View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #36
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'd love to discuss, but not with someone who is condescending like that.

I said "almost" and also edited to reflect that Giannis is performing better (although PER is terrible to compare forwards and guards, because PER over-emphasizes rebounding)

I was also talking about who was available between 13 and 18. I wasn't talking about how we drafted, but in the impact of trading down. I'd love to also have a discussion about how well we draft again, but also not with someone whose answer to everything is to say that it's not worth talking to people that aren't as smart as you.

1. PER doesn't over-emphasize rebounding. I don't know where you came up with that idea. CP3 is third in the NBA in PER. Isaiah Thomas is 13th. Moreover, Giannis is only averaging 3.9 RPG.

2. Larkin obviously isn't as talented as Giannis. That's clear to anyone who has watched them both play. You'd be hard pressed to find a single GM who thinks Larkin has a higher ceiling than Giannis (or Schroeder, for that matter).

The fact is, you tend to overrate Mavs players once they put on a Mavs jersey. You, with a straight face, said Monta Ellis could average a double-double during pre-season.

Ager, DoJo, Cunnigham, Crowder, James, Larkin...the Mavs drafting has undeniably been very poor. Larkin is a small PG with a short wingspan and he isn't a great passer. He'll never be more than a 3rd PG on a good team.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote