Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

There are five main people that NBA anylsis often overrate players. Here are the main :

1. Vince Carter
2. Shaq
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Garnett(love you, but you're overrated)
5. Tim Duncan
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #2
i.liek.basketball

i.liek.basketball is on a distinguished road

post, of, the, year.
i.liek.basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Other than Carter u cant possibly say those other guys are overrated those are the best ballers in the NBA. Kobe I guess u can have argument for but the guy averages 30 a game and has 2 rings u cant overrate that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 04:53 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< There are five main people that NBA anylsis often overrate players. Here are the main :

1. Vince Carter
2. Shaq
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Garnett(love you, but you're overrated)
5. Tim Duncan
>>

this is beyond ridiculous.

carter is understandable, but here are my top 5 overrated players

1. iverson
2. antoine walker
3. cuttino mobley (maybe this is a by product of reading clutch city)
4. stephon marbury
5. steve francis
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 04:58 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I like your 5, AEX, but substituing Carter for Mobley. No one overrates Mobley, because no one knows him outside Texas--okay..maybe the Midwestern Conference.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:00 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker

I'm gonna beat the crap out of Bill Simmons on ESPN if he keeps on thinking Walker is good.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:04 PM   #7
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

I have always thought Kobe to be over-rated. His rings are there because of Shaq! Vince I agree.
The other 3 are not over-rated. However Garrnet will never win a ring until he cuts his pay allowing the Wolfes to get someone to join him.

Aexchange- your list is right on target except MAYBE Francis he seems to be the real deal. If he really does have his headache problem solved...he just might really smoke 'em.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:14 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

<< antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker
antoine walker

I'm gonna beat the crap out of Bill Simmons on ESPN if he keeps on thinking Walker is good.
>>

Aww poor fatty. Come on, you may think he's overated, but admit it
you laugh when he wobbles on the way up for a lay-up!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When you think about it, the overated thing is a hard thing to do.
I like to think to myself such and such is overated all the time, but then I see them play
a great game, and I feel like a dick...like as if they're laughing at me, saying &quot;overate this!&quot;.
hahaha.
The one name that I read on this page that sticks out is Stephon Marbury.

Oh and MavKiki, everyone in my house knows who Mobley is, and I don't live anywhere near Texas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #9
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Kobe is over-rate -- simply because anyone who's not God and has his level of hype is by definition over-rated.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Uhmm, we´re talking current NBA players and their current Status?

1. Antoine Walker (the guy who plays like his name would be Wobley)
2. Brian Grant (no show during the last seasons imho)
3. Allen Iverson (shooting much means scoring some)
4. Jerry Stackhouse (see Iverson)
tied 5th Big Dog Robinson and Karl Malone (threats of old days)

close to the top: Bonzi Wells, Sam Cassell, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Allan Houston, does Scottie Pippen still count?, and, of course KOBE O`Neal - wait - Kobe Bryant [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If he´s really overrated - we´ll never know until we get to see him without his big buddy.

I don´t see Vince Carter nor TMac as overrated, just like I don´t see Garnett overrated, and neiter da big O´Neal nor Duncan CAN be overrated for their domination of the game.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:49 PM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<< Kobe is over-rate -- simply because anyone who's not God and has his level of hype is by definition over-rated. >>

I think this is the best point, it's more a question of who isn't overated now days.
The media goes crazy, the fans go crazy...everyone is crazy.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-17-2002, 09:21 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I don't think Duncan should be anywhere near these lists. He carries his team every year. He is basically unstoppable. Duncan doesn't really get that much press since he is duller than a butterknife.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:59 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

that first list is retarded.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 10:40 AM   #14
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

Rashard Lewis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 12:02 PM   #15
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

everyone in the WNBA

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sorry. did I just say that out loud?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 12:08 PM   #16
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Lurkin, I do enjoy your posts. I have NO problem saying it, WNBA what a waste of time... MAybe if there were only four teams...they could field something interesting, but I doubt it. Maybe some rule changes and lower goals, it needs something to generate excitement.

A womens pro volleyball league seems to have more po'
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:08 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Hey u cant hate on the WNBA. Sure some of us dont enjoy it but I mean I know alot of females who look up to comin in the WNBA some day and u cant hate them for havin a dream. I give the WNBA if htey last this long abotu 4 more years to develop I know some females who can outhoop some NBA players and they are only in high school. The problem is the WNBA doesent know how to get real talent.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:22 PM   #18
Charlie Brown

I'd watch WNBA if they brought in Anna Kournikova. Her tennis career's dead anyway, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind switching sports.

Old 09-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

How is Shaq not overrated. Every time you turn on the tv, you see his big happy ass.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:27 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

overweighted, but not overrated....

&lt;still don't particularly enjoy watching him&gt;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:29 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

... You see his &quot;big happy ass&quot; winning championships and smashing his defenders... He should have no place on anyone's &quot;overrated&quot; list...
Old 09-18-2002, 06:29 PM   #22
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

<< everyone in the WNBA

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sorry. did I just say that out loud?
>>

haha good one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 06:31 PM   #23
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

<< I'd watch WNBA if they brought in Anna Kournikova. Her tennis career's dead anyway, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind switching sports. >>

what the
Old 09-18-2002, 06:42 PM   #24
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Don't worry about Charlie he's a pervert.

Mavkiki, i thought I was going to choke my on toast.

WNBA, to say they're overated is stupid, i don't think anyone is quite holding them
up to the level on NBA players.
That said, I can't watch it. Too slow, too boring. I've never been one for watching
womens sports though.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-18-2002, 07:08 PM   #25
Charlie Brown

<< Don't worry about Charlie he's a pervert.
>>

making fun of me at mavtalk. now, making fun of me here. geez . . . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2002, 07:31 PM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Veruca..., you have been around here long enough to know that anything that happens at MavTalk is implicitly prohibited here!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] except posting, i guess.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:38 PM   #27
veruca salt
Platinum Member

It's not me!!
Charlie is stalking me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-19-2002, 07:26 AM   #28
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

giving the WNBA television air time is overrating them. Think of what else they could do with that space. Vintage NBA games, bunion surgery: there's a lot of things people would rather watch than the WNBA.

If they increase the talent level to something above junior high level, great. Until then, why?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 07:59 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

bunion surgery....hahaha
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote