Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #201
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

"What this team needs is a player who will be primarily be able to break down the D off the dribble. "

Kevin Martin does this well plus unlike Iggy he can knock down 20 footers in his sleep
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
"What this team needs is a player who will be primarily be able to break down the D off the dribble. "

Kevin Martin does this well plus unlike Iggy he can knock down 20 footers in his sleep
Iggy, unlike Kevin Martin, stays healthy all season long and plays defense...

Who are you quoting and what's your point?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #203
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Martin is a female. Keep her off the squad.

Last edited by DULLAH; 12-20-2010 at 12:38 PM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #204
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is kinda dishonest. How can you report that DB.com reported it when you are DB.com?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #205
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Roddy had a really great, limited rookie year. I don't think that we can assume he's going to be a 50/40/80 guy for the rest of his year, average 20 ppg, and make the all-NBA team a few times just because of some nice games against crappy teams the coaches knew he'd excel at. I'm a huge Roddy fan, love his potential, and fully believe he can do that. Assuming he can, though, especially due to his injury that appears troublesome, is rather ludicrous. Once again, I love Roddy and I want him back as soon as possible because I know that if he can translate his skills we saw last year into extending minutes, he will be a huge help. But its too early to know that for sure.
I basically agree with all your points. I would just like to see the team put some emphasis on developing younger players that show that kind of potential instead of trading them ( especially as a throw in ) for a veteran on the decline who may not even turn out to be what this team needs. The mavs have been doing this sort of thing for some time now and it has not worked for them. Though I am and have been a Mav fan for years I live within 40 miles of Arco so I am very familier with the Kings. Like you I also was a former fan of Martin. I just don't think he is a good fit for this team for a variety of reasons.

Sure Roddy is some what of an unknown as to his future potential but so are some of the veterans that show up in these trade rumors. Numbers don't always translate from on team to the next. A lot depends on team needs and chemistry and those players ability to adapt to Dallas. Butler appears to now be making that transition. It even took two years for the team to become in sync with Kidd ( or visa versa ). An offensive force such as Martin would be a good fit for a team that needed offense desperately. But for the Mavs one has to consider that with the scorers on this team he would not be putting up the numbers that he did with Sac or Houston. So one needs to weigh if those numbers justify the trade off for his defensive libilities and a potenial disruption of team chemistry. I love the zone but we need to be able to have a man to man option and this requires good on ball defenders.

Yes Roddy is a gamble but the potential payoff far out weighs any risk taken. What is the gamble anyway. He is already on the team. The only cost is just the time spent this year to see how much more he can develop.

Two years ago this team was in desperate need of a scoring two guard. The situation is not as desperate anymore. It would be nice to have one but it is not as imparative so it's important to consider the cost involved in any such aquisition. I think the window to win is longer than first thought so we do have the option of short term player development. My main objection to acquiring a top flight offensive two would be the long term cost. We are not that desperate. I think too many of the posters on this site are still locked into the "We desperately need a two at any cost mentality"

Last edited by wilmtalk; 12-20-2010 at 03:29 PM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #206
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Stein with the suplex slam on Fish:

* You probably won't be surprised to hear that there is essentially no external interest bubbling for Brendan Haywood, given that this is Year 1 on a contract with $41.7 million guaranteed over five years and the swiftness with which Haywood (shooting 25.5 percent from the free-throw line) has fallen behind Tyson Chandler in the Mavs' pecking order. Orlando just proved no one is untradeable with the Rashard Lewis-for-Gilbert Arenas deal, but Haywood is high on the list of trade improbables with so many teams out there averse to taking on long-term contracts when they don't know how restrictive the next collective bargaining agreement will be. I’ve likewise been assured in the strongest terms that Houston, even after losing Yao Ming to a potentially career-ending setback, is not looking at Haywood as a potential replacement and has made that clear to the Mavs, despite what has been reported in some precincts locally. "Less than zero interest" is the way one source with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking jokingly described it. Which is why the similarly reported notion that offering up Haywood could somehow put the Mavs in play for longtime Mavs favorite Kevin Martin -- whom Dallas pursued unsuccessfully last season before the Rockets acquired Martin from Sacramento -- has been politely ignored here.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-big-long-shot

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
return of the quack!