View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #142
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Agree with all of this.

People, not jthig, need to understand that if the situation calls for it then RC is going to away from Haywood. Pop is smart enough to go for the Hack-a-Wood and Haywood's game wasn't going to be that effective in a game against the "new" Spurs, especially if Dirk is out of the game. The Spurs are more inclined to push the tempo - that doesn't work for Haywood. The Mavericks needed to stretch the floor on offense - that doesn't work with Haywood in.

Mahinmi and Ajinca are both seen as players who can play the 5, Ajinca is the only guy out of the two who is seen as a 4 based on his ability to extend outside with the range. He was better suited to get minutes based on the matchup and the situation.
So I guess no big deal that our $8MM/year center is getting a DNP CD in the biggest game of the year. I don't disagree with the decision, and I understand Carlisle's thinking, but it's pathetic how little the mavs are getting out of their off-season investment. It's an instant regret type of thing and I guarantee the mavs would love a do over on that contract.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote