Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I was sent an NBA goody bag last year for voting. It had a little backpack, NBA2K game, an all-star t-shirt, fitted cap and a water bottle. It was nice.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #42
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

how many times did you vote?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't recall...about once a day for just about the entire time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else having trouble voting today?

The entire Western Conference side is blank (I cleared internet history and tried two different computers, but it's still not working...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-18-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Anyone else having trouble voting today?

The entire Western Conference side is blank (I cleared internet history and tried two different computers, but it's still not working...)
you broke the all star game.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
you broke the all star game.
Typical...

Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

So, who is the ridiculous vote this year to expose this traveshamockery? Yao?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #48
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
You could ask the same about Duncan. Well, he started as a PF in his career, that's for sure, but IMO in recent years he turned more into a center. Bonner is named the starting center in SA, but that doesn't matter, because he's more beyond the arc than in the paint. If Duncan had been named as a center last season, I'm sure he would not have passed Yao due to the zillion votes from China. Same now with Amare. With Dirk, Duncan and Pau battling for the top spots as a PF, there is no way for Amare. Therefore, put him as center...
Obviously the teams have more of a say in that, than I could have imagined. This is from espn's daily dime:

Quote:
It's true that Amare Stoudemire, like Tim Duncan, prefers to be listed as a power forward as opposed to being called a center.

It's also true, as a couple of veteran scouts reminded me this week, that the Suns make sure Stoudemire is referred to as a 4-man in all their play calls, lest Phoenix's only real low-post scoring threat ever hear his teammates use center terminology when he's on the floor.

On the All-Star ballot, though, Stoudemire most certainly appears as a candidate to be voted in as a West center. Which is right where he belongs, I'd argue, given the makeup of this Suns team.

Let's face it. He's far closer to a true 5-man than Channing Frye, no matter how the Suns call their plays.

And whereas San Antonio makes an annual (and formal) request to the league to ensure Duncan continues to be lumped in with the other West forwards on the ballot, Phoenix and Stoudemire have already learned that the center designation can sometimes come with benefits.

In 2007, Stoudemire became the most successful microfracture knee surgery patient in the game by earning a spot on the All-NBA first team ... as a center. And with Yao Ming sidelined, Stoudemire would appear to be the early favorite -- along with perhaps Lakers center Andrew Bynum -- to be voted in as the West's starting center for the All-Star Game in Dallas in February.
At least that explains how Duncan can be listed as a forward, or how Josh is listed as a guard(I don't think it's an advantage to be listed as a guard in the west, and I can understand the committee here, as it was clear with our offseason acquisitions that Josh would have to play as a guard a lot), although he didn't play a game at the two when voting started. If their respective teams declare them players of a certain position, the nba makes sure they get their will, no matter what is reasonable, or rather apparent to anyone who's watching.
Although I'm not sure what's the point in making a formal request to the league, if it's a committee of sportswriters who decide over the ballot.
Nonetheless, it seems to work...

On a different note, what happens to the write-in votes? Are they actually counted? Because their name never shows up on the confirmation-page after voting, or in the emails I get with my ballots.
And you can never write in more than one spot per.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #49
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

bump

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

thanks for the ping...going now.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #51
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everyone is still voting! How many more days are there to vote?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #52
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
The announcement is coming 1/22, guessing sometime in early January.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
56 days left to vote (and you can vote once a day...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-22-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #54
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Voting done for today.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
Underdog

54 days left, 54 more votes for Dirk!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

keep plugging away at it
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #57
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Carmelo is going to be a starter, as he should be. So it's down to Dirk, Pau, and Duncan for the final forward spot. Dirk hands down deserves the spot over the others, but it seems me me every mind outside of Dallas ranks Pau and Duncan above Dirk for some mindless reason most of the time.. so yes, I am voting daily for Dirk and I hope the rest of us do as well.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #58
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Carmelo is going to be a starter, as he should be. So it's down to Dirk, Pau, and Duncan for the final forward spot. Dirk hands down deserves the spot over the others, but it seems me me every mind outside of Dallas ranks Pau and Duncan above Dirk for some mindless reason most of the time.. so yes, I am voting daily for Dirk and I hope the rest of us do as well.
Gasol has played two games so far and I wouldn't be surprised if he still gets more votes than Dirk (mainly from Laker homers). This absolutely bulls***. Dirk is playing out of his mind right now. Duncan is a good player and a classy guy, but I don't see him playing better than Dirk in the moment. Right now Dirk deserves the starting spot, period!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 11-24-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #59
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

vote daily.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #60
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

All things considered, Dirk is a no brainer as a starter. Duncan should be considered a center, Pau's played two games, and Dirk is leading a team that has 3/5 starters injured right now to the Wests best record. COME ON.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #61
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

You can only vote once within a 24 hour period. (there should be a ticker for when i can vote again :/)
Old 11-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #62
dude1394
Guru

Don't have your coffee without it!!! Vote 'em in...folk...

Last edited by dude1394; 11-26-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #63
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

Me and wife voted about 20 times already

Last edited by DirktyBlue; 11-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #64
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

get all your family members to vote today
Old 11-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #65
Windmill360
Diamond Member

vote dirk.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #66
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Vote done for today.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #67
dude1394
Guru

post stuffer.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

Ah coffee is great on a beautiful chilly morning.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #69
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Done.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #70
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Keep voting
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #71
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
All things considered, Dirk is a no brainer as a starter. Duncan should be considered a center, Pau's played two games, and Dirk is leading a team that has 3/5 starters injured right now to the Wests best record. COME ON.
Did you just try to associate "logic" to "the common NBA fan?"

You, sir, fail miserably
Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #72
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you simply meant LA has more fans, because NO ONE, not even Laker homers honestly consider Pau better than Dirk.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #73
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I hope you simply meant LA has more fans, because NO ONE, not even Laker homers honestly consider Pau better than Dirk.
Hate to break it to you... but yeah, it's that bad.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #74
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Well, they're both tall Europeans with curly hair, so based on that alone, they're mostly equivalent basketball players. The major difference is, PAU HAS A RING.

Therefore, Pau > Dirk.

Quod Erat Demonstratum.

This is how general NBA-fan "logic" works.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #75
fluid.forty.one

I'm surprised they haven't posted any early returns yet.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #76
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Hate to break it to you... but yeah, it's that bad.
Nah, I don't think it is. Do you ever go to RealGM? In the offseason, there was a thread by a Laker homer arguing Pau over Dirk. Of course almost everyone there called him an idiot. There was maybe one or two Laker homers defending the argument, but even 90% of Laker fans weren't buying it.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #77
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

voted
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 AM   #78
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Early returns are usually posted in the second week of december.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #79
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Only 40 more days to vote! If you have time to read this post you have time to go vote!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #80
fluid.forty.one

vote vote vote!

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here