View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #761
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Bamba would be an absolute STUD if averaged 13-18 PPG... Personally, I'm expecting his upside to be closer to 12-14 PPG, with perennial All-NBA Defense honors for the duration of his career... I mean, I don't think any of us would be mad if he ended up being as good as Tyson Chandler, and Ty never topped 12 PPG in a single season.

You're not drafting Bamba to go HAM on offense, you're drafting him to anchor your defense and grab boards. That's what he do... Everything else is gravy.
I put his absolute upside at 17/18ish a game. And I think highly enough of him to where I think his low side is around 13. Again, I'm not talking about next year or even 2-3 years from now. When he's 26-27 years old, I would be disappointed if he were at 12 points per game. Ultimately, I think he finds a happy spot in the 15 PPG range and will spend much of his career as the team's #3 or #4 best scorer.

And I completely understand that you're not drafting him to be your offensive go to guy. That was my point. Do you go with a guy with lesser offensive expectations but can be a force defensively or do you go with a guy that you think can be a force on the offensive end if that is available.. What do you value more for this Mavs team?

Y'all could very well be right.. Maybe instead of 13-18 range with bamba it's more of a 10-16 range. We will see. In my opinion, it all depends on how much that outside shot develops.

Last edited by Luke; 06-07-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote