Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #201
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Lucky bastards!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
- I yelled "Crystal Taylor SUCKS!" and Dirk/Edjuardo started laughing.

- GO MAVS!
And that - golden.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #202
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
At one point, we were up 53 points and Najera was still cheering on the bench. LOL
My understanding is that Eddie isn't really available to play. He's still dealing with back issues, trying to get his conditioning right, and the tv crew even said that he tweaked his ankle in practice yesterday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #203
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Then why dress?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #204
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then why dress?
Because it would be uncool to show your junk on the sidelines.....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #205
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then why dress?
I would assume he's healthy enough to play if desperately needed (meaning the entire front court fouled out or got hurt).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #206
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Not looking good for Kidd if this is how we run our offense without him. I knew it was important to be an offensive threat at the point guard position. I miss Harris but Beaubois is showing some of those same skills. Wish Carlisle would play him more and Kidd less.
I'm going to kill myself.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #207
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
The kid is an avid Jason Kidd hater and Harris nuthugger. He really doesn't understand that there is more to basketball than scoring. Just ignore him
Considering we've had a difficult time scoring, I think it's a legit argument. We need more offensive threats out there and this team doesn't rely heavily on point guard play. Heck even Terry was running a successful team for awhile. We just need a scorer/playmaker at the point guard position on this team. Beaubois can become a big time player. Not just his speed but his shooting today was huge. Barea was also scoring some and this team was getting up and down the court quick. I'm not saying Beaubois and Barea are the solution. Just Kidd isn't.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #208
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Considering we've had a difficult time scoring, I think it's a legit argument. We need more offensive threats out there and this team doesn't rely heavily on point guard play. Heck even Terry was running a successful team for awhile. We just need a scorer/playmaker at the point guard position on this team. Beaubois can become a big time player. Not just his speed but his shooting today was huge. Barea was also scoring some and this team was getting up and down the court quick. I'm not saying Beaubois and Barea are the solution. Just Kidd isn't.
And we're saying you don't know anything about basketball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #209
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You need to STFU.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #210
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
And we're saying you don't know anything about basketball.
No analysis? You just support him no matter how bad the mavs are playing with Kidd and how good they looked today without Kidd running the offense? Athleticism is very important in basketball. Especially as a guard. If you don't have the athleticism, you are hurting the team.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 01-24-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #211
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
You need to STFU.
You need to chill out.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #212
Rick41
Diamond Member

In all seriousness though, you are going way out on a limb with what you're saying.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #213
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Athleticism is very important in basketball. Especially as a guard. If you don't have the athleticism, you are hurting the team.
John Stockton says hi.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #214
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No analysis? You just support him no matter how bad the mavs are playing with Kidd and how good they looked today without Kidd running the offense? Athleticism is very important in basketball. Especially as a guard. If you don't have the athleticism, you are hurting the team.
I fail to see where the point guard had much to do with the team shooting 58.1% fgs, 54.5% 3pters and 94.1% fts.

I don't think atheleticism had much to do with those 3pt percentages.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-25-2010 at 12:14 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #215
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
You remember how that back court of Terry and Devin got exposed in the playoffs by Baron Davis?....the same thing would happen if Barea and Terry or Barea and Roddy are in the starting line up, take Kidd off the this team and the Mavs have no leader plus I dout Marion would even want to play on the Mavs since Kidd was the main reason he's here, after one blowout win vs. the KNICKS some people want Kidd gone....I for one want Kidd on this team.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #216
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
You remember how that back court of Terry and Devin got exposed in the playoffs by Baron Davis?....the same thing would happen if Barea and Terry or Barea and Roddy are in the starting line up, take Kidd off the this team and the Mavs have no leader plus I dout Marion would even want to play on the Mavs since Kidd was the main reason he's here, after one blowout win vs. the KNICKS some people want Kidd gone....I for one want Kidd on this team.
Baron Davis was a beast that year. And Dirk got exposed in that series as well by smaller players. Just a horrible matchup. Kidd got exposed by Chris Paul. I just don't like the offensive plays in the halfcourt when Kidd is running the point. It's like he tries to control the game too much and Dallas's offense gets predictable. Thus the efficiency of shooting is down for almost every player. Dampier being the exception as Kidd is good at finding him. I prefer a more chaotic offense that leads to more open shots. Thus a need for a point guard that drives and kicks/scores. Though I gotta admit Beaubois and Barea were playing out of their mind but that is the type of point guard that we need.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #217
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You're going to go with the "Kidd is a control freak" argument?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #218
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Really? You're going to go with the "Kidd is a control freak" argument?
I really think he is best suited as a really good passing shooting guard at this point of his career. We need a guard that can drive though as openings aren't going to happen with Kidd hanging around the 3 point line and just passing the ball. Dirk getting the ball more but not always in a good spot without more chaos. I think that is our missing piece. Not easy to find though. Dirk admits they are struggling with offense and that hurts their defense.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #219
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk getting the ball more but not always in a good spot without more chaos.
Is that a sentence?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #220
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Is that a sentence?
I tried to combine 2 thoughts in one. Dirk needs that chaos. Chaos equals defenses not knowing where to be. Golden State Warriors a few years back created chaos with their athleticism. Thus more opportunities for easier shots. Dirk getting the ball more but not always in a good position to score. He is a great player and can still make those kinds of shots but not the greatest thing for his efficiency.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #221
LonghornDub

Kidd is one of 5 players in the entire league to be averaging over 9 assists a game. Yeah, he's not what we need.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #222
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Kidd is one of 5 players in the entire league to be averaging over 9 assists a game. Yeah, he's not what we need.
Agreed. He's clearly killing the team's offense by continually getting guys the ball in places where they can't be expected to score.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #223
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Assists count doesn't guarantee efficient scoring. It just means he is unselfish. While that is a good attitude to have, it doesn't necessarily mean players are getting great looks. I think Beaubois could be that player that can play the way I envision for this team to succeed more. He will make mistakes but his energy level is a big intangible as well as if he can keep hitting those 3's. Beaubois did a great job defensively as well. I'm not against Kidd in the backcourt but he shouldn't be the one solely running the offense and his energy level might be better if his minutes were cut down like dude1394 said.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 01-25-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #224
LonghornDub

*edit* double post

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-25-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #225
LonghornDub

Quote:
Assists count doesn't guarantee efficient scoring. .
Assist count guarantees that Kidd is putting the ball in the right spot. But hey, maybe some fans don't like that.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #226
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Yes, because everyone knows that the best way to get your assist totals up is to have your teammates miss shots while you somehow manage to behave in a way that is both controlling yet at the same time benignly unselfish.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #227
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
I stopped reading after this because clearly you are operating on the erroneous assumption that the point guard must be a scorer.
You obviously didn't get the point I was making. A point guard has to be a playmaker and be able to drive on this team. We just need better energy on this team and it starts at the guard positions. Seriously you can't see that we need some more energy on this team? And Barea is too unreliable as well as he is just too selfish sometimes as well as he doesn't play defense.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 01-25-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #228
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This mockery of a debate will continue through the next game when Kidd returns and the Mavs fail to win by 50.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 01-25-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #229
LonghornDub

Quote:
You obviously didn't get the point I was making. A point guard has to be a playmaker and be able to drive on this team. We just need better energy on this team and it starts at the guard positions. Seriously you can't see that we need some more energy on this team? And Barea is too unreliable as well as he is just too selfish sometimes as well as he doesn't play defense.
Actually, I did somewhat misread your point the first time (which is why I edited my post), but your actual point is just as incomprehensible and misguided.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #230
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Anyways I'm tired of this debate. When a team is struggling on offense for the last 2 years, something has to be changed. We did get Marion but our 10-8 in the last 18 games shows it's not enough. I think we have enough evidence that this team needs something different.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #231
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Anyways I'm tired of this debate.
Where was the debate? I must have missed it..

Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #232
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
And you want to tell us that Barea is athletic?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #233
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Anyways I'm tired of this debate. When a team is struggling on offense for the last 2 years, something has to be changed. We did get Marion but our 10-8 in the last 18 games shows it's not enough. I think we have enough evidence that this team needs something different.
This team did not struggle offensively last year. Not even a little bit. They were one of the premier offensive teams in terms of efficiency last year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here