Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I go back and forth with Markkanen. On the one hand, Barnes does play best taking advantage of 4's. But on the other hand the NBA has become so position-less that I'm not sure it matters. And since Mavs keep running high screens with Barnes getting mismatches with guards it just makes me think even more that it won't matter. As long as Markkanen can hold his own in the post on defense and rebound it would fit I think.
I've been diving into the players in the 5-10 range the last few weeks... mostly because I see how determined the Mavs are to muck up this situation. Markkanen from a talent perspective seems like a lock at this point, but I do question his fit.

Jonathan Isaac as of late has been really coming along, and he has the versatility to move between the 3 and 4. His biggest knock is the "thin frame", but after watching KD for the last 10 years I would be willing to take the risk. He isn't the scorer of a KD, but he could evolve into a Kevin Garnett type. Personally I would take Isaac > Tatum or Jackson. Tatums ceiling seems on the low end, and Jackson has zero range. Both guys currently are projecting to go ahead of Isaac.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I've been diving into the players in the 5-10 range the last few weeks... mostly because I see how determined the Mavs are to muck up this situation. Markkanen from a talent perspective seems like a lock at this point, but I do question his fit.

Jonathan Isaac as of late has been really coming along, and he has the versatility to move between the 3 and 4. His biggest knock is the "thin frame", but after watching KD for the last 10 years I would be willing to take the risk. He isn't the scorer of a KD, but he could evolve into a Kevin Garnett type. Personally I would take Isaac > Tatum or Jackson. Tatums ceiling seems on the low end, and Jackson has zero range. Both guys currently are projecting to go ahead of Isaac.
Yeah I personally think Tatum looks way too much like Barnes in terms of where he scores on the floor. I think that would be a bigger worry on fit than Markkanen. Jackson scares me as well. Seems he scares a lot of ppl on here. I'd be happy if Isaac was the player we ended up with. I wouldn't be ecstatic like Smith or Fultz but I'd be happy for sure.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:05 AM   #3
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/5...vericks-012117

Edit-
I should add I don't take anything Chad Ford says seriously. I have no clue why he's the Mel Kiper of Basketball drafts with ESPN. No idea who Chris Stone is but he can't be worse than Ford... right?

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-22-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote