Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #41
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

@Tcat075 - I'm not sure we were good enough to win the series, we definitely played not as well as anyone would have hoped (Terry, Kidd, etc.). However, I do think that we may have been able to force a game 7 by having won Game 3 or Game 4, both of which I believe if the calls went both ways, we could have squeaked by with a win in either of them. If the Mavs played/were coached well, they wouldn't have blown huge leads, but the referees did not do us any favors in trying to sustain those diminishing leads.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #42
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
@Tcat075 - I'm not sure we were good enough to win the series, we definitely played not as well as anyone would have hoped (Terry, Kidd, etc.). However, I do think that we may have been able to force a game 7 by having won Game 3 or Game 4, both of which I believe if the calls went both ways, we could have squeaked by with a win in either of them. If the Mavs played/were coached well, they wouldn't have blown huge leads, but the referees did not do us any favors in trying to sustain those diminishing leads.
I look at it like this: Yes, if these calls or those calls had been reversed, the outcome could have been different (you could argue that for most games). But, at the end of the day, who outplayed who in the series? When San Antonio outplayed the Mavs over the course of the series, there isn't much room for griping.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here