Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about
Default Dal-LAC Speculation

On the basis that the Baron Davis hasn't been working out with the Clippers and they have a logjam in the front-court, maybe they'd agree to Kidd for B-Diddy and Camby. I don't know what we could throw in to sweeten it (Bass maybe) but it works straight up contractually.

Clippers would be something like 25-28 million under the cap this off season if they didn't resign anyone.

Last edited by stewartj; 01-16-2009 at 10:11 PM.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

genuine speculation or something you just made up?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

The Clips and Baron were rumored to be unhappy earlier in the season, but by speculation, I meant me making this one up. Seems logical though.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

oh okay. keep on truckin'

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I don't want Bee Beard here.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

I would want Camby.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Baron's such a front runner... I'd still do it though. When he's on and healthy and cares he's tough to stop. And his contract is surprisingly not bad. But the Clips could get more for these 2 then an expiring contract. Young players, picks.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

hows howard , damp , bass , kidd ,, for davis, camby , kaman , how does the # 's work with that??
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

Although I love b-diddy's game and talent , that contract is way too big and has a lot of years still on it, the mavs would be in financial hole for a while. So no go IMO on Davis and camby
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
stewartj

I know absorbing the five year deal for Baron would take us out of the running in 2010, but were we ever going to attract Lebron, Bosh, or any of the rest. I say keep the salary number up as close to the luxury tax as possible and try to stockpile as much talent as you can.

The Clippers go the other way and act as the only team willing to throw money around this off season, while other teams penny pinch in preparation for 2010.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
genuine speculation or something you just made up?
LMAO!!!!!!!!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote