View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I have no idea what's gonna happen with Rondo this summer... but I'm sure the Lakers (and/or Knicks) will throw max money at him.
How do you know this? As good as Rondo can be, I don't see any indication that he's a max player at all. Further, he's probably the worst fit in the league for PG in the triangle offense, so unless Jackson bails on NY after one year, I don't think the Knicks will even be in the mix for him, regardless of what rumors his agent and the NY media decide to circulate.

Now, the whole Kobe and LA thing is weird, and makes for a weird dynamic. I suppose I can see them throwing a desperate max offer at Rondo, but doing so just to placate a clearly fading Kobe would be utter stupidity, I think, so I wouldn't think that's terribly likely, either.

I guarantee you the Mavs aren't going to make Rajon Rondo their highest paid player, and they have to re-up with TY and Ellis this summer, too, so I don't think your nightmare will come true. I'd still put my money on the Mavs getting Rondo back, if they want him, and on a contract they think is fair.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote