Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I've been diving into the players in the 5-10 range the last few weeks... mostly because I see how determined the Mavs are to muck up this situation. Markkanen from a talent perspective seems like a lock at this point, but I do question his fit.

Jonathan Isaac as of late has been really coming along, and he has the versatility to move between the 3 and 4. His biggest knock is the "thin frame", but after watching KD for the last 10 years I would be willing to take the risk. He isn't the scorer of a KD, but he could evolve into a Kevin Garnett type. Personally I would take Isaac > Tatum or Jackson. Tatums ceiling seems on the low end, and Jackson has zero range. Both guys currently are projecting to go ahead of Isaac.
Yeah I personally think Tatum looks way too much like Barnes in terms of where he scores on the floor. I think that would be a bigger worry on fit than Markkanen. Jackson scares me as well. Seems he scares a lot of ppl on here. I'd be happy if Isaac was the player we ended up with. I wouldn't be ecstatic like Smith or Fultz but I'd be happy for sure.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote