Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of
Default At DB.com If All Else Fails ... my idea for the Mavs ideal backup trade option

At db.com, detailed article on If All Else Fails (what should be the Mavs' backup option if they can't find the super homerun deal)

The short version ... in this climate, I see an obvious window of opportunity to upgrade via trade (includes full discussion of which teams the Mavs look to be competing with as a buyer of salary, who else may or may not be in the picture, and how that positions Dallas in the market)

My preference ...Shaq (Shaq-Barnes-Hill for Stack-JHo-Williams)
Next ....a Gasol-ish homerun
The If All Else Fails ... Salmons/Moore from Sacramento for Stack/Wright

Why is this my If All Else Fails choice?

Salmons ...oft-discussed upgrade, isn't the Gasol-ish homerun but will improve the team by adding another starter-level talent

Moore ...a backup center of some use who thrived alongside Kidd in NJ
...but more importantly, he (a) makes the trade-matching on a deal for Salmons work and in a sweeter way for Sac, and (b) the super part for the Mavs would be, his contract is just like Stackhouse's, only partly guaranteed for 09-10, so they can get him now and trade him in May-June - giving a second/backup shot to swing for the homerun at a time when you can also combine Carroll's shrinking deal to help get to a much bigger salary dump for another team and when there will be few if any competitors who can or will be offering instant salary reduction to a desperate team

Fuller details in the article on the DallasBasketball.com HOMEpage http://www.dallasbasketba...om/fullColumn.php?id=1344
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grasping at straws, ideal backup option gone, mods are hypocrites