Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #361
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

w/ RJ it depends on who else we pick up and who we gave up to get him. He is a good finisher for Kidd. He does get to the rack. He's a decent defender. He's maybe a tad soft. His rebounding averages have been declining. But w/ Kidd and our new center : ) rebounding should be a relative strength. If we nab someone like Felton our need for a penetrator decreases and i'd rather have someone like Marion. Versatile defender.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #362
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

The reason I wan RJ and the Bucks pick is because they are trying to save money and wont have enuff to get the high pick that they will have. Their pick will be top 10 possibly top 5

Soo lets say we get

RJ and 6th pick
or
Redd and the pick for Josh or Damp +

that sounds good to me

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #363
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Suns fans don't seem too happy with Jrich from reading their boards. The guy is streaky and overpaid. No thanks.

Much rather have Richard Jefferson.
Suns fans aren't happy with anyone these days...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #364
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The Suns are a mystery and even Nash or anyone on that team doesn't know what style or if they are safe. They knew they must have a big man to go anywhere in the playoffs. So they tried Shaq but he is not a full court man and especially at this age.

Watch out for the Spurs trying to get David Lee or a hoss inside and another guy that goes hard to the basket. They do not stay bad for long, plus they needed Gino. Great win here for the Mavs. Then you look at the Suns? Big question mark. Who stays, who goes, are they going to run or go after a Bosh, where does Shaq go and for who, will Nash stay, need some defense on that team. They are a mystery on anything they do.

I hope the Mavs get a hoss inside and a good sg that is tall, that can drive. Our point guard is a mystery. I do not know how that goes.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #365
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I don't think a Vince Carter would have gotten us by the Nugs/Rox/Lakers or a fully healthy San Antonio. Unlike most people, who think we need an offensive dynamo, I like the idea of going with a guy who is defensive minded and can score about 16 ppg. If we keep Dirk + JHo and add a guy like that, I think we're in business.

So put me down for Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, Tayshuan Prince, Travis Outlaw, Tyrus Thomas, etc.

Move JHo to shooting guard, go with a BIG lineup, have our guys rotate on the quick guards.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #366
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
I don't think a Vince Carter would have gotten us by the Nugs/Rox/Lakers or a fully healthy San Antonio. Unlike most people, who think we need an offensive dynamo, I like the idea of going with a guy who is defensive minded and can score about 16 ppg. If we keep Dirk + JHo and add a guy like that, I think we're in business.

So put me down for Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, Tayshuan Prince, Travis Outlaw, Tyrus Thomas, etc.

Move JHo to shooting guard, go with a BIG lineup, have our guys rotate on the quick guards.
You hit our needs right on the money. Along with a competent center as well, or course.

IF that were the case, it would end up...

Good Center
Dirk
Artest/Smith/Wallace/However it may end up being
Josh
Kidd

Bench
Backup Center (Most likely Damp'll be gone, probably Hollins)
Bass
Wright
JET
JJ
+ extra's

That would be pretty nice, and if we could make some small moves to aquire 1 or 2 good role players (who play like Bowen did/still kinda does, or Adrian Griffin was)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #367
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I wonder if Bosh is on the market. He is not a true center but he is immensely talented and probably a top 20 player and one of the all-NBA caliber players I was mentioning.

There were rumors from detroit about Prince/Amir/#1 for Bosh. can't our guys in blue do better than that? J-Ho > Prince, Bass > Amir, lower draft pick though!

One center I am not interested in is Chris Kaman.

Chandler is alright if he's healthy he's a good defender

Big Diesel is good too. Okafor is solid if he's on the market.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #368
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
One center I am not interested in is Chris Kaman.

Chandler is alright if he's healthy he's a good defender
So Chandler is good...and Kaman is a no go?

Unless we're talking money issues or the difference is what it takes to acquire them...give me Kaman: solid D and good O. Whereas Chandler is just good D and dunks.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #369
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think they'll want more than that for Bosh. Worse case scenario 4 Toronto they let him play out the season and trade him at the deadline. Trading him now means they squeeze and extra player or 2 out of the deal. It depends on how(quietly)vocal Bosh is about wanting out. And i think they would say Amir>Bass but they might like J-Ho's team option for '10.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #370
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm less enamored with Kaman than some on this board, but I'm with sike on ranking him somewhat higher on my list of desirables than Chandler. In either case I'd probably find myself wishing for Camby on occasion, but Kaman's considerably better at creating his own offense than Chandler. That tips the scales, IMO.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #371
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'm less enamored with Kaman than some on this board...
I'm not sure about "enamored" (more like "in love" )...but I do think a center that can clog the middle, block shots, and score with effectiveness is something our deal Mavs could use. If there is someone realistically on the block that the Mavs can acquire that can do all that with better effectiveness than Kaman, then I say get that guy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 05-15-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #372
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm not sure about "enamored" (more like "in love" )...but I do think a center that can clog the middle, block shots, and score with effectiveness is something our deal Mavs could use. If there is someone realistically on the block that the Mavs can acquire that can do all that with better effectiveness than Kaman, then I say get that guy.
Kaman only works if he's healthy - even Dampier has managed to stay on the court more than he has...

Although don't get me wrong, with Damp on his way out, Kaman is still one of my top choices at center (next to Shaq, and to a lesser degree, Chandler...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-15-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: clarification
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #373
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...but I do think a center that can clog the middle, block shots, and score with effectiveness is something our deal Mavs could use.
Absolutely. Upgrading the center position should be near the top of the list. It doesn't need to be an all-star, but it's got to be someone who can continue to be effective against teams that are athletic or go small. A healthy Kaman would fit that bill. I think the same goes for Chandler. Neither guy by themselves would be enough without a significant upgrade at the 2/3, but both would help.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #374
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm less enamored with Kaman than some on this board, but I'm with sike on ranking him somewhat higher on my list of desirables than Chandler. In either case I'd probably find myself wishing for Camby on occasion, but Kaman's considerably better at creating his own offense than Chandler. That tips the scales, IMO.
"desperate" might be the word to describe my feelings. With our mid-range and outside threats, all we need is a center with minimal offensive capabilities, and he'd look like an all-star down low.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #375
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
"desperate" might be the word to describe my feelings. With our mid-range and outside threats, all we need is a center with minimal offensive capabilities, and he'd look like an all-star down low.
And just think how much better Kidd looks with a low post threat?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #376
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
exactly. And though I'd rather have an in-his-prime shaq or hakeem, or Brook Lopez or Camby even, anyone that can catch the ball and get 10 points on his own would do wonders for this team.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #377
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
exactly. And though I'd rather have an in-his-prime shaq or hakeem, or Brook Lopez or Camby even, anyone that can catch the ball and get 10 points on his own would do wonders for this team.
I agree. That lack of a agile big man on the inside cost us multiple chances at 2nd chance pts and putbacks

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #378
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Neither guy by themselves would be enough without a significant upgrade at the 2/3, but both would help.
I agree. Multiple moves MUST happen this off season.

Last edited by sike; 05-15-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #379
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #380
sike
The Preacha

yowza!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #381
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Here's how my offseason began:

Thanks, Gmail.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #382
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Here's how my offseason began:

Thanks, Gmail.
Got a few Drafts there buddy. LOL btw, I love gmail.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #383
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

next years line up

C Dwight
PF Dirk
SF Gerald
SG- T mac
PG- Kidd

Last edited by mavs777; 05-15-2009 at 04:19 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #384
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #385
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
next years line up

C Dwight
PF Dirk
SF Gerald
SG- T mac
PG- Kidd
no thanks. i'd like to make it out of the first round.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #386
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

It would be the best line up in the nba
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #387
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs desperately need some low-post offense. I'd prefer Kaman or Shaq over Chandler for that very reason.

What if the Clips want to package B. Davis with Kaman again? Go for it? Damp/Stack works. Man you'd be hard pressed to pass up a trade like that if the Clips just want a salary dump.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #388
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

The list of guys I'd support taking a chance on if the price doesn't include JET or Josh includes both Kaman and BD.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #389
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The list of guys I'd support taking a chance on if the price doesn't include JET or Josh includes both Kaman and BD.
you're not willing to lose EITHER Josh or JET for a combo of Kaman and BD...or not willing to trade BOTH Josh and JET for them?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #390
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
you're not willing to lose EITHER Josh or JET for a combo of Kaman and BD...or not willing to trade BOTH Josh and JET for them?
My thinking when I say that is strictly in terms of deals where there's only a single guy coming back to Dallas. For example, If Player A and B on some other team are both in the neighborhood of Josh in terms of talent/productivity, I probably wouldn't trade Josh for either Player A or Player B straight up. But if I could get both player A and B by trading Josh plus junk, I would. I guess the rule is, if a core guy is going, it's either because there are two guys as good as him returning, or one guy who's considerably better.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #391
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
My thinking when I say that is strictly in terms of deals where there's only a single guy coming back to Dallas. For example, If Player A and B on some other team are both in the neighborhood of Josh in terms of talent/productivity, I probably wouldn't trade Josh for either Player A or Player B straight up. But if I could get both player A and B by trading Josh plus junk, I would. I guess the rule is, if a core guy is going, it's either because there are two guys as good as him returning, or one guy who's considerably better.
so the new question is: would you move Josh and JET for BD and Kaman? (Not sure the contracts work...just throwing that out as a question)

Old 05-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #392
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

no
Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #393
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
so the new question is: would you move Josh and JET for BD and Kaman? (Not sure the contracts work...just throwing that out as a question)
BD's prime is nearly done. Kaman is very injury prone lately. I wouldn't pull this trade.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #394
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
BD's prime is nearly done. Kaman is very injury prone lately. I wouldn't pull this trade.
Me neither. Thus, I was quite happy that the trade didn't happen last time. As you wrote, BD's prime is almost done and Kaman... Well, if he's healthy he's definitely an upgrade to Dampier, but he so injury prone.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #395
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

here's an idea i haven't heard much of. the rockets have essentially proved they are a better team without mcgrady. is getting him via a trade feasible at all? lets say we give them howard and bass (if you can think of another combo let me know...i'd hate to lose bass, but in this case i wouldn't mind) and maybe our 1st rounder or something. either that or we trade Howard to Golden State for Stephen Jackson (say what you want, the guy is an intense defender and a deadeye shooter). then we turn around and trade damp and/or stack to new orleans for chandler and stojakovic (we'd probably have to take his exorbitant salary for them to take the deal). and finally, we use our MLE for a player like trevor ariza who would give us another athletic defender with good offensive ability for depth. re-sign kidd and our starting lineup would look like this:

PG-Jason Kidd
SG-Tracy McGrady or Stephen Jackson
SF-Peja Stojakovic
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
C-Tyson Chandler

and coming off the bench we'd have Barea, Terry, Ariza, Singleton (assuming we resign him) and Hollins.

thats not too shabby right there. also, i thought i remembered hearing that Odom was a free agent this year. is this correct? i don't know that he'd sign somewhere else for anything less than a starting gig since he could stay where he is and be a valuable reserve on a perennial contender, but i just thought i'd ask.

also...imagine the small lineup of Kidd, Terry, McGrady/Jackson at the 3, Stojakovic at the 4, and Dirk at the 5.

Last edited by Mavsfan2thedeath; 05-15-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #396
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
here's an idea i haven't heard much of. the rockets have essentially proved they are a better team without mcgrady. is getting him via a trade feasible at all? lets say we give them howard and bass (if you can think of another combo let me know...i'd hate to lose bass, but in this case i wouldn't mind) and maybe our 1st rounder or something. either that or we trade Howard to Golden State for Stephen Jackson (say what you want, the guy is an intense defender and a deadeye shooter). then we turn around and trade damp and/or stack to new orleans for chandler and stojakovic (we'd probably have to take his exorbitant salary for them to take the deal). and finally, we use our MLE for a player like trevor ariza who would give us another athletic defender with good offensive ability for depth. re-sign kidd and our starting lineup would look like this:

PG-Jason Kidd
SG-Tracy McGrady or Stephen Jackson
SF-Peja Stojakovic
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
C-Tyson Chandler

and coming off the bench we'd have Barea, Terry, Ariza, Singleton (assuming we resign him) and Hollins.

thats not too shabby right there. also, i thought i remembered hearing that Odom was a free agent this year. is this correct? i don't know that he'd sign somewhere else for anything less than a starting gig since he could stay where he is and be a valuable reserve on a perennial contender, but i just thought i'd ask.
No screw T-mac that man has no respect from anyone anymore. He just plain out sucks balls now.

Stephen Jackson me all they way.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #397
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree. Multiple moves MUST happen this off season.
Yea no more joking around. Next season is do or die with the Mavs.

Also sike do you only post in the offseason?
Or were you just locked up in a cave from being naughty?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #398
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not for Shaq really. Especially if we have Kidd. We will be so old and Shaq's potential to break down or at least not be able to play every night isn't worth the trouble. At some point you realize that was was once isn't anymore and I think we missed the window on him. I would rather have Chandler of the two. I think Hollins could be chandler with enough improvement. I don't hang my hat on that but the same build and athleticism. I'm out on Shaq personally.
I still think you'd get more bang for you buck with maybe 2/3 of a season with Shaq vs 4/5 of one with Chandler. The point is...BOTH of them are going to miss time. It's up to you if you buy into the hype that Shaq is saying he is determined to prove he still has stuff left in the tank and that he's losing a bunch of weight and working our hard. I think he's still driven by rings and comfort. He has a big ego and he wants to be remembered as one of the most dominant bigs in league history. The numbers can validate that, the rings do so even more.

And with Hollins...why would you want Chandler when you have a Chandler starter-kit with Hollins. I'd want a variety at the position. Shaq and Hollins would be complimentary pieces to each other.

------
More digging suggests this is what Phoenix would like in terms of a deal:
-Shaq for Josh + Stack
-Shaq + JRich for Josh + Barea + Damp + Stack
-Shaq for Bass (S&T) + Damp + Wright
-Shaq for Bass (S&T) + Damp

Damp/Stack alone isn't going to cut it for them. At least right now it isn't.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #399
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I wanted Stephen Jackson on this team since last summer...I really hope the Mavs go after him this summer.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #400
Danny Boi

Danny Boi will become famous soon enough

IMHO, as weird as it may seem the Mavs aren't too far awy from contending. All they need is an athletic big man, some guys with attitude, a good shooter, and someone to finally fill the SG void we've had for so long. I know....this might seem like it's asking for alot but it is very possible. I like the idea of Shaq coming here because while he is old, I guarantee you if he would've been with us during this playoff series the nuggets woudn't have been running a layup/dunk drill on us. If i'm not mistaking the suns were about to trade him to the cavs @ the deadline for nothing. I think damp and stack could get it done because they're expiring contracts and the suns owner as infamous for being very very cheap. As far as an athletic big man I would love to have tyson chhandler in here. The hornets were practically gonna give him away for expiring contracts, so he can be had too. I'd be ecstatic if we could land one of these two big men. As far as free agents go I say we have to resign Kidd. He defenitely won't cost as much and maybe we can use him to lure lebron here in 2010 if he doesn't win in cleveland because they're real good friends(i can dream right). I would also like to resign bass and hollins because they just bring some attitude that the mavs lack, they shouldn't be too expensive. As for other free agents I'd like for us to sign either Felton or Sessions. I'd prefer Felton because I just feel like he's coming into his own. Another guy I want them to go after is Ariza or Matt Barnes. For some reason I just get the feeling that the lakers aren't gonna resign both ariza and odom. ariza is an athletic scorer and good defender, and Barnes is a great shooter off the bench who has a little attitude in him. Finally, by most mock drafts i've seen some players that i'd love for the mavericks could be had. They could either go with a guy like Tyreke evans who would finally fill the SG void that the mavs have always had or they coud go with a PG like Jrue Holiday who has great size, was the HS Gatorade Player of The Year, and coming from UCLA u know he plays great defense, and we could groom him while he plays behind one of the best in Kidd. I think these trades would help us get real competitive, athletic, and more gritty, while also not hurting our chances to sign anyone in the 2010 off-season.
Our lineup could look like this:
Kidd, Felton or Sessions, JJB MAYBE Jrue Holiday
Howard, Barnes, Wright , MAYBE Tyreke Evans
Ariza, Barnes, Wright
Dirk, Bass
Shaq or Chandler, Hollins
This looks like a pretty good line-up if u ask me!!!
Danny Boi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?