he got in his prime.

I like Jawai and I want him to succeed but I'm 100% certain he isnt a right-now guy (what can he contribute this year?) and I'm 99% certain he will never be a contributing Mavs player. M'Benga at least had size and athleticism. Jawai just seems like a nice doughy guy that is destined to play well in foreign leagues.

And as SS said, if he had shown anything in practice he most certainly would have been given more minutes to showcase. Voskuhl has played 8 mpg in 4 games. Beaubois who we want to showcase has been given 13.6mpg in 5 games. Jawai has seen the floor for 8minutes and has only been seen in one game (of all the meaningless pre-season games)
Let me ask you...is Voskuhl really worth spending around 3.4 million to get him with Jawaii's buyout and his vet min including tax? Nope. Voskuhl is a fine 3rd stringer....but not for that price. Might as well keep Jawaii.

Plus, Shawn Williams is still a factor here if a buyout can't be reached. Jawaii might be the odd man out anyway.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-18-2009 at 07:51 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #252
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Not saying the money is worth it, just saying that Voskuhl is a legitimate backup who could actually come in and play at 7'. He's also a guy that would feel comfortable with a 15th man role on the team. He's a good fit here.

The only issue is the money/CBA, and I could see that being a real turnoff for Cuban even if he does think this is the year. I highly doubt we see Voskuhl on the roster-- I could see him on the Suns or Rockets, but amongst Williams, Singleton, Jawai and Voskuhl, the obvious choice in my opinion is Voskuhl
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dammit dammit, dammit horse, dammit tags