Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all
Default Tim Thomas caring for ill wife, out for reg. season

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.2d636f4.html

Not expected to return this regular season. My prayer goes out to him and his family We need you back Tim but you're family needs you more.

Last edited by NoTnERb; 03-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that sucks...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

God bless to Tim and his wife. Prayers out to you man
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Damnit. He would have been an awesome 9th man for the rest of the season, especially being that our backup center is Eddie Najera. I wish we had his size/shooting right about now. Wish the best of luck to him and his family and that his wife is able to fight through whatever it is.

Last edited by tcat075; 03-01-2010 at 10:47 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

That's awful. I wish him and his family all the best.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Thomas would be a great option at different positions, especially due to the lack of size we have at the moment, and is more than just a garbage time player. He could allow us to give our main guys some rest while still being productive enough to not screw anything up on the court.

That said, I respect his absence and hope his wife is able to recover. Best of luck to her. Oh, and Tim is turning out to be a nice man being there to support his wife and making all the right comments about the situation.

Last edited by dalger; 03-01-2010 at 11:47 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Best wishes to Tim Thomas and family!

On a related note: in a situation like this, does Tim Thomas still get paid his full salary?
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Is he going to be there for the playoffs?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

^This is what the report says "Thomas said a best-case scenario would be that things turn for the better, and he might be able to help the team in the playoffs." The whole mavs organization, along with the fans, are in a pretty hot streak right now but we should also take Tim's situation and hope for the best. He's under a pretty hard situation. Man, before I never really liked him especially during the playoffs when we played against the suns and he was kinda too cocky but now I respect him all that much. All the best to you and your family Tim.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Best wishes to Tim Thomas and family!

On a related note: in a situation like this, does Tim Thomas still get paid his full salary?
Even if we could get out of his salary, Cuban would go to hell for withholding it. Its only a minimum salary anyway.

I just hope she gets better. She has to be extremely ill to require months of care as he's provided her. I think I speak for a lot of Mavs fans when I say that our best wishes are with him and his wife.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Basketball ain't that important.

I wish his family well.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post

I wish his family well.
I was going to say the same thing. There's some things that are more important than the NBA. This is definitely one of them.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #13
NoTnERb

Quote:

I wish his family well.
+1

Basketball is important for others but family is WAY MORE important.

Last edited by NoTnERb; 03-02-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

damnit.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 AM   #15
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Familiy over work ANY day - i truly wish him and especially his wife the power to fight trough this. My thoughts and prayers will be with them during these days...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #16
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:

I wish his family well.
This.

I wish his wife a quick recovery.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

I would love to see Tim back for the playoffs. But there's no need to hurry and he's doing the right thing by staying with his wife and kids for as long as it takes.

Kudos to Cuban and the rest of the Mavs for giving him one less thing to worry about, with his job and all.

My hopes and prayers go out to the Thomas family.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 03-02-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Agreed...best wishes and prayers to Tim Thomas, his wife and his family.

Hopefully, as much as we have a hunger to want to know details...hopefully, we the fans, and ultimately the media will give him some respect and space.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I wish his wife a quick recovery, I'm still holding a little faith that everything will workout and TThomas will be in uniform once the Playoffs arrive.

On another note without TThomas, Damp and if Wafer is not resigned, that will leave the Mavs with only 11 roster spots even if you count Matt Carrol, that's super thin even for practices purposes let alone once the Playoffs get here. The Mavs will be one injury away from having to play heavy minutes to the starters specialy at the end of the season.

A journey man big man PF/C ala Jake Voskuhl will be nice in the meantime.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Best wishes to them!
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you are aware I lost my first wife to cancer several years ago. My family was grown so I did not have to worry about children as I was taking care of her. Tim you are a remarkable man doing the right thing. A lot of men in his position would have someone else take care of his wife and family while he continued playing ball.

May God give you the strength and courage to see this through and you will be in many fans prayers from here on out.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #22
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I wish Tim and his wife the best....his wife is way more important than basketball.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here