View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #895
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Only problem is, if we keep Dirk and all of our cheap guys (and Marion), after we max out CP3 we barely have the cap space for those "carefully chosen role players," nor do we have much of a history of getting those types of players to come here at a discount.

If we trade Marion, different story. But I think we'd only go that route if we were going for broke and going for Dwight, too.
I expect that if we had kept the championship team we would have had lots of candidates to come here at discounts. Vince carter is actually an example in some respects.

But with dirk/cp3 I think you would get a lot of candidates. Heck just cp3 would probably help a bunch.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote